Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
The side is actually looking reasonably balanced (Even if Turbo is a scratching and Kaeo slots in at fullback).

A fully fit Cooper Johns is a better option than an underdone Schuster at the moment.

Whilst Tuipulotu's form had been debatable to start the season, with Saab and CT we'll have some good carrys coming out of our own end. I think it is probably the best 2-5 we've had in the past month as well.

Lawton is a massive in for the bench. His utility value can't be underestimated. Whilst I am a fan of Kaeo, at this point in time Karl is a better option at 14.

Bullemor coming off the bench also offers far more impact as he gets the opportunity to play through the middle.

Keppie can probably thank himself lucky (his defensive lapse against Koroisau isn't a once off), but the decision to drop Woods needed to be made and thankfully was.

Titans are poor defensively, so we will score points. We need to have the defensive resolve we've shown at all our matches at 4 Pines and if we do, I'm confident that we'll win.
Fair points !!!

The side is actually looking reasonably balanced (Even if Turbo is a scratching and Kaeo slots in at fullback).

A fully fit Cooper Johns is a better option than an underdone Schuster at the moment.

Whilst Tuipulotu's form had been debatable to start the season, with Saab and CT we'll have some good carrys coming out of our own end. I think it is probably the best 2-5 we've had in the past month as well.

Lawton is a massive in for the bench. His utility value can't be underestimated. Whilst I am a fan of Kaeo, at this point in time Karl is a better option at 14.

Bullemor coming off the bench also offers far more impact as he gets the opportunity to play through the middle.

Keppie can probably thank himself lucky (his defensive lapse against Koroisau isn't a once off), but the decision to drop Woods needed to be made and thankfully was.

Titans are poor defensively, so we will score points. We need to have the defensive resolve we've shown at all our matches at 4 Pines and if we do, I'm confident that we'll win.
Vital we don't conceed too many points to the Titans in 1st half. They are a diabolical 2nd half side and they have the worst defence in the league. Up and in their faces defence is the key like we did to the drizzle. Choked them.

Vital we don't conceed too many points to the Titans in 1st half. They are a diabolical 2nd half side and they have the worst defence in the league. Up and in their faces defence is the key like we did to the drizzle. Choked them.
Yep , first half , keeping really really simple , just bash them up the middle and contain their hooker.

Second half , they’ll fold , and we should score plenty of points.

I can empathise with your passionate disappointment feathered friend

But set backs happen as they are part of life

The Shu is not wheelchair bound . The Shu s bound to fulfil his enormous potential and is bound for Greatness
watch-this-space-neon-sign--1440x986.jpg
let’s hope so

Glad we’ll be back at Brookie but our injury situation‘s a real concern.

After watching the Tits play today, it will depend what side turns up, they were awesome in the first half and rubbish in the second, bit concerned they’ll be stinging after todays loss and be very hard to beat.

What worries me is the same but in our team , which one turns up ??
last weekend crap weekend before great so fingers crossed we get the good team turn up

Has the club indicated just what is happening with Schuster? He was a passenger last week. If not someone needs to fess up about what the problem is. This all looks rather strange...and strange worries me.
My guess is, when it comes to the stars in the team (or at least the popular ones with the fans), the club seems to be reluctant to come out and inform us of any long term injuries. It could be over concern on how it effects ticket sales for matches??? But, I'm only guessing.

Has the club indicated just what is happening with Schuster? He was a passenger last week. If not someone needs to fess up about what the problem is. This all looks rather strange...and strange worries me.
Yes refer injury update sent this morning in this thread and also club website

I said some time back that I didn't think the physical injuries were the problem ... I have no inside info ... or knowledge other than a gut feel from observing ... I hope I'm wrong but he may be dealing with some headspace issues ..

I said some time back that I didn't think the physical injuries were the problem ... I have no inside info ... or knowledge other than a gut feel from observing ... I hope I'm wrong but he may be dealing with some headspace issues ..
Yeah the DCE interview today saying he hopes Schu goes away and gets himself "right" is a worry too. Something more going on here than just an injury.

Tino, Liu and Fotuaika are going great for the Titans but with Jake, Tent and Aloiai we can definitely match them in the middle. Our best chance to dominate this game will be when the bench middles come on. Bully, Sips and Keppie have the ability to destroy Clark, Mini Haas and Vuna. If it's a wet dour affair the 10-15 min either side of half time will be crucial for us to take advantage of.

He looked injured last week. Maybe you're right but I suspect a serious injury they are trying to down play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8