If Toov's has been sacked in the media, A club great prior to the Penn's take over has hit a new low

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know Loobs, I'd seriously doubt Tooves is on $600k or more, so I can't see that would be the gap (or are you talking across the term rather than p/a?)
The papers mentioned he's on $750.

What people forget is that Tooves lost the playing group late last year and never truly got them back. Some angry old heads shut up because they got golden handshake deals but it doesn't mean the rot stopped.

If you recall Foz the cat mentioned when he went to the all stars that it would be a nice change from Tooves and his style of training. Foz, as big a dick as he's been, is well liked within the playing group. THAT is probably the feeling among a lot of the players. Say what you want about Tooves the legend - yes he is - that is fact - BUT - we should all be cautious in believing everything that comes out in the press verbatim. Not a wise move. As much as Penn is being painted as an ass, it's also entirely possible that they tried to move Tooves on with dignity, but he dug his heels in. Anything is possible and we will probably never know. Just hope for stability and a better product next year and a team we can all get behind that puts in every week and is Hasson free...
For you and the other dimwitted mongs that keep going on about squad selection

How ****ing stupid are you? How easily you forget about the second tier cap that's stopped a number of boom youngsters dead in their tracks,like Moylan in his rookie year

Maybe our second tier cap is blown and we're living on dispensations so we keep having to select these numpties

Then tell me what coach in the known universe could ever continue winning with those injuries alone while having to select useless turds like Hiku,Hasson and Hodges

When your done there look at the remnants of our forward pack, they'd have trouble beating Dalai Arthurs ****ing under 12 rouse hill rhinos

We have the adopted Burgess, a rookie who has no place being our second best prop behind old man ****ing winter whose our best prop then we have gronks like Hasson

Our vaunted back line has played 3 games together all year and our 'next captain' has a heart the size of a pea

Add to that we've lost about 5 games we had in the ****ing bag,both games against penrith, one against the cows, one where we had Brisbane on the ropes and I'm sure there's one I've forgotten

10 more points we should've had likely plops us in the top 4 even with all of that bull**** i just mentioned

All of the insideous whispers, all the bull**** and bad calls, all the halves contract bull**** and you ****ers are lining up for your piece of the pie on Tooveys job? I have never felt shame following this club but if this firing comes to pass I'll feel it then, i already feel it in our greedy supporter base wanting our most loyal clubman ever to be knifed in the back

If this comes to pass i urge all season ticket members who are loyal to those who don our jersey to demand refunds on these memberships,tell them why and let the gutless owner fit the bill

Someone will buy our club off this owner should the need come,probably quantum again

For those who still think this knifing is a good idea please don't reproduce,the world is ****ty enough already

The papers mentioned he's on $750.
Wrong, 2v and Georgallis are on that in total. Both are contracted in 2016

Plus 2v's bonuses kicked in each year he got Manly into the finals, top 4 and GF - in everyone of his past 3 years !

Hooper is reporting that Matty will also honour his contract and Manly will needto pay him out if they do not want him - good on him !

Matt Ballin's management has told Manly the hooker won't be going anywhere, despite attempts to ship him off to England just months after signing a two-year extension. Ballin has told friends he's willing to play NSW Cup on full pay, if that's what's required to see-out his contract.

Last edited:
My Two Cents - ok more like 10 cents worth (apologies for the length)

Geoff Toovey:
I have great respect for Toovey, and like most, see him as a club legend. His best qualities are his loyalty, toughness and passion - these can never be questioned.

Taking in the period he has been coaching, the team he inherited and the results we have seen, I'd suggest Toovey is a decent coach. I don't think he will ever be a great coach and would suggest his talents lay elsewhere. He has impressive experience at board level with NRMA etc, and tertiary qualifications in finance. Two things that Manly are in need of - so I am hoping we can make the most of these skills, along with the fact he bleeds maroon and white.

If board members are angered about him denying he has been told (that he won't be coaching next year) - it goes to show our dysfunction at this level. It is not the coaches job to announce he has been sacked and is another example of this club's stance on communication.

