• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IVE BEEN WATCHING THIS GAME SINCE 1980 WHEN THE ALMIGHT NEWTOWN JETS WEre around ...
IS JENNINGS THE BIGGEST ALL TIME HOG IN NRL????

Last edited:
For anyone saying that Tommy should be given a go on the wing in Game 3 since its a dead rubber.....forget it, not this year anyway. Oh he'd handle it well but no way would he get picked with his ankle like it is, seriously. Even Bozo isn't THAT stupid.

I thought Walker's game was mixed. He showed enough to suggest he could be a great NSW centre if given quality ball with space at the right times (rather than dumping it on him when he has no room and a set defence in his face). In addition, his defence was surprisingly solid, which was an area I thought he may struggle with. Kudos.

On the down side his first penalty for crowding (which I believe was definately the correct call) cost NSW very dearly at a time we had ascendency. It appeared to me he had too much adrenaline pumping through him at the time and just pushed it too far without much thought process involved. He just needs to keep the adrenaline in check and stay calm and focused at crucial times. It will come with more experience.

I disagree about the crowding penalty. Walker actually did what he was supposed to do as first marker which is stand on the mark. The Qld player was the one pushing forward into him. Unfortunately the way the game is refereed these days they give the tackled player much more leeway than they should when it comes to the play the ball. Players are often allowed to grab an extra metre or two but the marker is usually the one penalised for it.

Dylan is an easy target for those on Social media. His biggest failing is that most believe he's only in the NSW team because of Bozo, and because both are connected with Manly that means he's an even bigger target. Some of those on social media who are bagging him for tonight's performance are even trying to say that Jennings was better.

Last edited:
Here we go... I rarely make my footy points after games, but tonight I will make an exception.
Laurie Daley is an excellent mentor-when he played there was no NSW player more dominant. Believe it! When he was at his peak, he was peerless.
He is also a pretty good coach and has a good analysis on the game.
Problem: He is not a "A" level coach.

Des is the man to take this squad to the next level. DO IT NSW

If Des Hasler coached this team, we would have won 2-0

PS Dylan had a great game, a couple of the penalties were ridiculous and he did an excellent job containing Inglis. Bravo Dylan, a player on the up

Last edited:
Gus spoke about the NSW on field leadership & said it was,
"...very selfish & very domineering & hasn't allowed the team to grow..."
I'm guessing that's directed at Gallen,Farah & Co.

I remember Gould saying a few times that certain Cronulla games were bombed because their forwards wanted to show how tough they were in the middle of the field, rather than getting it to their outside backs.

He also said after 2014 Origin that Gallen has done his job and should move on.

Gus says many things which are wide of the mark but he was spot on with that one.

IVE BEEN WATCHING THIS GAME SINCE 1980 WHEN THE ALMIGHT NEWTOWN JETS WE PLAYING...
IS JENNINGS THE BIGGEST ALL TIME HOG IN NRL????
People will think I'm on here defending him, but the reality is he can't pass.

I have arguments with my relatives all the time (Roosters fans) when they try and tell me that he is a better centre than Jamie Lyon. I just laugh and say 'he cant pass!' you may as well not have a winger outside him because he wont feed him. And as for a kicking game (long or short), well that's just fantasy.

In reality Jennings major attribute is his pure speed. But he doesn't often get the open space to utilize it in Origin.

For anyone saying that Tommy should be given a go on the wing in Game 3 since its a dead rubber.....forget it, not this year anyway. Oh he'd handle it well but no way would he get picked with his ankle like it is, seriously. Even Bozo isn't THAT stupid.

I disagree about the crowding penalty. Walker actually did what he was supposed to do as first marker which is stand on the mark. The Qld player was the one pushing forward into him. Unfortunately the way the game is refereed these days they give the tackled player much more leeway than they should when it comes to the play the ball. Players are often allowed to grab an extra metre or two but the marker is usually the one penalised for it.
I'm with you in agreeing that walking off the mark is a horrible tendency in footy of recent times that goes unpoliced. That said, we know that, walker should know that and play accordingly.

