[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Two points on this and all the discussion on Slater;

1. He has an extremely successful suite of business, property and equine interests along with a fairly good NECo contract affording him time to focus on his coaching commitments for the QRL.

2. Surely you jest in relation to the cheque book and our current owner; "Sean the Yank" wouldn't throw the cheque book in the event that some one grabs hold of it and spends some of the Penn money.

He is spending a majority of the Penn "football" money on many a soiree in New York to woo people who have zero interest in the game but feed his ego.
Point one means he probably has a love for the dollar and enjoys a challenge and let’s face it, it would be a challenge.

Point two, I originally wrote but thats unlikely to happen given our owner, which I deleted but 100% acknowledge.

I also understand Slater would most likely decline in any case, hence the mention of an open cheque book to get the deal done and yes I also understand there’s almost zero chance our owner would go with the open cheque book theory to rebuild our club, so looks like we will be stuck struggling for some time until the ego looses its appeal.

Last edited:
I am no Des loyalist but given the ****storm owner handed him with jersey drama and not a CEO in sight seems harsh. While the stain of Scott Penn is here the club will continue to have drama after drama.
Penn was very involved in the Dce backflip which is around the clubs neck like a noose. While uncle Nick similar wealth to Penn he runs it like it should be.
Des loyalty to hard trainers and what you could say plodders has worn thin with both the fans and management.
His results are somewhat similar to Barrett under the posy Dce lifetime deal. This is complex he needs to become less stubborn on player selections Kaeo Weekes perfect example and Scott needs to invest properly or **** off

I would throw up if he became part of our system - I understand the apparent lure based on one origin series. However given the fact so many have rung the death knell for our team nest year...maybe look within? I don't know, but the facts show Manly win premierships with Manly people
Brother I respect your view but it’s more than one origin series for mine.
He comes out of the Melbourne system.
Has achieved everything in the game.
Is as close to as you can get to as a current player.
Has an awesome aura.
Has the ability to attract quality to our club, both players and support staff.
Has access to the current Qld Origin squad and personnel.
Yes his origin foray was excellent, his team selection, game plans and player management, motivation and respect from the playing group was outstanding.
There would be a stack more I could add but I’m sure you get the picture.
And Finally this Manly must be run by Manly people, while being successful in the past is certainly not a must have moving forward and may even be a little restrictive moving forward, time to be a little more professional, enough said I think. I get that Slater with his history during the Melbourne, Manly era would be hard to stomach, but from a results driven professional approach could be exactly what we need. I for one would welcome it.

If Des goes, what chance DCE captain/coach? :eek:

Training
running-in-circles-running-around.gif

Just expanding with thoughts on the list of available Coaches by MOD to replace Des from a post above....

Anthony Seibold (Manly DNA) -

assistant coach doesn't really give him manly DNA unless Toovey played hide the saussage game and left some in there. I won't rule him out completely but only a 5% chance.

Walker Brothers (Manly DNA) -

yes one played for us. These guys would be my choice for assistant rolls.

Geoff Toovey (Manly DNA) -

will never happen and as much as I love the guy I'm not sure he's a top coach in his own right.

Cooper Cronk (likely as an assistant though) -

how to even answer this? Cronk gives away his multi million dollar fox job and brown paper bag pension at rooters to take an assistant roll on what? 150k at best? Yeah nah won't happen.

Kristian Woolf I already suggested previously (but Bennett snapped him up) -

he's gone so moot point

Shane Flanagan (knows the modern game) -

and how to systematically dope ( allegedly ) his entire team. Seems blackballed from RL community.

John Morris really got the sharks firing (or another smokey like Hannay with QLD contacts)

- before he was sacked for poor results in a team that is now going really well.

Craig Bellamy (pay him ANYTHING for 2024) - seriously?

Nah you are taking the piss.

Greenturd got Des to break his contract - try the same with Robinson -

yep leave a well run club on big money to come to Manly on less money with dysfunctional owners and a desire to self harm from within.... sound like it could happen....

