• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't worry @globaleagle!!! Whether Peta is shipped off or not I won't be going anywhere. The toughest part for me will be where he may end up and inadvertently wishing him success there. If it was with the Worriers it wouldn't be so hard. However watching him run around for the Grubbitohs, Dragqueens, Gold Coke or the Squeels would be difficult.

I'd hope he can finally settle into one position and where he is best suited which is probably Fullback or Centre. Obviously his versatility can be a gift and a curse sometimes. Wherever he goes I just hope they utilize him properly.

Though I personally would love him to remain at Manly, I can see how it could be mutually beneficial to both parties for him to relocate elsewhere. Obviously Trent and the new coaching staff may have a preference towards Walker which is understandable. Also if the main reason for moving Peta is to not only obtain Walker but also free cap room for another International quality player then it makes sense for the club. Also of all the players the club is trying to move, Peta has the most value being a current NZ international. Sometimes to get something good you have to give up something good.

In regards to Peta, he will always play behind Snake for the fullback spot and Killer and Skivi for the Centre spots for Manly. Of course these guys are getting on and nearing the end of their careers but for now they are here for 1 or 2 more years at least. Peta can get a chance to play his best suited positions elsewhere and immediately on a consistent basis while still offering versatility when injuries arise. He can be more than just a Mr Fix-it and could be a long term Fullback or Centre for another team.

I think the only thing that disappoints me in this whole saga is the fact that Peta took less to stay at the club and turned down a bigger offer to return back home to the Warriors last year. He makes a commitment to the club and they possibly do this to him just like did to Ballin. I understand the change in regime has probably played a part in this though.

At the end of the day I personally will always be a Manly supporter first and foremost. If they believe in the long run this move will possibly improve our team and give us a better shot at another premiership then so be it.

No matter where Peta ends up if he leaves, I will hope he continues to do well and keeps improving. He is only 22 so has plenty of time to keep developing into an even better footballer. This could end up being the best move for his career in the end, you never know.

When I look back he has really achieved alot already in his short career so far. He has played 61 first grade games for Manly and scored 28 tries and was the teams top tryscorer in 2014 with 17. He also set the record for most metres run in a game for Manly with 297 in the Finals in 2013. He has also played 9 tests for NZ, winning the Four Nations last year and proved he can perform at the highest level of the game. He has also been a very durable player so far, missing minimal time due to injuries.

So proud of what he's accomplished. Also especially how he has conducted himself off the field. He hasn't been invoved in any incidents that can bring disrepute to his own name or the teams. No domestic disputes, no fighting outside clubs, no defecating in hotel hallways, no mishaps with medication lol.

In all seriousness though if this was his last year with Manly then there has been more positives than negatives to come out of his time in maroon and white!!!
That's one he'll of a post Jax! I'm so proud for you being so Proud of young Peta.

He has played 61 first grade games for Manly and scored 28 tries and was the teams top tryscorer in 2014 with 17. He also set the record for most metres run in a game for Manly with 297 in the Finals in 2013. He has also played 9 tests for NZ, winning the Four Nations last year and proved he can perform at the highest level of the game. He has also been a very durable player so far, missing minimal time due to injuries...
... He hasn't been invoved in any incidents that can bring disrepute to his own name or the teams. No domestic disputes, no fighting outside clubs, no defecating in hotel hallways, no mishaps with medication lol.
Can we sign this guy?

That's one he'll of a post Jax! I'm so proud for you being so Proud of young Peta.
Yes it was quite a large one lol. Sorry for writing an essay everyone haha. Well writing it did kill a bit of my night at work so that was a bonus.

But yeah thanks mate. Im proud of what Peta has done here at Manly regardless if he stays or goes. To tell the honest truth, my expectaions for Peta's NRL career have been well and truly exceeded already.

I really only thought he would be a utility back who might be lucky to play a few games in 1st grade if injuries struck. Didn't think he would play 61 games so far. I also didn't expect him to be selected for the Kiwi's so quickly if at all either.

So in the end I can't be too mad if Peta is let go by Manly. They have given him an opportunity to make a name for himself and a platform to gain experience in the NRL. He has been able to learn so much which will serve him well if he moves on to another team. Still holding out some hope he still stays though.

