Lottoland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Read this morning that the NSW government are looking to ban Lottoland in NSW so this would obviously put the sponsorship at risk. The negative being another sponsorship falls over however the positive being we don't have to hear Brookie Oval referred to as Lottoland anymore.

They operate out of NT, so people will still be able to gamble if they want to :happy:

The Government will need to prove to some Court that Lottoland is somehow different from the myriad of gambling available to NSW Residents.

Another money maker for lawyers :confused:

I still don't understand how the Government hasn't banned tobacco.
There are clear numbers on it's burden on the medical budget :cool:

Just a matter of time before they are shut out, state by state. Already can't operate in SA. QLD will be next.

Hopefully the club signed a deal meaning they can still get the sponsor money, cause its not their fault Lottoland may be banned.

Mabye we can change the sponsorship on our jersey to a green barcode like ferrari did with Marlboro.

Simple mate - excise revenue.

Banning a product doesnt stop people using it. It just sends it underground and in the hands of black marketeers to make profit and establish a further mafia like structure, as well as corruption among the rich and public officials. The strategy being used is reducing smoking dramatically. But do you want tobacco, which is easy to grow, to become the next marijuana, heroin, cocaine. More people probably use marijuana than smoke cigarettes these days. Prohibition never works. Take it from someone who worked in the criminal justice system for over three decades.

Banning a product doesnt stop people using it. It just sends it underground and in the hands of black marketeers to make profit and establish a further mafia like structure, as well as corruption among the rich and public officials. The strategy being used is reducing smoking dramatically. But do you want tobacco, which is easy to grow, to become the next marijuana, heroin, cocaine. More people probably use marijuana than smoke cigarettes these days. Prohibition never works. Take it from someone who worked in the criminal justice system for over three decades.

I know right, we banned semi and fully automatic guns but the yanks did not and the results are exactly the same..........

They operate out of NT, so people will still be able to gamble if they want to :happy:

The Government will need to prove to some Court that Lottoland is somehow different from the myriad of gambling available to NSW Residents.

Another money maker for lawyers :confused:

I still don't understand how the Government hasn't banned tobacco.
There are clear numbers on it's burden on the medical budget :cool:

Easy answer to that one. Tobacco is Oz is a $14bn dollar per year industry and the government recoups $10bn in taxes... My old work colleague now works for Imperial Tobacco after selling his soul to the devil...

Lottoland is Internet based, so how does banning the advertising in NSW stop it operating :think:

Politicians jump on the newcomer, meanwhile we have saturation Sports and Racing gambling ads :cool:
Agree but the problem for us is that they may ban any form of advertising or endorsement in NSW. Not sure if it would stand up in court in terms of restriction of trade etc but I guess it would be enough to kill our sponsorship with them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8