Shaun Lane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
100% should be in our top 30 next yr. Is a gun and a real worker. Kinda like jake
I think he was an Eels junior with huge wraps on him. I saw him play a couple of years ago and have made a point of checking his progress whenever I get a chance to see our reserves. I hoped we were keeping him as a 'project player' while he matured. Not the biggest but he goes and also has some skill. Maybe will graduate to our middle forward rotation next year?

I think he was an Eels junior with huge wraps on him. I saw him play a couple of years ago and have made a point of checking his progress whenever I get a chance to see our reserves. I hoped we were keeping him as a 'project player' while he matured. Not the biggest but he goes and also has some skill. Mae will graduate to our middle forward rotation next year?
Could be great with a reduced interchange. He has also made the nsw cup team of the week 4 times out of the past 6 weeks (Blacktown only played 5 times)

2019....Parra have Tim Mannah, Junior Paulo, Kane Evans, Daniel Alvaro, Shaun Lane, Ma'u Manu, Tepai Moeroa, Nathan Brown, Beau Scott (?), Brad Takairangi, Tony Williams. And Taupau if the rumors are true and become a reality.
Off contract 2018....David Gower, Siosaia Vave, Peni Terepo & Suaia Matagi

Why would Manly do a straight swap between a front row and a 5/8 when we're losing 'big men' by the day. No Lussick, no Lane, Lloyd could be going. Manly need to swap Martin (if it has to come to that) with another forward. Suaia Matagi and Peni Terepo would be best out of the 'off contract' bunch....two for one I say.
So you’re suggesting taking two reject forwards from the team coming last?

It’s cerraibly a well worn path for Manly players to go to Parra to kill their career (Gutho excluded).

We should call him Shaun the sheep.

Last edited:
Interesting titbit :wait:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...-aren-t-out-to-take-down-20180620-p4zmld.html

Another option for Manly that has not been raised is terminating Nate Myles' contract - he is already being paid out - and creating an extra spot on their roster.

Barrett said after Saturday night's loss to St George Illawarra he would try every Monday to convince the NRL to register Fainu's deal.
Thanks for posting this informative article. If Jake T speaks I listen.

It seems that Lane is mates with Jacko Hastings. He, Jetski, and Lussick 'like' just about every social media post from The Exile Within. I wonder if the playing group really is divided and the club has decided to cut out the whole of Team Hastings?
Who /What is the exile within?

So you’re suggesting taking two reject forwards from the team coming last?
I actually like a few of the Parra forwards. Brown is a gun who just goes 100% all the time, Alvaro has always impressed me with his work ethic and that Terepo could be anything once he learns to hold onto the pill. Many had them in their top 4 because of the quality and depth of their pack. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of the gooduns come across tbh.

I actually like a few of the Parra forwards. Brown is a gun who just goes 100% all the time, Alvaro has always impressed me with his work ethic and that Terepo could be anything once he learns to hold onto the pill. Many had them in their top 4 because of the quality and depth of their pack. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of the gooduns come across tbh.
G'day all,I wouldn't mind seeing Alvaro in our side.To me the bloke shows the thing that seems to be lacking in our blokes,that indefinable quality of grit,something that has nothing to do with ability.
cheers mike

G'day all,I wouldn't mind seeing Alvaro in our side.To me the bloke shows the thing that seems to be lacking in our blokes,that indefinable quality of grit,something that has nothing to do with ability.
cheers mike

Alvaro is a slightly smaller (I think) and certainly less talented, mini clone of Jake. Not a bad start.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8