The Club and Bozo:
The best thing the club has done recently is have Bozo involved to inject new life into Manly and use his significant influence and experience to address some key concerns - namely recruitment and coaching structures.

The club's negotiations and communications have been nothing short of amateurish - I've never witnessed anything like it since I've been following the club over the last 30 odd years. We got DCE in the end, but it cost us more than it would have if we stood by the original offer that he was happy to accept. The extension of Ballin and the resulting backflip (if true) is very poor; however, this is more than likely a pre Bozo v post Bozo conflict.

As for communication, I'd suggest the club look to bring in someone that is an expert in this area that they are actually willing to listen to rather than overrule and ignore. We have appointed Wayne Cousins as Media Manager and either he is out of his depth, or his advice has been ignored. To have a situation where signings of not one, but three players have been confirmed by their former clubs, and now by the players themselves, with nothing being said by our club, is just unacceptable. It is incredibly unprofessional, disrespectful (to the fans and players) and has brought great frustration - nothing positive has come from it.

They have done the same thing with the coach and have players speaking in the media (both new signings and existing) saying that they have no idea who the coach will be and are confused as to whether it will be Barrett or Toovey - once again, unacceptable. We have constant speculation in the media that is not going away until the club addresses it directly (albeit all to late).

Now we have the list of 14 - which I'm happy about in terms of a restructuring of our team, but extremely unhappy that once again we are hearing this via a leak. We have more leaks than a 1980's breast implant - again, nothing good comes from this and must be addressed.

2016 Prospects:
I hope we all give Trent Barrett a genuine go. He is rated highly by Bozo and Gould, has played at the highest level and has had nothing to do with the way things have been handled with Geoff. Instead, he has stayed right out of it and given the media nothing - which is exactly the right way to handle this from his perspective.

Yes, Barrett has no runs on the board yet, but neither did Bennett, Bellamy or Des before they were given their shot. Everyone has to start somewhere and nobody becomes successful without being given an opportunity - he is no different and time will tell whether he makes a success of this or not.

As for our player recruits, I think it is a good start. I am hoping Myles wants to re-invigorate his career and get back to his best. Should he do this, we are in for a 'BK' like experience, should he not....well let's assume he will. I really like Api Korisou and think he could be a revelation for us, especially given the new interchange rules. Brown, is a solid signing that brings experience and energy and again is suited to the interchange reductions. Lussick - he is the only signing I'm concerned about. For him to prove a valuable addition, he will have to turn his career around and show us something that has eluded him in his career to date - controlled aggression and a high work rate. Let's hope he can do this.

In my opinion we are still one or two signings short of what we need - more so in the forwards than in the 6 position. We have a top backline and halves this year, yet we are at the bottom end of the table - we need hard, meter eating forwards that can dominate opposition packs to get the most out of our backline. We need a Moa or Tamou or someone of that ilk - which means we get someone with time remaining on their contract or we target 2017 as the year we finish off our recruiting. By then, we may also have a couple in the lower grades ready to step up - let's hope so.
Message from the Penns: you're 8 cents over budget. Cut it now or we'll be sending in the fat Greek to sort you out.

How ****ing stupid are you? How easily you forget about the second tier cap that's stopped a number of boom youngsters dead in their tracks,like Moylan in his rookie year

Maybe our second tier cap is blown and we're living on dispensations so we keep having to select these numpties

Then tell me what coach in the known universe could ever continue winning with those injuries alone while having to select useless turds like Hiku,Hasson and Hodges

When your done there look at the remnants of our forward pack, they'd have trouble beating Dalai Arthurs ****ing under 12 rouse hill rhinos

We have the adopted Burgess, a rookie who has no place being our second best prop behind old man ****ing winter whose our best prop then we have gronks like Hasson

Our vaunted back line has played 3 games together all year and our 'next captain' has a heart the size of a pea

Add to that we've lost about 5 games we had in the ****ing bag,both games against penrith, one against the cows, one where we had Brisbane on the ropes and I'm sure there's one I've forgotten

