Jaxson "Pollock" Paulo - Blank Canvas Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Once upon a time Manly used to sign the likes of Dom Young

Now we sign the player he is replacing

Sad that we are now at that level
You have a long memory.
I don't find it sad at all, good strategy to bring in young players with talent and the right attitude, and improve them.
Yes the Chooks always buy ready-made stars, how is that working out for them this year?

The 2008 team had Robertson, Bell and Wolfman in the backline that were purchased from other clubs.
They weren’t superstars when they were brought over…
Bell was pretty well regarded, and played Origin in his first year with us. I thought it was a pretty big deal when we signed him. Agree that Robbo and Wolfman were hardly big signings when they came across though.

I appreciate what the club is doing but why are we trumpeting depth signings.
Quality depth signings is something we haven't had in good while. The Koula extension is excellent news, he will be top quality once he grows into his body and gains more experience. I'm 50/50,on Brooks, could turn out to be a masterstroke or an absolute shambles. If Schuster stays and is happy to return to the back row where he played his best football under Des, then I would call this piece of business an upgrade, moving awa from Parker, Harper and Vaega is long overdue. If we lose Schuster and both Fainus then I think Tartak has won by KO in the first round Tszyu style.

I appreciate what the club is doing but why are we trumpeting depth signings.
I think we saw last week v the Storm why we need to increase our depth in the backs.
Our right winger was hopelessly out of his depth v Coates when it mattered.

Bell was pretty well regarded, and played Origin in his first year with us. I thought it was a pretty big deal when we signed him. Agree that Robbo and Wolfman were hardly big signings when they came across though.
Yeah you’re right but that’s why I used the term “superstar” which Bell wasn’t.
But he was a solid and classy centre before coming here.

@lsz can we please merge the Jaxson Paulo threads if possible.
Looks like the ever efficent GE beat me to it

Can I ask we come up with a better thread title? He is on a 3 year deal which means he has lenty of time to go through the ST story arc (straight into the first grade line up with expectations of a hatrick every game, one bad game then discarded to only come back and perform like the average to better winger he was signed as)

The 2008 team had Robertson, Bell and Wolfman in the backline that were purchased from other clubs.
They weren’t superstars when they were brought over…
I think Bell was a star at the Storm? Unfortunately, when he came over to Manly, he developed that 'crab' move and slowly became predicable and ineffective.

You have a long memory.
I don't find it sad at all, good strategy to bring in young players with talent and the right attitude, and improve them.
Yes the Chooks always buy ready-made stars, how is that working out for them this year?
Paulo is rubbish. Can't catch, weak as piss running the ball back, not athletic or fast.

Saab and Garrick to stay on the wings with Koula and Talau in the centres. A lot of hate for Tommy but he has shown more promise from what I have seen that Paulo, Talau has been hampered by injuries.

Paulo is rubbish. Can't catch, weak as piss running the ball back, not athletic or fast.

Saab and Garrick to stay on the wings with Koula and Talau in the centres. A lot of hate for Tommy but he has shown more promise from what I have seen that Paulo, Talau has been hampered by injuries.
Respectfully disagree. Paulo is not slow - Paulo runs the field
He racks up big metres as an outside back and has a good strike rate for scoring tries.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8