Manly vs Dragons MNF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
half time.
need to find a way to pick up the speed of the play the balls. refs are happy to let the game flow at the pace controlled well by the dragons defense.

Would have been nice to have hoppa and Trex this week. I think they would make a difference. But we have played hard and well so far. We can still win this:)

Ralphie said:
The signs of a form slump have been there for a couple of weeks. This is exactly what I feared might happen considering our form last weekend.

We have very little attack and we seem to be getting outmuscled (again) in the forwards. I fear our for & against is about to take a beating. We are ahead in every stat in the first half and we are still getting a footy lesson.

To all those fools carrying on about minor premierships and GF's, every single one of you now looks just like a souffs supporter in march each year.

We have a very good footy side that will finish top 4, but we will need to improve a hell of a lot if we want to win this comp.

You have a great sense of humour.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Des will settle the team at the break. We have dominated in many respects, if we keep our cool we'll win.

You're a dead set optimist. We will lose by 20+ and it will be the wake up call we desperately need. We were ordinary against Parra and got away with it. We won't get away with it against St George.

Disappointing I know, but I think we will learn a lot from this a be a better team for it.

We do have a good team but whether it's a grand final winning team is yet to be established in it's current form. We do have very little in attack tonight, lots of possession but side to side and not breaking through their line

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Matai wll go for a few weeks

he hit him in the point of the shoulder @ worst they could appeal it and run with the defense of show me where he makes contact with the head.

Ralphie said:
The signs of a form slump have been there for a couple of weeks. This is exactly what I feared might happen considering our form last weekend.

We have very little attack and we seem to be getting outmuscled (again) in the forwards. I fear our for & against is about to take a beating. We are ahead in every stat in the first half and we are still getting a footy lesson.

To all those fools carrying on about minor premierships and GF's, every single one of you now looks just like a souffs supporter in march each year.

We have a very good footy side that will finish top 4, but we will need to improve a hell of a lot if we want to win this comp.

We are not getting out muscled in the forwards. We are getting off our line very easily and they've only got into our area off the back of penalties and a runaway off a dropped ball.

Our usually clinical attack has been well below those standards and thats why we are down in this game.

Ralphie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Des will settle the team at the break. We have dominated in many respects, if we keep our cool we'll win.

You're a dead set optimist. We will lose by 20+ and it will be the wake up call we desperately need. We were ordinary against Parra and got away with it. We won't get away with it against St George.

Disappointing I know, but I think we will learn a lot from this a be a better team for it.
Maybe we will lose by 20+ tonight, but no need to get upset, looks like the Dragons were far ready for this game with 9 prep. We will learn from this an improve.

Our problem has always been our attack--- too biased to one side while also only offering worthwhile improvements on the same side---sticking to what we do best and improving it more so. Ballin has to do more than stand and deliver around the ruck---he has to engage the markers, split the markers and offer penetration around the markers which he is not renouned for.
Its easy to say work through the middle with inside plays but you need spark around the ruck also to engage and split the markers. I do like how we are using the edges to make yardage its one way to avoid the efficient strong defence the dragons have up the middle.

We have to hope the weight of possession and fatigue factor kicks in for the Dragons otherwise we are going to get frustrated even more so. I see this game as a learning curve just like the loss against Melbourne in 08 at Brookie--we will see our deficiencies in attack and "hopefully" finally rectify them.

Masked Eagle said:
Ralphie said:

We are not getting out muscled in the forwards. We are getting off our line very easily and they've only got into our area off the back of penalties and a runaway off a dropped ball.

Our usually clinical attack has been well below those standards and thats why we are down in this game.

Our forwards were dominated in the Parra game and it's happening again tonight. Perhaps you are watching a different game to me, maybe the replay of when our forwards dominated them last season.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10