Nathan Brown gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I can't see why Illawarra would swap a relatively successful coach in McGregor for a proven failure in Brown.
Yes, with Illawarra's roster its 2019 season has been a disaster. I think it was derailed by the de Belin situation and with losing its best player, Widdop, for most of the season. Also, Corey Norman is a destabilising influence on the clubs he'd been at, so I'm tipping he's up to his old tricks at Illawarra.

Looks like the NRL will have to buy a few more topliners for the Knights.
The last bunch have not delivered, and everybody knows Newcastle is a bastion for RL.

Most people I speak to tell me what a great roster Brown has to work with. Honestly, when I look at their list I don’t get all the hype. Just who are their genuine top-liners? The list strikes me as quite ordinary.

At the end of the day ........

It is all about getting your players up and rising to the occasion

If you cant rise your team to be premiership contenders and make them great then you have sealed your fate

Adversity will strike along the way . Thats life

The incompetent will react with excuses and fail and the proficient will respond with solutions and prevail .

View attachment 12269

Not everyone can win the coaching lottery, a la Trent Robinson...

Most people I speak to tell me what a great roster Brown has to work with. Honestly, when I look at their list I don’t get all the hype. Just who are their genuine top-liners? The list strikes me as quite ordinary.
They have a few solid players
Pearce
Ponga
Glasby
Barnett
Klemmer
Fitzgibbon
Edrick Lee
But the rest are pretty average...
Skd
Watson
Guerra
Mann
Are below average

Klemmer could be so much more he never offloads... ever! They have a poor 9 and 6 and thats there main problem. Brown bought watson and mann 2 utilities both butt average and hes played them unsuccessfully in multiple positions all year. Ramien having no genuine 6 feeding him good ball like us with walker was a failed outing. Hed kill it with us or any team with a good half feeding him quality ball.

They have a few solid players
Pearce
Ponga
Glasby
Barnett
Klemmer
Fitzgibbon
Edrick Lee
But the rest are pretty average...
Skd
Watson
Guerra
Mann
Are below average

Klemmer could be so much more he never offloads... ever! They have a poor 9 and 6 and thats there main problem. Brown bought watson and mann 2 utilities both butt average and hes played them unsuccessfully in multiple positions all year. Ramien having no genuine 6 feeding him good ball like us with walker was a failed outing. Hed kill it with us or any team with a good half feeding him quality ball.

Apart from Klemmer and Ponga, solid pretty much sums it up...

I like Brown, he is a good bloke and I think he has done a very good job building from the rubble that Bennett left there

The story seems to be that he found out that they were hunting around behind his back so he got on the phone last night and said see ya later if you won’t back me

Agree, I think Browny would be a very effective assistant coach somewhere. Maybe under MacGregor?

At the beginning of the season everyone was saying that “the Knights have a backline the envy of the league”. I thought wtf? Player for player our backline & forwards pi$$ on theirs! There’s not one Knights player would make it into our team apart from Klemmer & possibly Ponga as far as I’m concerned!!!!!!! Now the talk is the Knights have cash to splash & are in the market for players. Another club, along with the Eels, with an endless salary cap!

I think Fitzgibbon may make a good coach. He always struck me as a hard working and pretty understated character. Someone without a huge ego and willing to learn.

At the beginning of this year most Manly fans would have swapped the Knights backs for ours in a flash. Many fans never wanted to see Parker, Suli or George wearing maroon and white again and Garrick was an unknown and untrusted stranger. As they are right now Ponga is probably the only player worth considering - but not at 1.5 a year.

No doubt the NRL will prop up the Knights to ensure they are a success again, so watch this space for more huge signings!!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10