• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

is it a mistake to keep Lewis?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I need to see a bit more of Brown, especially in the maroon and white before I cast judgement but geez it would have helped our chances of making the finals if Panthers beat the Dragons.

Brown is a very good footballer and he will prove to be a very good signing. I have it on good authority (but out of respect for the person, I cannot say how) that this guy only cost us 200k. A 28 year old utility's asking price is apparently not that much.

I'm not a fan of him

I think he's a peanut with a Blake Austin level of bad haircutness

I don't like him and i don't like his 9th getting with the second biggest junior base coach

I'd rather they'd both go to parra where i think they belong

Then again i don't like Hiku whose transformed in the last couple weeks into a player worthy of the international status he has aquired

Three years is a bloody long time when you have the attention span of a gnat.. I hope he will be better than what I think he will be.

Sea Eagles recruit Lewis Brown declares he is ready to make his club debut against the Bulldogs

87cb93d55ab29f4a6d2ad80d5517a8c4

Manly Sea Eagles recruit Lewis Brown during a team training session at Narrabeen. Picture: Troy Snook

OFF-season recruit Lewis Brown has delivered the Sea Eagles a big boost ahead of the club’s NRL season opener against the Bulldogs.

“I’m ready to go for Friday night,” the Kiwi international declared on Monday.

It means Brown faces a baptism of fire in his Manly debut against the big, bruising Canterbury pack at Brookvale Oval.

“Obviously it wasn’t a great return from the Christmas break having minor knee surgery,” Brown said.

THE SEA EAGLES RECRUIT ON A MISSION TO DO HIS FAMILY PROUD

“A credit to the medical staff, they have really worked hard with me.

v1

“I’ve only had two weeks of full training and it’s a bit tough sitting over there in thy gym for six weeks before that being on the bike.

“It’s been good to finally get out and run and mingle with the boys.”

Despite his disrupted preparation, Brown is up to the challenge.

d11bce686b84698ab5a976a220b6a9f6

Daly Cherry-Evans and Lewis Brown during team training at Narrabeen on Monday. Picture: Troy Snook
“Missing all the trials there is a bit of nerves, I haven’t played a game of foot since the Kiwi tour (to Britain),” he said.

“I can back myself to prepare well, I’ve played a few seasons now so I am going to leave no stone unturned and get ready for Friday night.

“Coming to a new club I’m really excited about pulling on the jersey.

“It’s a club full of history and a club that I have always envied and been jealous of.

“The last 10 or 15 years they’ve been a huge impact on the NRL and something that they have here is very strong and I’m looking forward to being part of it.”

Exciting outside back Tom Trbojevic trained yesterday after suffering an ankle injury in the trial against Ipswich but fullback Brett Stewart, who injured his hamstring, did not run with the rest of the squad.

Meanwhile prop Nate Myles said while pressure was being put on the new-look side, the players don’t expect it to happen overnight.

“Our focus is the big dance at the end of the year,” he said.

“We want to be consistent and build to the right to right time of the year – which is grand final time.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/6fd98fd54e2874ae565c59f50186cd0c

He hasn't had the most support atm but I think Brown could become a bit of a fan favourite
Quality player who is consistent and leaves everything on the field

who is consistent

That's what I see about him too Disco. Another hard working toiler, that can play 80 minutes if required, and slot into a number of positions. Huge acquisition.

He's making all the right noises I just hope he's improved his ball control. The times I watched him last year he had hands like feet.

When he plays tough and leaves the passing in his kit bag, he is a very good footballer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8