Again I go back to the age old issue of there is no one better to replace Des who is Available now.
Exactly - there is no replacement coach out there of any quality or in fact a better quality than Des who is available and will come to Manly - the sooner people on here realise that the better for all. People on here need to stop dreaming... focus on reality. Better to try and dream some new players.... because that will be where there will be significant changes.... not the head coach,

Exactly - there is no replacement coach out there of any quality or in fact a better quality than Des who is available and will come to Manly - the sooner people on here realise that the better for all. People on here need to stop dreaming... focus on reality. Better to try and dream some new players.... because that will be where there will be significant changes.... not the head coach,
nope des is done and the sooner he goes the better.

From the SMH
Manly veteran Kieran Foran - who is leaving to join Gold Coast - told the Sydney Morning Herald he wants to see Hasler continue at the club.

"Des is a winner, he really understands the game, but he also understands the Manly way better than anyone," Foran told the Herald.

"There's not another person out there better suited to the club than Dessie."

Well folks... Des is not the problem

I am no Des loyalist but given the ****storm owner handed him with jersey drama and not a CEO in sight seems harsh. While the stain of Scott Penn is here the club will continue to have drama after drama.
Penn was very involved in the Dce backflip which is around the clubs neck like a noose. While uncle Nick similar wealth to Penn he runs it like it should be.
Des loyalty to hard trainers and what you could say plodders has worn thin with both the fans and management.
His results are somewhat similar to Barrett under the posy Dce lifetime deal. This is complex he needs to become less stubborn on player selections Kaeo Weekes perfect example and Scott needs to invest properly or **** off
Agree on all of that except Uncle Nick would toss Penn for his net worth .
Des has been served a **** sandwich this year.. injuries, changing rules that he was slow to adapt to, appalling officiating and then they doubled down with the unforgiveable and totally avoidable pride jersey gate fiasco .
I dont know what the answer is ,I'm sure you can get other assistants and help for Des ,would that work if he hasn't picked them himself ? but I don't know if there is a suitable replacement for the man himself .As much as I hate to say it Penn is the architect of all of this and until he is truly gone we could struggle to recover .The odds of Penn going for someone better and richer are slim
Des needs to be more flexible and bring in new ideas ,systems and thoughts and not be afraid to blood young players ,would the Walker bros fit into that ? And what about defence ? ours has been woeful would a Toovey fit there ?
So many questions, so many scenarios, what is known is there is giant fork in the road coming up for Manly.
Do they kill one of there own (a 2 time Premiership Winner as a coach and player no less )? ,which in a way would be the 2nd time they have done it as Penn effectively did it in 2011, when Des was at the top of his game and he pretty much forced him into the slimy , sleazy slithering embrace of the greatest grub in Rigby League the vengeful and incompetent Greenturd (thank god that **** is gone)
What are the questions ,?What are the answers ?What do we do and What happens ?
Thinking about it brings to mind the below
Good luck and Go Manly..... forever

1662200219929.png

No dreaming needed Des is done just about when could be next week could be round 10 next season but get your head around Des is finished will not get an extension and his yes man are getting punted.
Last good player Cleal signed was Lyon he deserves the boot and Donny should be punted as our players are unfit.
These two slinked back into the club with Des after giving us the middle finger on their way to the dogs.

No tears with those two getting the bullet.

From the SMH
Manly veteran Kieran Foran - who is leaving to join Gold Coast - told the Sydney Morning Herald he wants to see Hasler continue at the club.

"Des is a winner, he really understands the game, but he also understands the Manly way better than anyone," Foran told the Herald.

"There's not another person out there better suited to the club than Dessie."

Well folks... Des is not the problem
They’ve always had each other’s backs, what else would you expect him to say.

No dreaming needed Des is done just about when could be next week could be round 10 next season but get your head around Des is finished will not get an extension and his yes man are getting punted.
Last good player Cleal signed was Lyon he deserves the boot and Donny should be punted as our players are unfit.
These two slinked back into the club with Des after giving us the middle finger on their way to the dogs.

No tears with those two getting the bullet.
So no criticism of Scott Fulton or any of the Fulton’s roles in the current malaise?

He signed well before our season was over in secret talks with Greenburg. That's a handy excuse from him, but he left us with a heap of back ended contracts that the board won't let happen again, then did the same with the dogs and they are only now recovering from that debacle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8