The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Best case scenario for us is Olakau'atu, Schuster and Alioi all retuning for Rd 5, with a good possibility that Olakau'atu and Schuster could be one week earlier. In the meantime, I would go with a fwd pack of Marty, Crocker, Tent, Bully, Keepie and Jake. Bench, De'luis, Sipley, Walker and Lawton.

If it’s a clean subluxation of the elbow (no fracture), it’s 2-4 weeks. So with two weeks until the season starts, hopefully he won’t be missing much time.

As bad as the night was with injuries, it looks like none will be out long term.
Agree. A possible issue could be that it is the second time it has happened, so may need some surgical intervention to stop it happening again.

I have left a message for nrl physio.

Best case scenario for us is Olakau'atu, Schuster and Alioi all retuning for Rd 5, with a good possibility that Olakau'atu and Schuster could be one week earlier. In the meantime, I would go with a fwd pack of Marty, Crocker, Tent, Bully, Keepie and Jake. Bench, De'luis, Sipley, Walker and Lawton.
Aloiai is back Rd 4 I think mate (3 week suspension), fingers crossed very similar for Josh and Haumole.

We do have some reasonable depth in the back row luckily with Bullemor, Davey (if fit) and Lawton.

Aloiai is back Rd 4 I think mate (3 week suspension), fingers crossed very similar for Josh and Haumole.

We do have some reasonable depth in the back row luckily with Bullemor, Davey (if fit) and Lawton.
sorry, Aloiai back rd 4, even better. Big mystery about Davey, nothing mentioned about his availability and when he'll be back.

We are in trouble if that is our pack and bench. Keppie is a middle forward and couldn't play the huge minutes required of an edge backrower and Deluis and Sipley on the bench together is a bad sign. Needs to be one or the other on the bench really.

We are in trouble if that is our pack and bench. Keppie is a middle forward and couldn't play the huge minutes required of an edge backrower and Deluis and Sipley on the bench together is a bad sign. Needs to be one or the other on the bench really.
We are 3 fwds down, who would you have for DeLuis then, if Davey can't play ?

Even if Davey is ready, as impressive as he was in the one and a bit game he played for us last year, he's still been out for 12 months. Match fitness is a concern, needs some time in Blacktown. Bully left side and Keppie to mark up against Kikau on the right for Round 1. And then on the bench, I'd have Walker Taupau Keppie KDL (Paseka Sipley starting props). I know, three props, but we got monstered by the big teams for carrying two utility players. We need to match up in size against teams like Melbourne and Penrith if we wanna fight for victories.

It's disappointing that Davey wasn't used in either trial. Surely that means he is still recovering from injury.....
Oh how I miss the weekly injury updates from the Beard of Knowledge circa 2021.

Des Hasler hopes Marty Taupau and Dylan Walker will recover from injury to be fit for round one, but the Sea Eagles look set to be without another gun back-rower in Haumole Olakau’atu.

Already without Josh Schuster for the first month of the season, Olakau’atu will be sidelined for several weeks after he partially dislocated his right elbow during the 18-16 trial loss to Canberra in Gosford on Friday night.

“The main concern is Haumole,” said Hasler, who was also frustrated by the 20 penalties blown and stop-start nature of the second and final trial at Central Coast Stadium.

"The main one is Haumole, it's just his elbow which he subluxed," Hasler said.

Ok - this tells me that the club Dr's and physios spoke to Des and said it's 'subluxed' - which is a 'simple dislocation' (no major bone injury) rather than a 'complex dislocation' (blood vessels and nerves injured). Hopefully - no (even minor) bone breakages. He may be out for as little as 3 weeks.

See: Elbow Dislocation - OrthoInfo - AAOS

I would have Burbo just for a different type of player and can cover the centres as well. Sipley really looks good - he is ripping in but he and DeLuis are basically the same player - hit it up - get tackled. De Luis does more work in defence.
Wouldn't Walker cover the centres BT, probably need another bigger body on the bench against the more heavyweight Penrith fwds. Who would you pick on the bench?

Interesting that the elbow in question wasn't strapped. I think he played with it strapped for a long while last season so obviously the team didn't think it was or could be an ongoing issue.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11