So, you still want to sack Barrett?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Getting back to the topic "So you still want to sack Barrett". I am not sold on Trent Barrett as a long term Sea Eagles coach, BUT he is the current coach of the MWSE in 2017 (Fact). As a supporter of the club I will continue to support him as the current coach of the MWSE (Opinion) Sacking him now will achieve nothing positive for the club at this stage of the season (Opinion) We are 8 rounds into the season (Fact) We are sitting there or thereabouts on the ladder (Opinion - based on my early season expectations) We still have an opportunity to make the finals under Barrett in 2017 (Opinion) We have been mostly inconsistent and on occasion rubbish at home (Opinion) We have performed consistently well away (Opinion) Our defensive structure has improved since 2016 (Opinion) Our attack is inconsistent but improving as well (Opinion) Would sacking Trent Barrett half way through the 2017 season bring any stability to the club in 2017 or improve it in any way (tangible or intangible, directly or indirectly) Question.

The moderators just appease their buddies on here. It's funny, some can get on here and talk about their dick in every second post, and hey presto, they are suddenly held up as the voice of reason. It is quite refreshing seeing some who have had enough make the effort to speak up. That never pleases the sycophants
I really don't get why you care so much what anonymous people on a footy forum say or think? You have been banging on about this for 4 days now. Do we all have to think like you? We all come on here for different reasons. When things are not going great sometimes people can get a little over heated and emotional and might feel the need to vent. What is written might not be be true or factual but an emotional response. Isn't that their right to do so? Why not just have a laugh?

To @Forty Baskets ,@Wombat Legacy ,@Woodsie ,@Manly_92 and anyone else who have issues with either strone33 or Ralphie's opinions, here are a couple of links at the end of this post that may be of use to you so that you will never have to see any of their comments ever again. It will be just like they don't exist to you.

https://silvertails.net/members/strone33.4077/ignore

https://silvertails.net/members/ralphie.2270/ignore

Jethro, I am assuming you will be also sending @strone33 a message showing him how to ignore the big bad bullies.

I really don't get why you care so much what anonymous people on a footy forum say or think? You have been banging on about this for 4 days now. Do we all have to think like you? We all come on here for different reasons. When things are not going great sometimes people can get a little over heated and emotional and might feel the need to vent. What is written might not be be true or factual but an emotional response. Isn't that their right to do so? Why not just have a laugh?
I can write and bang on all I like mate. There is a minority that ruin it for others with incessant nasty posts about the players and coaching group. I am defending them that is all, and will continue to call them out as long as they cheap shot and troll me back. Therefore your post is defending my right as well, so thanks for the support mate.
If you sit back and read the rubbish that lit the fuse, you will see I am getting very annoyed at the continual **** getting heaped on our players, who are all doing very well actually. As I said to you the other day, 80% of my comments are **** stirring, if you don't like it ignore button or don't read, simple. The other 20% I am bullying the bullies who cry foul when they are matched with their own medicine. Fair's fair mate, I am trying my hardest to articulate a position where I will not be continually asked why I heave in to selected members. I don't mind if you have a crack at me, I love it, it's all a bit of fun to me. I shared as much these sentiment with @Ryan a couple of days ago. Then I noticed a few fossils getting stuck into new posters for having the temerity to stick up for themselves. I am cool with you man, so let's just leave it at that

No thanks Mr Moderator, I prefer to call out dimwitted souls that feel the way to support their team is denigrate it with mindless rants and personal attacks on it's coaches and players. Ignoring these social media toxins, let's them off far too lightly, and I will gladly participate in assisting to "clean the place up" so well intentioned supporters can mix in a respectful way to discuss the team's highs and lows. Last week's game day thread was disgraceful.
Bullying the bullies can evoke such high levels of pleasure.
Ignore button....It's not my go mate! :tmi::tmi::tmi:
Well then, if any comments get personal then be prepared to start seeing posts either being edited or deleted in accordance with the Silvertails Terms and Rules.

Well then, if any comments get personal then be prepared to start seeing posts either being edited or deleted in accordance with the Silvertails Terms and Rules.
No problem Jethro, play the field fairly, and you won't hear a peep from me. What I will say is that you will be a very busy little moderator, because Dan will need to put you on a full time contract to carry out this new found passion for toeing the ST forum line. Enjoy your new found responsibility, I will support it 100%

" We all come on here for different reasons " is true and some of us like to counter nonsense with reason and enjoy some other rational points of view. I will continue to ask posters to explain themselves at times , just as you have done here.
If you are happy to laugh at a post that is fair enough but a lot of them aren't slightly funny just repetitive abuse .
If the poster of overheated and emotional untruths agrees with your assessment why don't they just say so when asked and it ends right there I say
Exactly, the mods give them oxygen by allowing the tirade of abuse in the first place. Enough from me, I have had enough fun on this thread and will look forward to the "STAFF" on here getting their **** together so this can be a place for all, not just their selected old time cliques. Touche away....see yah VROOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!:wondering::wondering::wondering:

No problem Jethro, play the field fairly, and you won't hear a peep from me. What I will say is that you will be a very busy little moderator, because Dan will need to put you on a full time contract to carry out this new found passion for toeing the ST forum line. Enjoy your new found responsibility, I will support it 100%
There were a number of posts removed from this thread yesterday by me already (none were yours) and it wouldn't be the first time that I have removed multiple pages of off topic and bickering crap from threads that so that others don't have to wade through it all to get to the on topic content.

Mate I would love to see a long term coach step up for the Sea Eagles.
Serious question , is abuse directed at Manly staff , coaches and players ok because it looks like open slather to me ?

This is the relevant clause in the Terms and Rules.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

It could be argued that a number of posts on this site focussing on "Manly staff, coaches and players" by a small minority of posters, could often be construed as defamatory, and/or abusive, and/or hateful, and/or threatening, and/or likely to offend, by any reasonable person, within the accepted definition. In terms of determining liability a reasonable person is defined as a hypothetical person in society who exercises average care, skill, and judgment in conduct and who serves as a comparative standard. My question to the moderators is why do you allow the appearance of and the perpetuation of the above?

I don't get why more just don't use the ignore button.

If you are pissed off with what I'm saying ( for example) just ignore me, and until you change that setting you'll miss everything I say, good, bad or ugly.

I've only ever used it on Trolls, they bring nothing to the table so why should I read their ****.

I get the fact that certain people don't like certain people or what certain people say, if so that feature is your friend!!

I don't get why more just don't use the ignore button.

If you are pissed off with what I'm saying ( for example) just ignore me, and until you change that setting you'll miss everything I say, good, bad or ugly.

I've only ever used it on Trolls, they bring nothing to the table so why should I read their ****.

I get the fact that certain people don't like certain people or what certain people say, if so that feature is your friend!!
Exactly.

At this rate this thread could be longer than the Kieran Forum.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8