• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The eels are meant to have a full cap and still have the issue of Hoppa hanging over them.
Can't see them doing anything dodgy as the NRL is watching them closely.
I hope they start on -4.

lol - poor eels fans. Always talking about being one piece away. Surely you'd think the decades of losing would have made them wiser but no - still so deluded...
images-9.jpeg

I'm not as harsh as your assessment but I haven't seen hiku go through a gap like walker does.

Maybe not as often, but then again Hiku hadn't played behind a monster forward pack making metres with the defence retreating. Not to mention a hooker that took advantage of the ruck creating space and gaps for outside backs to run through.

I can see where everyone says Hiku isn't as fast as Walker, no disagreement from me. But Hiku has good awareness and a good footballing brain which makes up for his lack of speed.

Even though i have some reservations if Hiku can fufil his potential, he deserves a proper chance to fulfil it. As for Walker, he may have speed but he seems to have deep personal issues.. Interesting times ahead that's for sure

@BOZO How many players over 30 do we have in our back line? Your fine with the club cutting Ballin loose for Api because he 31. I can accept your logic. But now your fine with forcing out a 23 year old international just returned from playing for his country again. He can play every position in the back line and you think that's a good move.? You have lost me with your logic here. I wish the real Bozo would man up and make a tough call on one of the ready to retire squad. And stop pissing off our best young kids.
Your 23 year old Hero Hiku is down the pecking order behind Lyon Matai Taufua Snake and Turbo . The real Bozo is no clown he is an immortal and he made this decision and I along with many others that bagged the crap about Hiku on this forum would agree as well .
Hiku is no Sensational Snake He is no Tough Taufua He is No Macho Matai He is no Inspirational captain Lyon and he is definitely no Tom Turbo speed merchant as he is one of the slowest backs around .

Maybe not as often, but then again Hiku hadn't played behind a monster forward pack making metres with the defence retreating. Not to mention a hooker that took advantage of the ruck creating space and gaps for outside backs to run through.

I can see where everyone says Hiku isn't as fast as Walker, no disagreement from me. But Hiku has good awareness and a good footballing brain which makes up for his lack of speed.

Even though i have some reservations if Hiku can fufil his potential, he deserves a proper chance to fulfil it. As for Walker, he may have speed but he seems to have deep personal issues.. Interesting times ahead that's for sure

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a crappy footballer and would be happy to keep him. Interesting indeed

A bit like Dylan Walkers ability to use medication properly lol.
I think your nephew is ridiculously underrated around here and I hope he goes on to have a stellar career.
And I think the way he's been treated with a signed contract and being shopped around in such a public way is pretty much a disgrace. Hope he has lots of love around him.

Hes a fullback in a slow centres body :) but being behind snake and now turbo hes in trouble ,he seemed unmotivated and beefed up last year and not being the fastest back around already the extra weight wasnt gonna help ,a good player but seems to have lagged behind recently ,so i think its the right move for us and him ,i wish him well !

Turbo- lag .... Car guys will get it :rofl:

Hiku is well and truly NRL material, and isn't out of place in the NZ side. Fullback looks his best position and he's done especially well there for us. It looks like Barrett simply has a plan that is looking for different attributes to fit the team balance and strategy. This could also be the best path forward for Hiku's career.

The big issue to worry about is that if Hiku goes to another team....we lose @Jax24 as a forum poster!

Oh sure, he'll say he'll stick around, but you know...as time goes on and his new friends make him feel more and more awkward....his memories of all the good times with us will disappear like shadows in the noon day sun.

adieu mon ami, adieu!
Don't worry @globaleagle!!! Whether Peta is shipped off or not I won't be going anywhere. The toughest part for me will be where he may end up and inadvertently wishing him success there. If it was with the Worriers it wouldn't be so hard. However watching him run around for the Grubbitohs, Dragqueens, Gold Coke or the Squeels would be difficult.

I'd hope he can finally settle into one position and where he is best suited which is probably Fullback or Centre. Obviously his versatility can be a gift and a curse sometimes. Wherever he goes I just hope they utilize him properly.

Though I personally would love him to remain at Manly, I can see how it could be mutually beneficial to both parties for him to relocate elsewhere. Obviously Trent and the new coaching staff may have a preference towards Walker which is understandable. Also if the main reason for moving Peta is to not only obtain Walker but also free cap room for another International quality player then it makes sense for the club. Also of all the players the club is trying to move, Peta has the most value being a current NZ international. Sometimes to get something good you have to give up something good.

In regards to Peta, he will always play behind Snake for the fullback spot and Killer and Skivi for the Centre spots for Manly. Of course these guys are getting on and nearing the end of their careers but for now they are here for 1 or 2 more years at least. Peta can get a chance to play his best suited positions elsewhere and immediately on a consistent basis while still offering versatility when injuries arise. He can be more than just a Mr Fix-it and could be a long term Fullback or Centre for another team.

I think the only thing that disappoints me in this whole saga is the fact that Peta took less to stay at the club and turned down a bigger offer to return back home to the Warriors last year. He makes a commitment to the club and they possibly do this to him just like they did to Ballin. I understand the change in regime has probably played a part in this though.

At the end of the day I personally will always be a Manly supporter first and foremost. If they believe in the long run this move will possibly improve our team and give us a better shot at another premiership then so be it.

No matter where Peta ends up if he leaves, I will hope he continues to do well and keeps improving. He is only 22 so has plenty of time to keep developing into an even better footballer. This could end up being the best move for his career in the end, you never know.

When I look back he has really achieved alot already in his short career so far. He has played 61 first grade games for Manly and scored 28 tries and was the teams top tryscorer in 2014 with 17. He also set the record for most metres run in a game for Manly with 297 in the Finals in 2013. He has also played 9 tests for NZ, winning the Four Nations last year and proved he can perform at the highest level of the game. He has also been a very durable player so far, missing minimal time due to injuries.

So proud of what he's accomplished. Also especially how he has conducted himself off the field. He hasn't been invoved in any incidents that can bring disrepute to his own name or the teams. No domestic disputes, no fighting outside clubs, no defecating in hotel hallways, no mishaps with medication lol.

In all seriousness though if this was his last year with Manly then there has been more positives than negatives to come out of his time in maroon and white!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7