The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not really interested in running round in circles with you mate

Nobody has suggested that anything was made up, but if she has no vested interest or agenda, why make the comments public ?

If she is so caring about the young fella and wants to see him fulfil his potential etc, do you think talking to him privately, or going hard at him in the media will get the best results ?

If she is still working for Manly rather than being the bitter ex, does that post get made ?

Perhaps it's because she is no longer Employed by manly that she can actually say what's on her mind.

Do you think what she said has no substance?

Great coaches are not baby sitters I agree feathered friend

Great coaches are great motivators of young men

In Wayne Bennett's memoir he mentions an anecdote where early in his coaching career he signed a talented player with a bad attitude and going nowhere at another club ... as that must surely have been the other coach's fault and that he could fix it. But it transpired that he was wrong, he could not fix it and the player did in fact just have a poor attitude which is why he was performing poorly despite his talent.

The point being that a coach's input can only go so far in getting a player to perform at their best...

With Seibold coming out and saying Schuster is staying and is the staring 5/8 when he is fit and ready
I take it from that he is saying to Schuster if you want it you make it happen , If you let it go well maybe your not the one for that starting position
Seilbold and DCE have come out and also said they have his back so it’s up to him , he has support around him to not blow his opportunities at Manly

In Wayne Bennett's memoir he mentions an anecdote where early in his coaching career he signed a talented player with a bad attitude and going nowhere at another club ... as that must surely have been the other coach's fault and that he could fix it. But it transpired that he was wrong, he could not fix it and the player did in fact just have a poor attitude which is why he was performing poorly despite his talent.

The point being that a coach's input can only go so far in getting a player to perform at their best...
I think that is a really good point. A great coach like Wayne Bennett wouldn’t be able to change a players behaviour unless they want to themselves.

Under-fire from every direction, Manly’s Josh Schuster is “motivated by criticism” and would “absolutely entertain” being re-signed by the Sea Eagles long-term.

And it can also be revealed Sea Eagles teammate Haumole Olakau’atu was given a pay increase for this season worth nearly $200,000.

Schuster has endured another difficult week with critics targeting his attitude, weight and desire.

He wasn’t considered for Friday night’s Magic Round match against Brisbane with an ongoing quad injury and hasn’t been given a definitive return date.

Schuster’s contract for 2023 is worth $600,000 but lifts to $800,000 for next year, the final season of his deal at Brookvale.

“If anything, the criticism motivates Josh. He cops it sweet. He is happy at Manly and has ambitions at Manly to win a premiership. He is definitely staying,” said Schuster’s manager Mario Tartak.

“Clubs can talk to him from November 1 but he is at Manly against next year, 100 per cent. Josh isn’t going anywhere.”

Asked if Schuster could be a long-term Manly player, Tartak said: “I believe so.

“If the clubs want to re-sign Josh before November 1, we will absolutely entertain it.

“He is working his hardest to get back on the field but when he’s back is tricky. It could be next week, it could be the week after.

“I don’t know but it’s definitely not long. He is back running. I think his body just needed a reset to make sure he was ready to go again before hits the field.

“As Daly Cherry-Evans said, we are a better team with Schuster in it.”

Manly struggled last week against Gold Coast without the attacking skills of Schuster and injured fullback Tom Trbojevic.

“We will have ‘Schuey’ back before Origin,” said Cherry-Evans. “I know he won’t be back this week or next week.

“Hopefully he is getting himself right. He’s working really hard at the club. He’s going really well so hopefully (his return) isn’t too far away.”

Olakau’atu, a NSW State of Origin candidate, comes off contract after 2025.

Aware his current deal was modest, given his blockbusting form, Manly agreed to a hefty pay rise for this season.

That figure can be revealed as nearly $200,000.

“Manly gave him an increase this year for 2023,” Tartak said. “It was a gesture of goodwill.

“We haven’t moved on ’24 or ’25. There aren’t any increases for those seasons just yet.

“But we would expect an increase for ’24 and ‘25 and that has been told to me.”

Olakau’atu is poised for another powerhouse display against the Broncos on Friday evening.

Under-fire from every direction, Manly’s Josh Schuster is “motivated by criticism” and would “absolutely entertain” being re-signed by the Sea Eagles long-term.
And it can also be revealed Sea Eagles teammate Haumole Olakau’atu was given a pay increase for this season worth nearly $200,000.

Schuster has endured another difficult week with critics targeting his attitude, weight and desire.

