Rothfield you are a tool

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Try dissecting Rothfield's article into news versus opinion. The first and third paragraphs could vaguely pass for relatively objective news (albeit old news), the second and fourth are unambiguously highly subjective and disputable opinion.

Here's the news portion:

When Titans boss David May phoned his Manly Sea Eagles counterpart David Perry to inquire about the champion centre's availability, he was left with the impression that the door was open.

The Titans offered $3 million over four years and they thought they had their man.

Here's the unsubstantiated opinion piece:

Instead Perry should have issued a firm "hands-off" warning to his rival from up north.

Poor Jamie Lyon was left to defend himself from suggestions he was walking out on his mates.

Notice the dumbed-down subjective opinions presented as if they were fact? Welcome to News Ltd reporting.

Well have[/i] a read of what he has posted in his blog (bog) today on line

"Why are so many Manly fans narks. If it’s not Wendy Harmer, it’s someone else. I had information on Friday that the Titans had offered Jamie Lyon $3 million and wanted him straight away. This only happened because Dave Perry didn’t shut it down in the first place. The Titans were led to believe they were a “90 percent chance” of getting him. End of story. Lyon says he’s staying. I don’t have to justify anything."

I was waiting to see if theyd publish my comments with the article but theres been nothing. I'm guessing poor Phil got quite a barrage from our fans. My comment was based at his "sources" of information and that he should have spoke to Killer himself...but let me guess, the Manly players probably want nothing to do with him.

Frogz said:

"Why are so many Manly fans narks. If it’s not Wendy Harmer, it’s someone else. I had information on Friday that the Titans had offered Jamie Lyon $3 million and wanted him straight away. This only happened because Dave Perry didn’t shut it down in the first place. The Titans were led to believe they were a “90 percent chance” of getting him. End of story. Lyon says he’s staying. I don’t have to justify anything."
I'm 98% sure Rothfield would'nt know his arse from his elbow.

Chip and Chase said:
Journalism these days is rehashing twitter feeds, facebook messages and forum posts. There is no skill or art to it anymore. It's so transient and temporary, no permanent record just very fluid webpages that bend with the story and evolve the truth as the facts change. Very little editorial intervention and almost zero accountability.

It's embarrassing that they even call themselves journalists, they are just trolls who mine cyberspace for opinion and pass it off as reporting. It's not about fact anymore, it's about speed and expediency, they are more concerned with getting a story out there rather than getting the RIGHT story out there. Cut and paste rules.

This is EXACTLY the way it is....ALL about the story and how fast it can get out....and as long as they use the word "alleged" in the story they are covered.

For example "It's alleged that Chip and Chase is at the centre of the recent betting scandal in the Indian IPL".....is total BS....BUT...as long as the A word goes in journalistically it's kosher.

I HATE Newspaper Journo's with a passion, the low of the low...and only a tad above Today Tonight or a Current Affair journo's which are the absolute pits.

But look at us...WE are the ones talking about it and creating a bushfire from what was a campfire!!

Frogz said:

That quote amply displays Rothfield's intelligence (lack thereof). He is simply irrelevant to an intelligent, rational discussion. People who read his opinions, and take them seriously, get what they deserve.

Rex said:
Frogz said:

Back to the old "Blame Dave Perry for everything"

It's really shining through now that he's just trying to distabilise the current set up....I'm sure he wants "Zorba for General Manager and chief decision maker" and that's what this is mostly about.

Frogz said:

What a load of toss that is

He was the one who printed Lyon approached Manly for a release from this years contract which is false, so plenty to justify Fillip

Moondog said:
Frogz said:

I'm 98% sure Rothfield would'nt know his arse from his elbow.

All he does is sit around all day on his elbows.

EagleRock40 said:
I was waiting to see if theyd publish my comments with the article but theres been nothing. I'm guessing poor Phil got quite a barrage from our fans. My comment was based at his "sources" of information and that he should have spoke to Killer himself...but let me guess, the Manly players probably want nothing to do with him.

I'm in the same boat. He is definitely a person of weak character. He clearly fails to handle criticism, even when it is definitely deserved.

EagleRock40 said:
My comment was based at his "sources" of information and that he should have spoke to Killer himself...but let me guess, the Manly players probably want nothing to do with him.

If Rothfled can make up all this rubbish without even discussing it directly with the parties involved imagine the distortions he would conjur up if he did actually get some information from someone with direct knowledge.

Noone in their right mind should give Rothfled the chance to deliberately misinterpret them.

Did he even say once on Friday that the offer was 3 million? Thought that only came from SMH. What a mong.
Even so Toolface, 90% still leaves 10% to say no. And how did he come up with the magical 90%, why not 87%, 91%? Titans screwed up big time. Their CEO used to be in marketing didnt he? Such an embarrassment.
But never mind, back to Perry, the P plate CEO who can't shut down an inquiry...pffft.

"In all my years covering rugby league - and I’ve been at it since 1978 - I’ve never known a club to be as poorly run as this manly administration"
- Phillip Rothfield

Surprised he is throwing his mate Zorba under the bus like that.

globaleagle said:

I thought he spent most of his time on his knees, praying for bad things to happen to Manly.

MWSE said:
"In all my years covering rugby league - and I’ve been at it since 1978 - I’ve never known a club to be as poorly run as this manly administration"
- Phillip Rothfield

I see that was in response to this:

Mate I do not blame you for the whole Lyon saga. I actually blame David Perry, me personally as a member and a fan am sick of the Sea Eagles board.

They have driven us into the dirt. They can consider me as a lost member & fan and can find me at the SFS supporting another team this year.

I just bought the Roosters Flexi pass membership for 2013.

ManlyMatt of Manly (Reply)
Mon 21 Jan 13 (03:17pm)

My question.
Is "ManlyMatt of Manly":
A. Zorba
B. Titans Fan
C. Rambo Fan
D. Rothfield himself
E. An actual Manly fan (haha, as if!)

MadMarcus said:
globaleagle said:

I thought he spent most of his time on his knees, praying for bad things to happen to Manly.

MWSE said:
- Phillip Rothfield

Mate I do not blame you for the whole Lyon saga. I actually blame David Perry, me personally as a member and a fan am sick of the Sea Eagles board.

They have driven us into the dirt. They can consider me as a lost member & fan and can find me at the SFS supporting another team this year.

My question.
Is "ManlyMatt of Manly":
A. Zorba
B. Titans Fan
C. Rambo Fan
D. Rothfield himself

We don't need or want supporters like that anyway.
On ya bike ManlyMatt.

I'm with you MM - I'm thinking that ManlyMatt is a bit like Lance Armstrongs books - fiction

MadMarcus said:
globaleagle said:

MWSE said:
- Phillip Rothfield

My question.
Is "ManlyMatt of Manly":
A. Zorba
B. Titans Fan
C. Rambo Fan
D. Rothfield himself

My bet is that its, (please get a drink out of my fridge) ZORBA

or its (have you cleaned my room yet mum) RITCHIE.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4