The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I raise you.

Whatever could be said against my argument can also be used against yours.

So you believe a coach that has won Premierships and been to the biggest dance 5 times in his career relied on injuries and luck to save his bacon?

You think the injestiin of youth alone saved our season?

You believe the owners intervention with contract clauses stoked the old boys fire. 99.9% on here think the owners are imbeciles and couldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Now if you are a believer in coincidence then my arguement stacks up better i do believe.
So you believe a coach that has won Premierships and been to the biggest dance 5 times in his career relied on injuries and luck to save his bacon?

No hes a stubborn, so relied on his failing troops who when injured were replaced and have not returned

yes plus Tom, the wins/losses dont lie

You believe the owners intervention with contract clauses stoked the old boys fire. 99.9% on here think the owners are imbeciles and couldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

yes, they were under immense pressure from S.T.

I'd say the Penn family are far more successful than 99.9% of people on here.
I'd also say when it comes to a footy club they can be right at least once.

No hes a stubborn, so relied on his failing troops who when injured were replaced and have not returned

yes plus Tom, the wins/losses dont lie

yes, they were under immense pressure from S.T.
This reply was a stitch up yeah? You didnt actually mean most of that did you?.

I'd say the Penn family are far more successful than 99.9% of people on here.
I'd also say when it comes to a footy club they can be right at least once.
I have no problem with the Penn family and with them putting money into this club.
Obviously you do with the last line about them being right at least once.....

I have no problem with the Penn family and with them putting money into this club.
Obviously you do with the last line about them being right at least once.....
Clutching at straws now EoL
I'm letting this go now before it decends to god knows what.

I suppose thats one version of a possible truth that could have happened if you sit on that side of the fence.

But then again unless you have a hotline to Des and he shares his plans with you its just unsubstantiated guessing on your part.

Here's is an unsubstantiated guess on my part for you to no doubt disagree with.

After a shocking end to 2020 the Hasler led brains trust came up with a plan for 2021.

Firstly and most importantly change the entire defensive structure to a slide instead of an up and in. BIG CHANGE THIS ONE.

Secondly plan to bring in some young guys after some time in the reserves to get some match fitness and game time for the first time in a year. Such as The shoe, Guac and others.

Thirdly look at our first 4 weeks. Roosters souths and Panthers. Hmmm shall we throw the youth into a new defensive structure with no real gametime for a year and let them get smacked? Probably not. Lets put in the old heads on the hope thay can jag a win or 2 perhaps but if they dont their experience wont allow too many scars for the rest of 2021.

OH **** TURBO HAS SLIPPED IN THE BATHROOM........ out goes all the attacking structure we have worked on ( the attacking structure thats killing opposition at the moment by the way) ok plan B C or D......

Ok new plan. Play old guys against top opposition. Doesnt matter if they are injured as in long game as they were going to be replaced by youth eventually anyway.

Get turbo back.

AND WINNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

How does that tickle your ball sack?
BOOM!

You have seem to forgotten that the owners told Des if he doesn't make finals he won't have a contract and they might need to get him some help.
Then Des started picking and sticking with the youth brigade.

Pretty easy to summarise that Des had to reassess his team (and the game) and go with what was obviously better.
Good call by Penn to put a rocket up Des.
Why would they re sign with a coach who didn't believe in them and not give them a run until injuries made it possible, surely if Des had done that they could have signed somewhere else

Why would they re sign with a coach who didn't believe in them and not give them a run until injuries made it possible, surely if Des had done that they could have signed somewhere else
Exactly.

Apprently when all these young boys were not in contention for a run in FG because Des loves his old cattle they all resigned long term deals.

Reality is probably more all the kids that resigend did so after a chat with Des where he assured them they would be in FG and starting by middle of year.

I certainly hope that he does not have a broken arm.
That would be a long time out.

For the first month at least our starting 2nd rowers will not be playing

Fyi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220225-215652_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220225-215652_Samsung Internet.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 106
Des Hasler hopes Marty Taupau and Dylan Walker will recover from injury to be fit for round one, but the Sea Eagles look set to be without another gun back-rower in Haumole Olakau’atu.

Already without Josh Schuster for the first month of the season, Olakau’atu will be sidelined for several weeks after he partially dislocated his right elbow during the 18-16 trial loss to Canberra in Gosford on Friday night.

“The main concern is Haumole,” said Hasler, who was also frustrated by the 20 penalties blown and stop-start nature of the second and final trial at Central Coast Stadium.

“Walks is OK [with his knee] and Marty has a strained back. We took him off as precaution. He could have come back on. It wasn’t his hip. Haumole is our biggest concern.”

Fans were still taking their seats and eating their $15 beef jerky when big Taupau grimaced in pain after a tackle involving Xavier Savage.

Taupau stood Savage up before he fell to the ground and his knees dug int the turf and appeared to part like a wishbone.

Olakau’atu and Walker went down within minutes of each other in the second half. Olakau’atu, who had an enormous breakout season last year, slammed his right arm into the ground and immediately clutched at his elbow. He said afterwards he knew he was in trouble.

A few minutes later, Walker stayed down in back play and clutched at his right knee.

In Walker and Taupau’s case, there will be a sense of relief because they are both keen for big starts to the year given they are off contract at the end of the season.

The Sea Eagles are already long shots to win their round-one game against Penrith on March 10. They have lost their past eight straight season openers.

It was not all bad news, however, with Jason Saab and rookie Tolutau Koula putting the foot down to score explosive long-range tries on the right side of the field.

Saab intercepted a Jack Wighton pass and charged 95m to score after 13 minutes. He clocked just over 11 seconds despite easing down the final 20m. Savage, no slouch in the speed department, appeared up for the foot race early, but quickly tailed off.

Koula then showed his own slick pair of heels when he was put into space and raced 80m down the same side of the field. The schoolboy sprint sensation who once clocked 10.58 seconds for the 100m was never going to be caught. The only player who was near him was Saab, who - to be fair - looked to be jogging next to him.

Hasler, however, said Koula would not start the year in the NRL and Morgan Harper, who injured himself during the All Stars, would be back on deck inside Saab.

The continual penalties in a trial game left Hasler fearing a return to the bad old ways a couple of years ago.

When asked it was frustrating watching the game from the box, Hasler said: “It was, you saw it. It’s frustrating for the fans.”

Canberra trailed 16-0 before they hit back with a try and try assist to Jack Wighton, and a soft four-pointer for Joe Tapine under the sticks.

I knew he was in trouble when he started cradling his arm. Looked almost exactly like the injury he picked up playing in the Reggies at the start of last year. Fingers crossed for him. We need him out there - he's such a valuable, hard-nosed addition to our pack.

Already without Josh Schuster for the first month of the season, Olakau’atu will be sidelined for several weeks after he partially dislocated his right elbow during the 18-16 trial loss to Canberra in Gosford on Friday night.
And to make matters worse, it's the same elbow he badly dislocated a year ago...

Sad we gotta wait probably round 5 for both our starting second rowers. Trials are annoying.
In the current game - an evil necessity.... Manly playing Penrith and City to start 2022 had zero choice but to give solid hit outs....to make an early statement at least to be competitive, is better than making finals after being demolished by top 4 sides....I think Des has had it, as has most Manly supporters...

If it’s a clean subluxation of the elbow (no fracture), it’s 2-4 weeks. So with two weeks until the season starts, hopefully he won’t be missing much time.

As bad as the night was with injuries, it looks like none will be out long term.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10