Peta should be proud of his achievements thus far in his short career.
I wouldn't take notice of the boneheads who give him a hard time. I recall certain posters on this forum death riding Steve Matai for years after his debut. Same can be said for Jamie Lyon, Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Cherry Evans etc.

The fact that there are numerous clubs looking to sign him speaks a lot.

Don't worry @globaleagle!!! Whether Peta is shipped off or not I won't be going anywhere. The toughest part for me will be where he may end up and inadvertently wishing him success there. If it was with the Worriers it wouldn't be so hard. However watching him run around for the Grubbitohs, Dragqueens, Gold Coke or the Squeels would be difficult.

I'd hope he can finally settle into one position and where he is best suited which is probably Fullback or Centre. Obviously his versatility can be a gift and a curse sometimes. Wherever he goes I just hope they utilize him properly.

Though I personally would love him to remain at Manly, I can see how it could be mutually beneficial to both parties for him to relocate elsewhere. Obviously Trent and the new coaching staff may have a preference towards Walker which is understandable. Also if the main reason for moving Peta is to not only obtain Walker but also free cap room for another International quality player then it makes sense for the club. Also of all the players the club is trying to move, Peta has the most value being a current NZ international. Sometimes to get something good you have to give up something good.

In regards to Peta, he will always play behind Snake for the fullback spot and Killer and Skivi for the Centre spots for Manly. Of course these guys are getting on and nearing the end of their careers but for now they are here for 1 or 2 more years at least. Peta can get a chance to play his best suited positions elsewhere and immediately on a consistent basis while still offering versatility when injuries arise. He can be more than just a Mr Fix-it and could be a long term Fullback or Centre for another team.

I think the only thing that disappoints me in this whole saga is the fact that Peta took less to stay at the club and turned down a bigger offer to return back home to the Warriors last year. He makes a commitment to the club and they possibly do this to him just like they did to Ballin. I understand the change in regime has probably played a part in this though.

At the end of the day I personally will always be a Manly supporter first and foremost. If they believe in the long run this move will possibly improve our team and give us a better shot at another premiership then so be it.

No matter where Peta ends up if he leaves, I will hope he continues to do well and keeps improving. He is only 22 so has plenty of time to keep developing into an even better footballer. This could end up being the best move for his career in the end, you never know.

When I look back he has really achieved alot already in his short career so far. He has played 61 first grade games for Manly and scored 28 tries and was the teams top tryscorer in 2014 with 17. He also set the record for most metres run in a game for Manly with 297 in the Finals in 2013. He has also played 9 tests for NZ, winning the Four Nations last year and proved he can perform at the highest level of the game. He has also been a very durable player so far, missing minimal time due to injuries.

So proud of what he's accomplished. Also especially how he has conducted himself off the field. He hasn't been invoved in any incidents that can bring disrepute to his own name or the teams. No domestic disputes, no fighting outside clubs, no defecating in hotel hallways, no mishaps with medication lol.

In all seriousness though if this was his last year with Manly then there has been more positives than negatives to come out of his time in maroon and white!!!

Jax......Probably one of the best, most sincere and intelligent posts I have read. Great work and very sensible amongst some who look through different glasses. Some comment on players here they have never even seen promising this and that.
PETA has distinguished himself as a player and gentleman in the maroon and white. Remembering his age too. Well done.

Yes ,but all decisions are theirs now & They don't have any enemies impeding them no more.
The question is: can they survive without enemies to feed them?
Or will more need to be manufactured?
Are pies enough?
Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of .....

Yes ,but all decisions are theirs now & They don't have any enemies impeding them no more.

Sorry to split hairs but it was the same when the resigned Matty B, Gutho and now Peta. Yes bozo was not involved but you can not blame the ownership structure for those decisions

Gee I hope we don't go backwards by getting rid of Hiku. He can cover so many places in our backline and overall not flash but dependable and has a lot of skill and if he we a speedier back I'm sure he would be retained.

Walker may or may not be a good 5/8th but he's got speed and can always be shifted to the centres with Lyon our 5/8th.

Sorry to split hairs but it was the same when the resigned Matty B, Gutho and now Peta. Yes bozo was not involved but you can not blame the ownership structure for those decisions
The difference being Kelly trying to handle things & then being pushed aside when Bozo took over .(Kelly's vision Vs Bozo vision)
I do realize Penn's owned the club during both periods.What I'm saying is it is like two different clubs altogether ,Pre Bozo & After Bozo.