Here we go... I rarely make my footy points after games, but tonight I will make an exception.
Laurie Daley is an excellent mentor-when he played there was no NSW player more dominant. Believe it! When he was at his peak, he was peerless.
He is also a pretty good coach and has a good analysis on the game.
Problem: He is not a "A" level coach.

Des is the man to take this squad to the next level. DO IT NSW

If Des Hasler coached this team, we would have won 2-0

PS Dylan had a great game, a couple of the penalties were ridiculous and he did an excellent job containing Inglis. Bravo Dylan, a player on the up

I remember watching Origin games on the telly in the early 90's. Laurie Daley was definitely the dominant player from both teams. Evan Allan Langer struggled in Origin at the time.

People will think I'm on here defending him, but the reality is he can't pass.

I have arguments with my relatives all the time (Roosters fans) when they try and tell me that he is a better centre than Jamie Lyon. I just laugh and say 'he cant pass!' you may as well not have a winger outside him because he wont feed him. And as for a kicking game (long or short), well that's just fantasy.

In reality Jennings major attribute is his pure speed. But he doesn't often get the open space to utilize it in Origin.

Jennings can't and won't pass. The only reason Daniel Tupou scored a lot of tried outside of him at the Chooks was because Maloney and Pearce kept kicking it to him. And at doesn't-matta this year if Semi wasn't such a freak and actually willing to go looking for the ball to create opportunities for himself, he'd catch more cold's than he would balls passed from Jennings who is the NRL's = #1 ball hog with Jarrod Crocker and Paul Gallen.

Just got home from the game with a sore throat and a big smile on my face. Sorry boys go Queensland!!!!! I've forgotten what it's like to watch your team win.

Jennings can't and won't pass. The only reason Daniel Tupou scored a lot of tried outside of him at the Chooks was because Maloney and Pearce kept kicking it to him. And at doesn't-matta this year if Semi wasn't such a freak and actually willing to go looking for the ball to create opportunities for himself, he'd catch more cold's than he would balls passed from Jennings who is the NRL's = #1 ball hog with Jarrod Crocker and Paul Gallen.
Jennings is a one trick pony. Receives the ball, cuts back inside, gets the ball, cuts back inside. Any player outside him may as leave early, he'll see more balls in the shower. He's over rated and everybody worked him out years ago.

Jennings is a one trick pony. Receives the ball, cuts back inside, gets the ball, cuts back inside. Any player outside him may as leave early, he'll see more balls in the shower. He's over rated and everybody worked him out years ago.

Exactly. How many times last night did Jennings even bother to look for Mansour outside of him? Sure Mansour actually ran for 146 metres, but most of that was running the ball back from kicks, dummy half runs or taking a hit up early in the count like most wingers tend to do.

When Jennings got the ball, you're dead right, each time he was looking to cut back inside and continue running.

You know, as stupid as it is I can see Daley making only minor changes happening to the Blues for Game 3.

Reynolds did his shoulder and is out. Other than bringing in either Hodkinson or Pearce, I can see Maloney playing half, Moylan at 5/8 and Tedesco getting a run at fullback (either that or Jack Bird will come in to play pivot with Maloney at half). And don't expect Gallen, Farah or Bird to be dropped. Gallen will be given the chance for a "heroes sendoff" (not that he deserves it but they think the sun shines out of his backside so he will get it) while Daley will stick with Farah and Bird.

Jennings should be dropped, probably for Bird, Roberts or even Croker, but I doubt that will happen.

I think barring injury, Dylan Walker did more than enough against 1nglis last night to justify his place in the centres, despite the social media campaign against him. Hell, even the DT admitted that he contained 1nglis well last night and rated both a 7/10.

As for Qld, I can't see them making any changes unless injury or suspension force them to.

I love filters call about walker - walker hasn't earnt the right to get away with penalties. I think I could name 17 players who have earnt that right origin level! C smith should have been binned after nsw made a break and be held them down for a long time - not even a penalty

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8