The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Josh is now listed on the club site as ... a 5/8!
Up till now they've had him amongst the forwards :)
Weekes or Johns to five eighth?
Schuster game was atrocious. He must be injured. Dropped balls missed tackles.
NOT EVEN A HINT OF CREATIVITY.
Why is he playing ? He definitely didnt want to get involved . Watch the game again tell me what he did right.
JOHNS TO 5/8 PLEASE
Manly have some of the best 5/8 in the history on RL .
Some players have natural talent, some guys are fierce competitors. He is not in either category.

Why is he playing ? He definitely didnt want to get involved . Watch the game again tell me what he did right.
JOHNS TO 5/8 PLEASE
Some players have natural talent, some guys are fierce competitors. He is not in either category.
A KFC slug perhaps?

JOHNS TO 5/8 PLEASE

If you really watched the match, you may have noticed him limping after 40 seconds and clearly hampered all game with his injured quad.
For some reason unknown, Schu passed the fitness test on captain's run and Seibold did not select Johns on the bench.

Totally agree, Johns should have played yesterday, but only because Schu is still injured.

Schu has been uninjured for one match this season, against Parra and he was man of the match.

I really hope the medical staff take a long look at how they are managing Schu and Tommy and their injuries.

If you really watched the match, you may have noticed him limping after 40 seconds and clearly hampered all game with his injured quad.
For some reason unknown, Schu passed the fitness test on captain's run and Seibold did not select Johns on the bench.

Totally agree, Johns should have played yesterday, but only because Schu is still injured.

Schu has been uninjured for one match this season, against Parra and he was man of the match.

I really hope the medical staff take a long look at how they are managing Schu and Tommy and their injuries.

Balderdash and pig's twaddle ... stop trying to deflect blame onto the medical staff

Last year it was all Dessie's fault ... now it's all the medical staff's fault ... get grip ..

Balderdash and pig's twaddle ... stop trying to deflect blame onto the medical staff

Last year it was all Dessie's fault ... now it's all the medical staff's fault ... get grip ..

That's right Wood. Nothing to do with the medical and training staff. It's 100% on Schu.

Are you ready to lead the public stoning?

That's right Wood. Nothing to do with the medical and training staff. It's 100% on Schu.

Lord above ... Try to get your brain working .. Nothing is ON anybody ... injuries happen ...

and given that I have not said one derogatory comment about Shu ... as opposed to about 20 other posters who have been brutal ... you childishly have a shot at me ...

Is it because I'm over 70 and you think you might get your first win .... you're dreaming..

grow a pair and go back through the thread and have a shot at all the other members who blasted Joshie ... or are you chicken ..

With the extended reserve list with the team update and both Weekes and Johns listed, I was certain Shu wouldn't play, however, it may have been some BS on Shu's part to say he was okay, only to find out he clearly wasn't.

So against the Titans, this is what I'd like to see, with Turbo, Parker and Shu probably out:
FB: Weekes
LW: Tuipolotu
Left Centre: Garrick
5/8: Johns

I don't think Myers can be allowed, as both Garrick and Tuipolotu are (apparently) able centre replacements. However, this is what Seibold may do:

FB: Garrick
LW: Weekes
Left Centre: Tuipolotu

I guess it all depends on Koula's fitness, and if he is a week ahead of time, as he is due back week 10. If he is fit, it may look like this:

FB: Garrick
LW: Tuipolotu
Left Centre: Koula (he has the ability to play left or right)

Wednesday will be interesting.

Regards

Rob

Lord above ... Try to get your brain working .. Nothing is ON anybody ... injuries happen ...

and given that I have not said one derogatory comment about Shu ... as opposed to about 20 other posters who have been brutal ... you childishly have a shot at me ...

Is it because I'm over 70 and you think you might get your first win .... you're dreaming..

grow a pair and go back through the thread and have a shot at all the other members who blasted Joshie ... or are you chicken ..

