Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
skipper's desire for an immediate move to the Titans was blocked by Sea Eagles management yesterday.

they really are pushing the point of him being unhappy

I reckon they are full of it!!
The quotes that I have read from Jamie indicate that it was a total surprise to him and he had no intention of going anywhere.

Oh and to quote "it has been blown totally out of proportion

Wow, now there's a surprise. :s

telegraph prints rubbish, as usual.... here it is straight from killer.

To all manly fans ,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to set the record straight and reassure all manly fans of my commitment to the manly sea eagles .

You have heard what the journalists and reporters have had to say, I would like to clear a few things up from side.

Titans had approached manly and my manager about me joining them , on Thursday night my manager contacted me with an offer of 4 years starting immediately . He asked me to think about it half an hour as it was such a big offer , actually it was quite ridiculous .
I can tell you right now that I did not need the half hour to think about it.
I was never going to the Gold Coast.

At no stage did I approach titans , meet with anyone from the titans or agree to anything at all with them .

I never ever asked to be released from manly and never did I intend too.

Rumours that I have done this to get more money from manly are way off the mark , I would never put them in that position .

I love this club and I'm proud every time I put on the manly jersey . The last 24 hours have just shown what a tight knit group we are with the support I have received from my team mates .

I trust all manly fans can see through some of the rubbish that has been reported and know I'm 100% committed to this club .

Can't wait for round one and hopefully a few more seasons after that in the maroon and white .

Cheers
Killer

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/I-love-this-club-Killers-letter-to-Manly-fans/67414

Jonesyv2 said:

To all manly fans ,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to set the record straight and reassure all manly fans of my commitment to the manly sea eagles .

You have heard what the journalists and reporters have had to say, I would like to clear a few things up from side.

Titans had approached manly and my manager about me joining them , on Thursday night my manager contacted me with an offer of 4 years starting immediately . He asked me to think about it half an hour as it was such a big offer , actually it was quite ridiculous .

At no stage did I approach titans , meet with anyone from the titans or agree to anything at all with them .

Rumours that I have done this to get more money from manly are way off the mark , I would never put them in that position .

I love this club and I'm proud every time I put on the manly jersey . The last 24 hours have just shown what a tight knit group we are with the support I have received from my team mates .

I trust all manly fans can see through some of the rubbish that has been reported and know I'm 100% committed to this club .

Can't wait for round one and hopefully a few more seasons after that in the maroon and white .

Cheers
Killer

I love you Jamie... In a man way.:D

oh ****e... does that make sense. I think I've dug a hole here.. Doh!!

I'm not gay.. Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Well Jamie its well appreciated that you have posted on this forum and shows your love for the Manly club. Must admit I wondered with the Hopoate issue if a deal was being done for 2014. The conjecture certainly had our juices running hot for a while there. Good to hear that you will definitely be here in 2013...certainly need you. But whatever you choose to do Jamie, you're one of the Manly greats in my eyes and have done much for the Manly club and fans. If you do choose to seek a last contract with another club post 2014, to set you up for the rest of your life, certainly my respect for you will be undiminished. Thanks for the memories.

Jonesyv2 said:

To all manly fans ,

Cheers
Killer

This makes the most sence of everything i have read on this topic.

Jonesyv2 said:

To all manly fans ,

Cheers
Killer

What a ****ing legend...A GOD EVEN!!

LOL. Lot of teeth gnashing and hand wringing went on here over nothing. What a surprise.

Great statement from Killer, the guy is cementing himself as a true manly legend. Love it.

Can someone tweet rothfield and get him to justify how he can print lies and fabrications. What a tool, actual story nothing like what he reported.

Clint said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
skipper's desire for an immediate move to the Titans was blocked by Sea Eagles management yesterday.

The quotes that I have read from Jamie indicate that it was a total surprise to him and he had no intention of going anywhere.

Everyone knows that Jamie asked for a release.

Do you honestly think after not getting a release that he will pubicly say to Manly fans "sorry guys i couldnt get a release so now im stuck at Manly to 2014". Obviously he has no other choice then to say "i am commited to Manly". So now since he didnt get a release he is making it like the Titans management were forcing him to sign a contract.

"Everyone knows"?

