Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 16
Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as JWH is playing. He against Lodge will be worth the price of admission (can I still use that saying, considering there’ll only be Mr Giggity there and a Souths fan).
Anyway, I hope Lodge doesn’t take the bait that JWH will no doubt throw at him.
But at the same time, I want Lodge to bash the shiit out of Jared (I know, very hard to have all that in this day and age). But enough to wipe Jareds shiit eating "they only fine me!" grin off his face.
Here’s hoping.:punch:
Butcher out as well ....things are really starting to even up now.

Do you think we might do something 'creative with our winger problem......?
Hear me out - but if we think our winger options are bare/busted, then surely we need to prioritise defeinsive stability and reliability vs. anything creative or attacking?

COULD we push Parker out from centre to wing (particularly for kicks and late in sets) and have Ben T play centre inside him? Therefore not needing to bring in Vaega?

Or is there another back row or centre option that we could drop in?

Or heaven forbid we could run a fullback/wing rotation with Garrick and....?
I think Garrick is getting better each week in fullback role so I wouldn't be moving him , they have Manu and Suali , leave Parker on Manu and Vega on the wing , Vega will do the hard yards at the back and he can score a try , just have to try and cover the attacking kicks coming his way

Ray on the wing
No Keppie
Bench looks a bit light on with Burbo, Matterson, Woods and Bully

Extended bench looks interesting with Harper and Weekes in there, could there be a late switch in the backs?

Ray on the wing
No Keppie

TBH I would be happier with Koula moved to the wing and Harper playing centre (or Garrick to the wing and Koula to fullback). Ray Vaega brings a lot of enthusiasm to his game, but not a lot of talent IMO. Yes he's strong and can score from close range, but he's slow for a winger. He is also suspect under the high ball and his hands in general are also suspect. That and the fact that he can occasionally come up with a big hit in defence, but otherwise is defensively inept makes him Jorge Taufua Mk.II really.

But one thing I will never question is Ray's enthusiasm or commitment. In that sense he's the backline Jake Trbojevic. He'll give 100% out there. I don't think he has the talent to be a first choice NRL winger, but he will give it his best every time he's called in to play. I wish we could bottle that and feed it to some other players.....

The ENEMY .....
1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Billy Smith 4. Joseph Manu 5. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 6. Luke Keary 7. Sandon Smith 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Siua Wong 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley 14. Drew Hutchison 15. Nathan Brown 16. Terrell May 17. Fletcher Baker 18. Corey Allan 19. Elie El Zakhem 20. Jake Turpin 21. Fetalaiga Pauga 22. Dylan Napa

This is Lodges Big change to make a Big Contact and a Big Contract statement
Bring this fellow down and the Rosters will be going down with him
1690870835474.png

Ray on the wing
No Keppie

Extended bench looks interesting with Harper and Weekes in there, could there be a late switch in the backs?
Yeah, the bench is a worry. There could be a switch but I reckon that's the team. Jake and Crokes are going to be racking up the tackle numbers this game, that's for sure. If Collins gets them going forward all night, Smith and Teddy thru the middle is going to be big trouble.

And poor old Ray is going to feel like a resident of Dresden by the end of the night coz those bombs will be relentless. Sualii could be in for a big night.

The ENEMY .....
1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Billy Smith 4. Joseph Manu 5. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 6. Luke Keary 7. Sandon Smith 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Siua Wong 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley 14. Drew Hutchison 15. Nathan Brown 16. Terrell May 17. Fletcher Baker 18. Corey Allan 19. Elie El Zakhem 20. Jake Turpin 21. Fetalaiga Pauga 22. Dylan Napa

This is Lodges Big change to make a Big Contact and a Big Contract statement
Bring this fellow down and the Rosters will be going down with him
View attachment 24535
I think everyone getting excited about this Lodge JWH battle is overlooking the fact that Collins is the bigger danger (IMHO). If Lodge uses up all his energy on some BS battle with him, Collins will run riot.

As you might say Bozo, we need some perspective here.

I think everyone getting excited about this Lodge JWH battle is overlooking the fact that Collins is the bigger danger (IMHO). If Lodge uses up all his energy on some BS battle with him, Collins will run riot.

As you might say Bozo, we need some perspective here.
I agree Collins is not to be underestimated . He is a proven Dominant forward

I see JWH as their top Dog as far as Intimidation goes

JWH must be put down

1690871818102.png

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
oh god this could get ugly! Their number 1 is trying to convince everyone he is not a has been, the cheese has gone mouldy and Collins is still on a SOO high

TBH I would be happier with Koula moved to the wing and Harper playing centre (or Garrick to the wing and Koula to fullback). Ray Vaega brings a lot of enthusiasm to his game, but not a lot of talent IMO. Yes he's strong and can score from close range, but he's slow for a winger. He is also suspect under the high ball and his hands in general are also suspect. That and the fact that he can occasionally come up with a big hit in defence, but otherwise is defensively inept makes him Jorge Taufua Mk.II really.

But one thing I will never question is Ray's enthusiasm or commitment. In that sense he's the backline Jake Trbojevic. He'll give 100% out there. I don't think he has the talent to be a first choice NRL winger, but he will give it his best every time he's called in to play. I wish we could bottle that and feed it to some other players.....
Just need to support/cover a bit for Ray Ray when the bombs come raining in.

10 years after the 2013 grand final debacle and Roosters winger flying high above a Manly winger that is flightless. Tupou over Wolfman 2013. Tupou over Vaega 2023. Brilliant.

Yeah, the bench is a worry. There could be a switch but I reckon that's the team. Jake and Crokes are going to be racking up the tackle numbers this game, that's for sure. If Collins gets them going forward all night, Smith and Teddy thru the middle is going to be big trouble.

And poor old Ray is going to feel like a resident of Dresden by the end of the night coz those bombs will be relentless. Sualii could be in for a big night.
Crawley the bastard just had to write that piece calling Sualii the most over-hyped player of his generation. And that Union are kidding themselves if they think he’s the messiah the’ve been looking for. I don’t disagree with any of it. But the mongrel could have waited till Friday to drop it. We don’t need Sualii or Manu waking from their slumber to have a crack on Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8