Isn't that what I just did , then you came into my reply and carry on with your normal BS.

Why don't you go back to the Saab thread and tell everyone that he will never be able to resolve his defensive issues.

You just seem to luv telling everyone about young players shortcomings posting negative schiit everywhere, of course after your one line of kids got talent.
Leave that schiit down the pub.

17dodd.jpg

Isn't that what I just did , then you came into my reply and carry on with your normal BS.

Why don't you go back to the Saab thread and tell everyone that he will never be able to resolve his defensive issues.

You just seem to luv telling everyone about young players shortcomings posting negative schiit everywhere, of course after your one line of kids got talent.
Leave that schiit down the pub.

Good smother ... now grow that pair .... go back through the thread ... and actually attack the people that were brutally rude to Josh .... go on ... double dare you to call them out by name ....

Instead of making up rot about me being negative ... I doubt anybody on Silvertails has been more supportive of every Manly player over the years than me ... goose.

Schuster had a shocker but he was clearly playing injured and I don't think the wet weather helped at all. People forget he is still only 21 and bar yesterday has performed really well in the halves in first grade, including just a month ago pre injury where he was our best player v Parra. Seems some just like to jump on him whenever he has a bad game because they didn't like how we chose him over Foran, never minding the fact that Foz is 32 and hardly setting the world alight at the Titans.

Saab had some really terrible games last year and some on here wanted him shot into the sun, now he is one of our best players out there. Schuey deserves the same level of patience and certainly shouldn't be replaced by Johns who has done nothing outside of the trial games.

I love Shoey and what he can bring. unfortunately he is not match fit and seems to be struggling with injury. he didn't seem at all interested to inject himself in the game. Bad call by Seib's not have Johns on the bench.

As part of their remit, forwards need to take ugly hit-ups and make metres to get the team on the front foot.

I have never seen Josh do this particularly well in his 40 or so NRL matches to date... Most of which were in the second row.
I think he was very evasive at times, bumping off defenders + offloading or using footwork to come back infield into space. A common issue was that he would fade in and out of games, or make a silly mistake with his no-lookers. He seems to have slowly reduced the amount of errors in his passing, which is good. Also, if he committed himself to the second-row position im sure he would take better hitups. The problem was that he didn't really go searching for the ball when needed.

I don't think his only purpose would be to run though. He was very valuable as a link man on that edge.

Im not writing Schuster off yet at 5/8, but part of the reason he is hyped is because of his breakout first season (at second row). His biggest issue nowadays is defence, but he also has to prove he can be consistent. He could almost getaway with this at second-row, but not so much at 5/8.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was very evasive at times, bumping off defenders + offloading or using footwork to come back infield into space. A common issue was that he would fade in and out of games, or make a silly mistake with his no-lookers. He seems to have slowly reduced the amount of errors in his passing, which is good. Also, if he committed himself to the second-row position im sure he would take better hitups. The problem was that he didn't really go searching for the ball when needed.

I don't think his only purpose would be to run though. He was very valuable as a link man on that edge.

Im not writing Schuster off yet at 5/8, but the reason people think he is so good is because of his breakout first season (at second row). His biggest issue nowadays is defence, but he also has to prove he can be consistent. He could almost getaway with this at second-row, but not so much at 5/8.
My biggest issue is lack of movement on edges in his goaline defence. He is a turnstile

My biggest issue is lack of movement on edges in his goaline defence. He is a turnstile
Yup defence, defence, defence.

Even tackles, he can tend to armgrab a little, or have a loose grapple

For example, while looking for a Schuster highlight I accidentally stumbled across this lowlight. His tackling technique @ time stamp 1:42

Yup defence, defence, defence.

Even tackles, he can tend to armgrab a little, or have a loose grapple

For example, while looking for a Schuster highlight I accidentally stumbled across this lowlight. His tackling technique @ time stamp 1:42
Yeah I be honest it's a huge question mark. Just not sure he can defend at 6 but will an 2nd row edge be any better.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10