THIS IS NOT MANLY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry to say it, but I told you so. The problem is the coach...........period.

Does anyone here seriously believe this roster would be in this position with Hasler as coach.

I called it in round 1 and I have seen NOTHING to change my mind. I know the club will stick with him for this year and next, but ultimately this will end in tears.
I wanted to give Barrett a chance, i really did. I didn't expect us to win last night, not with the injuries, but i expect a competitive performance and pride in the jersey. We need a coach that can bring that back to the club.

Well that was fun walking out to the bus at Suncorp Stadium after the game. We were an absolute laughing stock to the other 3 teams. The comments about DCE and how farking hopeless we were is not something I'm used to. I was so embarrassed to have a jersey on. My whole family flew up from the northern beaches for the big battle. The only disappointment was when the Mexican wave stopped. I even stopped watching the game, it just bored me to sobs.

Don't be embarrassed mate. You turned up. You're club has won more in the last 10 years (without cheating).

Think of it like this mate. They only ripped you because of how far we have fallen, because we were so damned good in the past, and they are jealous.

You're a champion for being there for your team.

I truly believe a massive factor is constant changes/disruptions to a new team that has much potential.
I do agree that the teams defence which is usually a mark of attitude....is down by a decent margin...players appear ready to challenge but as the arm wrestle starts....always seem to be the first to give way recently....need to really lift in desire next game, despite missing a few key players....the season is in the balance.

The worry @maxta is Barrett said in the post match he doesn't see many players returning next week.

So it's Manly B team again hahaha...actually, that's not funny..it wasn't funny at all :( sorry.

I went last night and all I say was a bunch of 17 strangers masquerading as a Manly football team. First off Myles is a passenger. Taupau has been camped out on the left with no plan to utilize his talents. He gets the ball flat nearly every time. DCE and his useless no pressure hail mary bombs are a joke for a supposed $1m yr signing. Walker (who where ????) The backs well Tommy T is the only one of first grade standard. BJ and Jake the only forwards who have a dig. This bunch is bereft of any structure in defense or attack. There's no passion no will to win no obvious game plan. Our once mighty team that played for pride and passion is now a souless franchise with a coach who trots out the same programmed glib corporate speak each week. I was embarrassed last night. Walked out with 20 min to go and I never have done that in 40yrs. I'm so despondent at what we've become. Bottom 3 for sure this year.

Mick, stick with it legend. When it does turn, you'll remember this point, and savour it all the more.

That's what makes the actual good times all that better.

I wanted to give Barrett a chance, i really did. I didn't expect us to win last night, not with the injuries, but i expect a competitive performance and pride in the jersey. We need a coach that can bring that back to the club.

Agree. We need a Manly man at the helm. I was sooooo dumb to ride Toovey like I did.

I should have never looked a gift horse in the mouth.

Bull****! Coaching is everything! Great Coaches that understand the game are able to develop good players into great players and give the average players a simple role to carry out. Anyone who has coached league at a decent level can see that Barrett has no structure and the team are completely rudderless. Even with injuries we have a good side, a lot better than last year, but i can't see even small improvement week to week. Its scary.

Do you consider Bennett a great coach?

His time at Newcastle was a shambles, he can only do it with a ton of junior talent coming through.

2016 is all but gone I expect us to lose the next 3 and a lot more for the rest of the year.

Sharks-Lose
Raiders-Lose
Panthers at Brookie-Lose
Titans-Lose
Cowboys-Lose
Dragons at Brookie-Win
Warriors-Win
Rabbits-Lose
Knights at Brookie-Win
Eels-Lose
Dogs-Lose
Storm at Brookie-Lose
Raiders at Brookie-Win
Panthers-Lose

Sorry folks not enough games at home and too many injuries and the team is just horrible especially the backline 2016 is all but gone.

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

TB and Cartwright,total joke,if they were of any use they would be at their respective ex clubs,bring back Tooves or Hasler or even Cliffy,just get some sort of wanting to play in our colours.as for evans,pfffft

I was sitting in the corner near the fence last night and paid close attention to the boys after points were scored against them in the second half. They are like a pack of strangers. Someone other than Killer needs to step up and lead this team.

Forget about injuries, we could have had our best 17 out there last night and the result would have been the same.

It all looked so good on paper before the season kicked off and now there is a sense of impending disaster.

Great Coaches that understand the game are able to develop good players into great players and give the average players a simple role to carry out. .

Sadly, 2 problems we have with this......no good players to make great and no average players to do simple things.....

only kidding!!!, I think you are quite right about what makes great coaches, I'm just a little bit skewed about paying a million for a $5 kicking game.....

There is nothing wrong with losing ! The problem is the brand of football we are playing is rubbish ! Head less chicken style football ! There is a differance between optimism and realism ! They are all professional's and still a decent side on paper ! There is no excuses ! Someone needs to be held accountable !

Both starting Front Rowers made the least amount of run metres with the ball of from all the teams played so far this round.Ministry of defence looks like it's been burnt down.

So a team like the Titans have great culture?

How do you explain the Melbourne Storm? I hate them but they have a winning culture. The Warriors have a losing culture. The Bulldogs had lost their culture and that is why they tried to buy Manly's. You can't say culture is under-rated. Oh, and the Roosters have no culture. All they have is money. That is why they need to play in 5 grand finals before they win one.

Did we not also have a damn good football team..

The football teams that usually win are also the teams with the 'culture'

Might be a coincidence but usually the better players at that time as well
The bulk of that side were in the struggling re-build period of 03-06 until we hit our straps. They could have all been nothing, but they bought into the culture installed by Hasler and were a 'team'.

That out there these days is not a 'team'. They're a bunch of blokes playing social touch and waiting for moments of individual efforts to lift them. It is a deep, dark place and someone needs to be accountable for this mentality on display.

Any reason why Jamie Buhrer was playing reserve grade. He puts in every time he plays and does all the 1 percenters.
He bloody well better be in first grade next week.

Imo. Make him joint captain with Jamie.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4