Everyone knows what the telegraph wrote and what your amateur of a CEO posted on a fan forum. That doesn't mean what everyone knows is the truth.

There is no way Jamie would write the above letter if he had asked for a release. No way. No one in their right mind would set them selves up for the backlash if the titans could just prove that he did.

A Titans forum member explains the truth and has it right on the money.

Lyon didn't get the release he wanted and now has to play the rest of the season with Manly...of course he is going to deny wanting a release...so he should for the benefit of the Manly season.
Anyone that thinks he would come out and publicly say he was looking for a release has rocks in their head.
There is no use attacking Lyon for wanting to move and there is no use attacking May for trying to get him.
Sounds like there are different opinions within the Manly club and they might go through some difficult times ahead.

I think the titans need to spend more time worrying about their difficulties rather than wasting time suggesting manly has difficulties.

joeboy said:
There is no way Jamie would write the above letter if he had asked for a release. No way. No one in their right mind would set them selves up for the backlash if the titans could just prove that he did.

Ofcourse Jamie has to write the above letter. He's your bloody club captain for christs sake. It would go into overdrive abt speculation that he is not commited to Manly and other crap. And May has been going into the media and telling everyone that it was mutual and Jamie did ask for a release. Stop bloody talking crap about our CEO. He is trying to get in touch with the fans and really is doing a bloody good job of it. And abt apparently revealing 'sensitive information about player signing' on public forums all he told us was that they are after a star centre. I dont know if that seems like 'sensitive info to you' but it was already in the media. He doesnt go around revealing players salaries and telling us exact figures and numbers.

Jonesyv2 said:
I think the titans need to spend more time worrying about their difficulties rather than wasting time suggesting manly has difficulties.

And your not? Your the ones talking crap about our CEO and our club. Im not doing that to you guys.

Titans Fan said:
Clint said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Do you honestly think after not getting a release that he will pubicly say to Manly fans "sorry guys i couldnt get a release so now im stuck at Manly to 2014". Obviously he has no other choice then to say "i am commited to Manly". So now since he didnt get a release he is making it like the Titans management were forcing him to sign a contract.

twist whatever way you like but the Titans came out and wanted Jamie to break his contract simple as that

Excuse me, but I'd rather believe an honest, heartfelt and passionate address to the fans from the player himself than cryptic posts from a CEO who concocted a shonky offer with a player agent to a already contracted player. That hard to grasp is it titans fan?

Jamie and manly have come out of this clean, whereas the titans and the "reporting" of the issue have serious questions to be asked of them.

..."I trust all Manly fans can see through some of the rubbish that has been reported and know I'm 100% committed to this club...."

- I kind of wish more of us did rather than the knee jerk panic that went on yesterday.

And by us I mean most of you guys as I never wavered nor panicked.

And it's "sense." :p

But to the titan fan, I am going to believe what Jamie has put in writing and not some desperate attempt but someone who is not Jamie saying "Oh what did you expect him to say?"

- The truth, and that's what we got.

Now run along before the titans change their name again.

Titans Fan said:
A Titans forum member explains the truth and has it right on the money.

Lyon didn't get the release he wanted and now has to play the rest of the season with Manly...of course he is going to deny wanting a release...so he should for the benefit of the Manly season.
Anyone that thinks he would come out and publicly say he was looking for a release has rocks in their head.
There is no use attacking Lyon for wanting to move and there is no use attacking May for trying to get him.
Sounds like there are different opinions within the Manly club and they might go through some difficult times ahead.

You're full of **** and an embarrassment on this forum, just like your CEO and your pathetic club. The CEO is an amatuer and a fool. Off you go back into your little fantasy world.

Titans Fan said:
Clint said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

If he asked for a release he wouldn't write a statement like that. He would be distancing himself from the issue in fear of being proven wrong. With this he has laid all the cards on the table which shows he has nothing to hide.

Your CEO is the one who needs to be asked why this went on. I'm sure Lyon would have considered 2014 and onward considering what was on offer but it looks like Mr David May ****ed up completely. If Dave Perry is a 'P plate CEO' then yours wouldn't be competent riding a tricycle!

Titans Fan said:

Bit of an ill considered generalisation Titan. Such a statement makes it difficult to give your claim much credence. But then I guess little has changed.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8