Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
third rugby league match is being scrutinised by police and the NRL integrity unit after the emergence of an extraordinary betting trail linking organised crime figures, associates of chronic gambler Eddie Hayson and football playing brothers Kieran and Liam Foran.

Some of the winnings from a successful plunge on the match in question, in which Kieran Foran played, ended up in the TAB accounts of the Foran brothers.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-over-nrl-betting-plunge-20160805-gqlwkx.html

EXCLUSIVE
  • AUGUST 5 2016 - 2:58PM
  • SAVE
Eddie Hayson, Kieran and Liam Foran, under scrutiny over NRL betting plunge

• Kate McClymont, Nick McKenzie
A third rugby league match is being scrutinised by police and the NRL integrity unit after the emergence of an extraordinary betting trail linking organised crime figures, associates of chronic gambler Eddie Hayson and football playing brothers Kieran and Liam Foran.

Some of the winnings from a successful plunge on the match in question, in which Kieran Foran played, ended up in the TAB accounts of the Foran brothers

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-over-nrl-betting-plunge-20160805-gqlwkx.html

EXCLUSIVE
  • AUGUST 5 2016 - 2:58PM
  • SAVE
Eddie Hayson, Kieran and Liam Foran, under scrutiny over NRL betting plunge

• Kate McClymont, Nick McKenzie
A third rugby league match is being scrutinised by police and the NRL integrity unit after the emergence of an extraordinary betting trail linking organised crime figures, associates of chronic gambler Eddie Hayson and football playing brothers Kieran and Liam Foran.

Some of the winnings from a successful plunge on the match in question, in which Kieran Foran played, ended up in the TAB accounts of the Foran brothers
Like I said in my previous post, this could only make sense if the gambler got the captain of one of the sides on board. Whereby the captain promises to do everything in his power ie electing to take a shot at goal as opposed to taking a quick tap in order to enhance the probability of covering the four point spread.

two of the tries came from kicks. One was a play that was a sequence that you would call extremely effin lucky at best, two kicks, a fumble, and a lucky bounce (1:33:50). The next try was a grubber through that Snake fumbled on his own line and they scored (1:40:30). The last was a cut out ball that missed it's target hit the ground and bounced up into Semis' arms on the fly and he runs around Killer to score (1:45:30). How you manufacture those outcomes is beyond me, unless you have a remote controlled Steeden. Full match video here

This is more to do with shady characters putting on dodgy bets then anything to do with match fixing.
Leary's chip kick always looked dodgy to me

It would seem Foran is finished if this arvo's SMH article is true.

Why a highly paid NRL player with the world at his feet would get involved with these shady characters is beyond me.

We all know what these guys use to tempt them, but to risk your career is insane.

This whole saga is just so sad.
If he is bi-polar then it could come down to him simply running manic and getting off on associating with dangerous people. Unfortunately those effected by this horrible illness are often riddled by risk taking behaviour. Will be very sad if this turns out to be the case, can't help but feel sorry for the bloke to some degree.

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Sea Eagles statement:
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/content/seaeagles/club/news/2016/08/05/sea_eagles_statement.html

"The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (MWSE) has received and considered the report prepared by independent integrity advisor Ray Murrihy.

Mr Murrihy was appointed by the Club in June to undertake a comprehensive review of the Club’s integrity framework and the final review has been delivered today.

In summarising the review, Mr Murrihy found no evidence of failure for MWSE to comply with NRL or MWSE policies and procedures."

Won't be on the Chan 7 news in QLD so can someone watch and post any new information on here ( I doubt much more will come out than has already been leaked on Twitter today anyway).

Won't be on the Chan 7 news in QLD so can someone watch and post any new information on here ( I doubt much more will come out than has already been leaked on Twitter today anyway).
It will be... If there's one thing Queenslanderrrrrrrps love it's the Broncos and bashing Manly..

Seriously, what the hell is going on. Plenty more smoke again. Apparently placed on Parra to give away a 4.5 start. After hearing about this you always think back and I remember a player going over for a try they would score 9 out of 10 times and knocking it on.

There are a couple of moments in the highlights video where that player looks like he's trying to appear as though he's trying to score/stop a try, but then makes a hash of it in a way that we know he'd never do if he were really trying.

I reckon someone should investigate the match against Penrith this year I was there at it was friggin pathetic or should I say unbelievable!

It's lead news on TEN, so you should get something up there too.

I'm not sure if the smh report can be televised without more proof.
@Sandra_Sully

Police are investigating new #NRL match-fixing claims from game between the @SeaEagles & the @TheParraEels #TenNews https://t.co/IM72076MrN

It's completely 'disgusting' to quote Fiz in the Buzz Interview :swear:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10