So, you still want to sack Barrett?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You utterly missed my point, which was that every single opinion expressed on this forum is a valid opinion including yours, which I might add I have never criticised. Argue the point, but all I have seen in recent posts is childish abuse & adolescent point scoring.

No actually I think you have "utterly" missed your own point by the lack of logic demonstrated in your argument. If an opinion expressed on these boards is not supported by concrete facts, or if an argument linking the "facts" to an inferred conclusion (opinion) is logically unsound or otherwise unreasonable, then it is invalid. Your assertion that "every single opinion expressed on this forum" can not be invalid is as untrue as it is illogical.

To @Forty Baskets ,@Wombat Legacy ,@Woodsie ,@Manly_92 and anyone else who have issues with either strone33 or Ralphie's opinions, here are a couple of links at the end of this post that may be of use to you so that you will never have to see any of their comments ever again. It will be just like they don't exist to you.

https://silvertails.net/members/strone33.4077/ignore

https://silvertails.net/members/ralphie.2270/ignore
No thanks Mr Moderator, I prefer to call out dimwitted souls that feel the way to support their team is denigrate it with mindless rants and personal attacks on it's coaches and players. Ignoring these social media toxins, let's them off far too lightly, and I will gladly participate in assisting to "clean the place up" so well intentioned supporters can mix in a respectful way to discuss the team's highs and lows. Last week's game day thread was disgraceful.
Bullying the bullies can evoke such high levels of pleasure.
Ignore button....It's not my go mate! :tmi::tmi::tmi:

You put things so well, legacy , I was thinking along these lines myself. It's almost as if the rational are being asked to step aside for the bullies to continue their rampage and good on you for speaking up. Much better I believe would be for the moderators to insist on rational and thoughtful debate and suggest those who insist on mindlessly abusing the club change their attitude or go away.!
The moderators just appease their buddies on here. It's funny, some can get on here and talk about their dick in every second post, and hey presto, they are suddenly held up as the voice of reason. It is quite refreshing seeing some who have had enough make the effort to speak up. That never pleases the sycophants

I've seen the light Ralphie , I will now admit that my 5 minutes on the forum means that I have no right to counter someones insightful opinion with anything at all . How long do I have to wait before I can make ludicrous and embarrassing statements and get some sort of mafia style protection when a 5 minute wonder appears on the scene? Tell me if I've become a certified sheep with statements like " We are certain of the wooden spoon under this idiotic coach " or " I keep on saying that idiot Fulton needs to get the F...k out the area before we win again " or '' you deluded Barrett lovers need to look at reality , we are stuffed !!!! " Probably not silly enough to make the grade but if I cop any criticism I'm going to cry bully because " Everyone is entitled to my opinion "

Just remember Forty that opinions are like arseholes. Every forum has at least one. Some forums have more than others. You are obviously doing something right on here if "they" are "collectively farting in your general direction" Personally, I think all voices (opinions) should be heard, unless they are so outrageous, unfounded and egregious that it devalues the whole conversation.

No actually I think you have "utterly" missed your own point by the lack of logic demonstrated in your argument. If an opinion expressed on these boards is not supported by concrete facts, or if an argument linking the "facts" to an inferred conclusion (opinion) is logically unsound or otherwise unreasonable, then it is invalid. Your assertion that "every single opinion expressed on this forum" can not be invalid is as untrue as it is illogical.
How can you say an "opinion' is invalid if it is not backed up by fact? Do you actually know the meaning of the word "opinion"? Opinions do not need to be based on facts.

Just remember Forty that opinions are like arseholes. Every forum has at least one. Some forums have more than others. You are obviously doing something right on here if "they" are "collectively farting in your general direction" Personally, I think all voices (opinions) should be heard, unless they are so outrageous, unfounded and egregious that it devalues the whole conversation.
Careful with that catalogue of logical diction, I have a genuine fear you will be misunderstood. Keep it mono syllable mate. Egregious, that's a ripper! can I play with that one some time...not today of course

How can you say an "opinion' is invalid if it is not backed up by fact? Do you actually know the meaning of the word "opinion"? Opinions do not need to be based on facts.
Yes mate you are absolutely right. "Opinions do not need to be based on facts" In that case they are simply opinions eg inferred conclusions, informed responses or even complete rubbish. They are not however always "valid opinions" unless they have been validated or substantiated, and "valid opinions" do need to be based on facts.

“Facts and ideas are dead in themselves and it is the imagination that gives life to them.” -W. I. B. Beveridge”

"We are certain to get the wooden spoon unless that idiot Barrett is sacked now " , call it an opinion or someone telling it " like it is " ,it is clearly open to ridicule whatever it is technically determined to be and that is the main point I believe.
I beg to differ. Having just read through the last few pages of this thread, the main point appears to be that some people want to write pages ridiculing others. (for their opinions)

http://www.philosophersmag.com/index.php/tpm-mag-articles/11-essays/26-the-fact-opinion-distinction

The Fact/Opinion Distinction

Essays
  • 04 March 2015
John Corvino argues that the claim "That's just your opinion" is pernicious and should be consigned to the flames.

When debating ethics and other controversial topics, one frequently hears the claim “That’s just your opinion.” It is a pernicious claim, devoid of clear meaning, and it should be consigned to the flames – or so I shall argue here.

. READ MORE AT WWW.JOHNCORVINO.COM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8