The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If that's true, then they should get him into surgery now, he can't afford another interrupted preseason, it is not as if he is setting the field on fire, we don't need him this year, we need 100% and trimmed down next year.
Yeah, that's my view also ME, we know Schuster takes a long time recovering from injuries/operations. If he does need surgery, he needs to stop playing now. Although he did say he's pulled out of representing his Island country and just wants to concentrate on having a good pre season build up with Manly for the 2023 season. I guess we'll wait for further news on this.

There are a lot of good comments about schuster above. Not too long back he played 6, foz 7 while origin was on. No cherry, no tom, no jake no worries

2 games, 2 wins, no whining . he wasnt a star but he never played that bad either to warrant some of the doomier forecasts . In fact the team looked good, slick and focussed . Possibly best we have looked

just like last season when we had a period where de luis, lawman and toff were starting to crack the side we looked pretty strong and cohesive and as stars returned, we still won, but started looking clunky

maybe we should go back and look to those games a few weeks back.

There are a lot of good comments about schuster above. Not too long back he played 6, foz 7 while origin was on. No cherry, no tom, no jake no worries

2 games, 2 wins, no whining . he wasnt a star but he never played that bad either to warrant some of the doomier forecasts . In fact the team looked good, slick and focussed . Possibly best we have looked

just like last season when we had a period where de luis, lawman and toff were starting to crack the side we looked pretty strong and cohesive and as stars returned, we still won, but started looking clunky

maybe we should go back and look to those games a few weeks back.
Wins against the Tigers and Warriors

YOUNG GUN ON THE OUTER AT MANLY

I'm hearing all is not well between Manly and talented utility Josh Schuster.

Schuster has been hailed as the next big thing at Brookvale for several years but you only had to look at his body language - and seven errors - against the Dragons last weekend to see something isn't right.

Schuster was promised the No.6 jersey a couple of years ago… but lost out to Kieran Foran, who Schuster was told would be moved to hooker.

Last weekend, even with regular hooker Lachlan Croker out, Foran kept the five-eighth spot and Schuster remained on the bench.

The big guy has talent but hasn't lived up to the hype and the Sea Eagles believe he is carrying too much weight, adding to the tension.

Don't be surprised if he is wearing another team's colours in 2023.

Lol the predictable article has finally arrived

Foran is gone and the club is backing his stance this week. He will be here in 23

Just my opinion ... I see a kid who has found out what it is like to go from being a big fish in the small juniors to being a little fish in the NRL ..

finding that all the tricks that dazzled the people that like shiny things .. don't work so well against a team of experienced and seasoned first graders ..

.. that the lazy defence and labrador attitude don't cut it in first grade ... that waiting for the moment to make the big highlight reel play doesn't make up for 80 mins of hard work and 1%er's .. (just ask Foz) ...

Blaming the coaching staff is ridiculous ... they can talk and coach all day long and I am sure they are ... but the player has to be listening ... and responding ..

I wish Schuster all success ... but I think it will only come after a major mind shift ...

Perhaps this was the year he needed to have ... it will either make him stronger and more determined ... or ...
Yeah certainly part of that though I think its more traditional second year syndrome.

A combination of him thinking he has made it and taking his foot off the pedal and other teams studying him and knowing what to expect.

Some like Garrick bounce back, others like Tim Smith do not.

Its up to Shuster

YOUNG GUN ON THE OUTER AT MANLY

I'm hearing all is not well between Manly and talented utility Josh Schuster.

Schuster has been hailed as the next big thing at Brookvale for several years but you only had to look at his body language - and seven errors - against the Dragons last weekend to see something isn't right.

Schuster was promised the No.6 jersey a couple of years ago… but lost out to Kieran Foran, who Schuster was told would be moved to hooker.

Last weekend, even with regular hooker Lachlan Croker out, Foran kept the five-eighth spot and Schuster remained on the bench.

The big guy has talent but hasn't lived up to the hype and the Sea Eagles believe he is carrying too much weight, adding to the tension.

Don't be surprised if he is wearing another team's colours in 2023.
I would be extremely surprised if he is at another club next year. The 6 jersey is his next year, he has been waiting for this for some time.

This is a story that was allegedly written by someone that is payed to write and have the inside word,not by someone on a fan forum,which it gives the impression of.Nothing in this is unknown to us on ST other than the speculation he maybe at another club next year based on no facts.Given Schuster has looked and played like this most of the season and his manager made a point in the media re playing 5/8,I suspect this is just opportunistic journalism given Manly’s current situation

Last edited:
What he gave us in 21 hasn't been replicated in 22 unfortunately, but Schuster's the type of player who needs everything going for him to succeed and he will. With a good injury free pre season ahead of him he'll be building nicely for the 23 season. Have faith the rewards will come.

The journos read the nonsense on here and eventually write about it when they don't otherwise have a story. Not sure what Des is up to, some might call it scuttling the ship. Des knows Foran is gone next year and Schuster is ear marked as 5/8. So a possible outcome is that we lose both. Boy that doesn't makes sense. Instead of trying to run the kid into fitness Des sits him on the bench even when we are down on troops. That doesn't make sense. IMO whatever is going is not in the best interests of this team. I wonder if the sands of the Polynesian playing group had already started shifting due to the treatment of their brother before rainbow gate. We will never know for sure.

The journos read the nonsense on here and eventually write about it when they don't otherwise have a story. Not sure what Des is up to, some might call it scuttling the ship. Des knows Foran is gone next year and Schuster is ear marked as 5/8. So a possible outcome is that we lose both. Boy that doesn't makes sense. Instead of trying to run the kid into fitness Des sits him on the bench even when we are down on troops. That doesn't make sense. IMO whatever is going is not in the best interests of this team. I wonder if the sands of the Polynesian playing group had already started shifting due to the treatment of their brother before rainbow gate. We will never know for sure.
We are making a play for Munster

Given the club has steadfastly stood by Fainu,to the teams detriment some would say,not sure the Polynesian boys can be too critical

I believe he'll be gone, I don't think Des likes to be told where players are to be played, You will notice Schuster has been on the outer since his managements 5/8 story, not in the team or a reserve hardly getting a run...

I think we are the only club with three players over the $900,000 mark (if you can believe reports).
It worked for the Storm but to support the superstars we have not been able to convert nearly as many low-paid journeymen into better-than-average First Graders like Bellache does.

Why..??? can't have players telling the coach what position they want to play...
IMO what Des is doing is hurting the Team and it's future. We are all under instruction its just a question of degree, regardless of our profession. Nobody is entitled to do whatever they like. Des is employed by the club and his duty is to act in the best interests of the club and its future over and above his own personal views. The club did not sign Foran in 2023 and that is a decision the club made not Schuster.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8