He wasn’t considered for Friday night’s Magic Round match against Brisbane with an ongoing quad injury and hasn’t been given a definitive return date.

Schuster’s contract for 2023 is worth $600,000 but lifts to $800,000 for next year, the final season of his deal at Brookvale.

Poor form and attitutde saw Josh Schuster dropped from the first grade team. Picture: Jeremy Piper

Poor form and attitutde saw Josh Schuster dropped from the first grade team. Picture: Jeremy Piper
“If anything, the criticism motivates Josh. He cops it sweet. He is happy at Manly and has ambitions at Manly to win a premiership. He is definitely staying,” said Schuster’s manager Mario Tartak.

“Clubs can talk to him from November 1 but he is at Manly against next year, 100 per cent. Josh isn’t going anywhere.”

Asked if Schuster could be a long-term Manly player, Tartak said: “I believe so.

“If the clubs want to re-sign Josh before November 1, we will absolutely entertain it.

“He is working his hardest to get back on the field but when he’s back is tricky. It could be next week, it could be the week after.

“I don’t know but it’s definitely not long. He is back running. I think his body just needed a reset to make sure he was ready to go again before hits the field.

Manly struggled last week against Gold Coast without the attacking skills of Schuster and injured fullback Tom Trbojevic.

“We will have ‘Schuey’ back before Origin,” said Cherry-Evans. “I know he won’t be back this week or next week.

“Hopefully he is getting himself right. He’s working really hard at the club. He’s going really well so hopefully (his return) isn’t too far away.”

Aware his current deal was modest, given his blockbusting form, Manly agreed to a hefty pay rise for this season.

“Manly gave him an increase this year for 2023,” Tartak said. “It was a gesture of goodwill.

“We haven’t moved on ’24 or ’25. There aren’t any increases for those seasons just yet.

Olakau’atu is poised for another powerhouse display against the Broncos on Friday evening.
Thanks Will

Very interesting.I wonder if ST members will believe this story because it’s favourable for Manly fans or treat it like other stories.Given there are quotes from Mario and it is Dean Ritchie,who has basically been Zorba’s lapdog for many a decade,I suspect it’s not far from the truth

That post of hers stinks to me. She gets the sack, her brother leaves and then she only has Manly in mind by chastising Schuster on social nedia? Please! It wreaks of agitation. Probably to cause instability to get Shuster to follow her brother to the Tigers.
Then you could say why would he follow the Fulton's after she embarrassed him publicly

Very interesting.I wonder if ST members will believe this story because it’s favourable for Manly fans or treat it like other stories.Given there are quotes from Mario and it is Dean Ritchie,who has basically been Zorba’s lapdog for many a decade,I suspect it’s not far from the truth
Definitely more plausible than some of the other articles. The one bit that I'm skeptical of is Tartak saying he is going nowhere. That is manager speak for 'if you want him it's gonna cost you plenty'.
Hope he gets himself right and stays because he is one of the few players that has the potential to be a bargain at $800k.

Definitely more plausible than some of the other articles. The one bit that I'm skeptical of is Tartak saying he is going nowhere. That is manager speak for 'if you want him it's gonna cost you plenty'.
Hope he gets himself right and stays because he is one of the few players that has the potential to be a bargain at $800k.
At the very least,I suspect it puts to bed a move to the Tigers this season.

What the exact advice given behind closed doors has been we don’t know, but it certainly wasn’t as stinging publicly as the person that had zero reason to go public with any input whatsoever unless it is agenda driven, which there seems to be in the media with this issue from certain parties
if we don’t know what the advice given behind closed doors was, then we must agree that we don’t know that Kristie spoke up because of an ‘agenda’ and we don’t know that what she said was not an accurate summation of what needs to happen…

We can’t have it both ways…if it’s wrong to speculate about what was said behind closed doors to Schu, it’s wrong to speculate that Kristie had no reason to go public. How do you know she doesn’t want to see Josh succeed after all the hard work that was put in? How do you know she hasn’t spent years trying help him realise his potential? We don’t know that she hasn’t tried to speak with him one on one. Further, we post on these forums to have our opinion heard by others; maybe her Twitter post is no different.

You may be right and she may have an agenda, I don’t know…but I’m seeing a lot of posts on the forum lately, where members caution against speculating, only to speculate themselves. It seems it really just depends which side of the fence one sits on, as to what is open for speculation and what cannot be disputed, when in actual fact, no one really knows anything for certain.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8