10 more points we should've had likely plops us in the top 4 even with all of that bull**** i just mentioned

All of the insideous whispers, all the bull**** and bad calls, all the halves contract bull**** and you ****ers are lining up for your piece of the pie on Tooveys job? I have never felt shame following this club but if this firing comes to pass I'll feel it then, i already feel it in our greedy supporter base wanting our most loyal clubman ever to be knifed in the back

If this comes to pass i urge all season ticket members who are loyal to those who don our jersey to demand refunds on these memberships,tell them why and let the gutless owner fit the bill

Someone will buy our club off this owner should the need come,probably quantum again

For those who still think this knifing is a good idea please don't reproduce,the world is ****ty enough already
So what - we won a whole bunch of games last year we had no business winning so our equal first finish was actually a myth. Did he or did he not lose the squad at the back end of last year?

This could have all been avoided if Lizarko had never signed ZtH for the commencement of the 1969 season. Oh, for a crystal ball back in the late 'sixties, hey Ken?

Who knows, the Penns' might have taken their undoubtedly destructive talents to Parramatta...anywhere but here.

We are also lucky to have Burgess because if Toovey got his wish it would have been Bryce ****ing Gibbs

I never thought it could come to this but i'm done with the club and the Penn's . I've lost all respect for Bozo , lets not forget how his last coaching stint turned out . Then he waltzes back in like some conquering hero telling everyone how to suck eggs .

Trent Barrett , WTF has he done to deserve to coach this great club ?

I never thought it could come to this but i'm done with the club and the Penn's . I've lost all respect for Bozo , lets not forget how his last coaching stint turned out . Then he waltzes back in like some conquering hero telling everyone how to suck eggs .

Trent Barrett , WTF has he done to deserve to coach this great club ?
He never waltzed in mate. Against his better judgement and love for the joint, he was approached by Penns. Have you seen him quoted on anything that has gone on lately???
Stop drawing such a long bow and get off his case,he is just as passionate as Tooves, has brought far more success and is our greatest ex player, captain and coach.
Also his last coaching stint was severely impacted by the super league truce. Manly had sfa money left and his wife got cancer. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. It's baseless, incorrect comments like yours that will do our club no good moving forward. Please show a little more support when things get tough.

This club, despite the supporters and a select group of players, deserves to sink. A truly disfunctional backroom has brought this on itself.

I have zero faith in a playing group with members who consider they are bigger than the club. I have zero faith in a board who demand loyalty from me in the form of a paid membership however are loyal only to themselves and their petty agendas.

It is time for me to step away from the club I'm afraid. I can't bring myself to ride the ups and downs when the club itself seems intent on ripping itself apart.

**** this pack of ****s. They can burn Brookie to the ground but I won't be letting it get to me anymore.

Best news all year he has been told on numerous occasions and he has denied it to the media.
Bye bye midget
Why all the vitriol towards Toovey? It's one thing to agree with moving Tooves on, but another to attack him the way you have in a number of threads.

I love Tooves and his attitude towards the club and the fans, but I have no issue the club moving him on, but their disrespect towards him has (in my view) been poor.

This club, despite the supporters and a select group of players, deserves to sink. A truly disfunctional backroom has brought this on itself.

I have zero faith in a playing group with members who consider they are bigger than the club. I have zero faith in a board who demand loyalty from me in the form of a paid membership however are loyal only to themselves and their petty agendas.

It is time for me to step away from the club I'm afraid. I can't bring myself to ride the ups and downs when the club itself seems intent on ripping itself apart.

**** this pack of ****s. They can burn Brookie to the ground but I won't be letting it get to me anymore.
Well,, if off-field disharmony or dishonesty is a reason for clubs to "sink', using your words, then let's also say goodbye to Doesn'tmatter, the Faders, the Titans, Tigers, Rabbits, Worriers, Dragoons, Dogs, Storm, Easts, Knights, Sharks, Boncos... leaving the Cowboys and the 'Riff, who I think are still cleanskins.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7