Do not in any way underestimate the" Zorba" influence in all of this, and I mean ALL.

I had lunch yesterday with some old MWTS friends , who were in a Dee Why cafe just after 2V was shafted.

In came, the two Stewart brothers, then ZtH, and the conversation was fairly low key (my friends were siting at the next table and could hear everything), prior to the Stewart's leaving ZtH said to Snake" , now are we all good with this because there's going to be some pain coming.

5 minutes later in walks Barrett, first thing said was " Snakes on board".

Then ZtH and Barrett proceeded to discuss every single player and wether they were to be shafted or not, including Ballin whom ZtH described as a " potential trouble maker ".

I could not doubt the credibility of the people who gave me this information, they didn't bring the topic up ( I did), both have been members for many years , the wife has been attending Brooky for 44 years and has sat in the same seats all that time.

They said they were totally shocked to see this conversation taking the place openly in a cafe, and just days after the sacking of the the current coach.

I'm sure Bozo, perhaps not our @BOZO has been a part of the recruitment process but I can assure you ZtH has been at the very heart of the sackings.

In another interesting part of the conversation, ZtH then appraised the office and football department staff , each name was quoted ( Barrett had a list) with ZtH stating " trouble maker or worth keeping" , so if this is believed to be true looks like our favourite whipping boy really is running the club after all.

Do not in any way underestimate the" Zorba" influence in all of this, and I mean ALL.

I had lunch yesterday with some old MWTS friends , who were in a Dee Why cafe just after 2V was shafted.

In came, the two Stewart brothers, then ZtH, and the conversation was fairly low key (my friends were siting at the next table and could hear everything), prior to the Stewart's leaving ZtH said to Snake" , now are we all good with this because there's going to be some pain coming.

Then ZtH and Barrett proceeded to discuss every single player and wether they were to be shafted or not, including Ballin whom ZtH described as a " potential trouble maker ".

I could not doubt the credibility of the people who gave me this information, they didn't bring the topic up ( I did), both have been members for many years , the wife has been attending Brooky for 44 years and has sat in the same seats all that time.

They said they were totally shocked to see this conversation taking the place openly in a cafe, and just days after the sacking of the the current coach.

I'm sure Bozo, perhaps not our @BOZO has been a part of the recruitment process but I can assure you ZtH has been at the very heart of the sackings.

In another interesting part of the conversation, ZtH then appraised the office and football department staff , each name was quoted ( Barrett had a list) with ZtH stating " trouble maker or worth keeping" , so if this is believed to be true looks like our favourite whipping boy really is running the club after all.
I'd say if this was fresh off the Tooves sacking then "trouble maker" was another way of saying Toovey aligned, which Ballin definitely was.

Anyway, juicy nugget but I think we've all moved on since the ugly, early days of the Barrett era (so like 5, 6 weeks ago ;))

Thats the type of juicy gossip i like to see on a fans forum!!

Great post Mark and thanks for the info. Sadly, I have no trouble believing any of it.
Barrett had better know he's in bed with the devil - do one thing to upset him and he'll quickly move from the "worth keeping " column to the "trouble maker" column then out the door.
PS you might want to edit your friend's length of membership to something a little more vague - you don't want him tracking her down and sitting on her!

As you say Mark, why would anybody conduct such clandestine talks in such a public place?
Because it isn't clandestine, it's simple minded belief that there was a war (albeit contrived to gain 100% ownership ) and the mob from the Gong won it. @:cool:

That's why I think the 70th Anniversary hysteria is hysterical. Spending money on commemorating what you publicly state as irrelevant - irrational! :confused:

Think of the Fans, ZtH - we will still be here when the next Manly Franchise is formed :rock:

anyway, at one stage our team for next year looked like being

Snake
Taufua
Lyon
Matai
Hiku
Ashley Taylor
Kane Elgey

Myles
Ballin
Jake T
Buhrer
Symonds
Lui

Sene-Lefao
Starling
Lawrence
Mateo

and now it looks like being

Snake
Taufua
Lyon
Matai
Tom T
Walker
DCE

Myles
Koroisau
Jake T
Buhrer
Brown
Taupau

Lawrence
Lussick
Mateo
Parcell

so whoever is behind all this is doing a pretty damn good job!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6