Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for sure, WE WILL BE LINKED TO THIS. Even if it's just to say that we were previously investigated.

It's not going to be the Manly vs Penrith match. If you are going to fix a match you are not going to make it look so obvious. Manly led 24-4 in that game. Match fixing rumours were already out prior to that game and the Sea Eagles were already implicated. They may be stupid but not stupid enough to be fixing matches whilst under investigation

Manly vs Parra from this year at Brookvale and a bet of $18kon the game

Seriously, what the hell is going on. Plenty more smoke again. Apparently placed on Parra to give away a 4.5 start. After hearing about this you always think back and I remember a player going over for a try they would score 9 out of 10 times and knocking it on.

CpEAm06VIAAsFzr.jpg

So here is a list of players involved in all three of the investigated games:

Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon, Kieran Foran, Jake Trbojevic and Josh Starling.

On Facebook, it's us for sure and will be blown open on 7 news tonight, I'll believe it when I see players suspended or rubbed out.

Until then it's social media clap trap!!

The match in question involves a bet of 18k with winnings of 42k paid out on the result. That means 24k was made on the match. Considering the amount of players it would require to fix a match 24k in winnings is nothing when taking into account the players would need to be paid for throwing a game. Say three players were involved that would mean the punter made 6k and paid the players 6k each. Does anyone really believe a highly paid athlete would risk their career, contract and freedom for the paltry sum of 6k. I call bullsh1t on this one.

The match in question involves a bet of 18k with winnings of 42k paid out on the result. That means 24k was made on the match. Considering the amount of players it would require to fix a match 24k in winnings is nothing when taking into account the players would need to be paid for throwing a game. Say three players were involved that would mean the punter made 6k and paid the players 6k each. Does anyone really believe a highly paid athlete would risk their career, contract and freedom for the paltry sum of 6k. I call bullsh1t on this one.
That assumes the gamblers don't have some sort of dirt on the players. I, of course, know nothing but love a good salacious scandal - preferably involving another club or players that dudded Tooves.

Wolfie blew his over idiotic $5 bets so....

Details are sparse at this stage, but in June the Daily Telegraph in Sydney reported that “a man walked in to Breakers Country Club at Terrigal and fed 10 $100 notes and 340 $50 notes into the pub tab, where no cameras are trained on the machine.”

At the time it was reported the man did this avoid detection of the bet, and that he was an associate of at least one player playing in the Manly vs Parramatta match in question.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/08/05/fresh-allegations-third-nrl-game-comes-match-fixing-cloud/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10