Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully the second coming of Nathan Brown:

1698271695089.png

Maybe so, but don't think he's played a lot of games over the last 2 seasons, this might refresh him a bit.
Joining the Roosters this year didn't refresh him much so I can't see how he'll be any better at Manly. However, in this case beggars can't be choosers and if there's not much available at an affordable price, we'll have to take the risk and see what happens. It just worries me that Brown's ill-disciplined...gives away penalties and prone to sin-bins/suspensions.

Joining the Roosters this year didn't refresh him much so I can't see how he'll be any better at Manly. However, in this case beggars can't be choosers and if there's not much available at an affordable price, we'll have to take the risk and see what happens. It just worries me that Brown's ill-disciplined...gives away penalties and prone to sin-bins/suspensions.
Agree, not a lot of quality out there to latch onto for next season. I really think Seib's and co are saving our coin for 1 maybe 2 standout take no prisoners type forwards in 2025. Brown could really surprise a lot of people tho, he'll have a lot to prove and wont be holding back, just got to hope he channels the aggression in the right direction.

I am starting to wonder if we have discovered a problem with our salary cap management, given our eagerness to acquire value buys and let players walk away. The one thing I am certain of is that the choices I see in the last few weeks do not make us stronger for next year. Reckon we finish about 10th again.

I am starting to wonder if we have discovered a problem with our salary cap management, given our eagerness to acquire value buys and let players walk away. The one thing I am certain of is that the choices I see in the last few weeks do not make us stronger for next year. Reckon we finish about 10th again.
The Panthers have shown the ideal scenario where they have a procession of 1st grade ready juniors to slot in when they lose players. We don't have that luxury.

We need a bit of luck with several juniors coming through at the same time and over preforming their value. Guac was one of those over performers but sadly he was the only one, now we are paying market value for him and need to find 2 or 3 more.

12th at best. Likely 13th - 15th.

Our recruitment / retention has been arsehole.

And we have absolutely no one to blame but ourselves.

Both Brown / Schuster need to be pre-season training already (they both need to lose 15-20 k/g's.) I'd add Lodge to that, because he's been steadily slowing and getting fatter as well, but he's broken (much like Tom Trbojevic, Taniela Paseka, Lachlan Croker and Josh Aloiai right now.) - who KNOWS when any of them will return (and more importantly, return to match fitness).

I'd honestly like to ask wtf has happened to our club? Our quality and standards? It just seems mid is the new norm.

Top to bottom, I'm not a fan of our current residents working for our club.

12th at best. Likely 13th - 15th.

Our recruitment / retention has been arsehole.

And we have absolutely no one to blame but ourselves.

Both Brown / Schuster need to be pre-season training already (they both need to lose 15-20 k/g's.) I'd add Lodge to that, because he's been steadily slowing and getting fatter as well, but he's broken (much like Tom Trbojevic, Taniela Paseka, Lachlan Croker and Josh Aloiai right now.) - who KNOWS when any of them will return (and more importantly, return to match fitness).

I'd honestly like to ask wtf has happened to our club? Our quality and standards? It just seems mid is the new norm.

Top to bottom, I'm not a fan of our current residents working for our club.
Ryan … you are getting all worked up on a Saturday morning! It’s just a game ! Relax ! You don’t want to be feeling like this for the next 4 months ! ….

Ryan … you are getting all worked up on a Saturday morning! It’s just a game ! Relax ! You don’t want to be feeling like this for the next 4 months ! ….
Well I buried my Aunt (who raised me) yesterday, and carried her coffin, so no, I'm not in the best headspace.

So sick of farking everything !

Just remember though, to you it's just a game, to others it can be a whole lot more. On my behalf, my expectations and standards for our club have dropped and reduced so much, 12th - 15th is path of the course now. So while I'm frustrated and annoyed with our ridiculous staffing / players, winning 40 odd percent of our games just is nowadays.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8