THIS IS NOT MANLY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have to say, they play like they are uncoached. There is zero game plan. Its dull and boring to watch
Tom is a much better fullback than hiku. Tom can ball play and the reason Tom had a quiet game last night is because DCE and walker were too busy trying to play themselves into origin like cherry and walker wanted to score tries him self. The boys need to realise NRL is a team sport.

Tom has potential i agree ! Hiku was a utility that could cover many positions and World Champion KIWI !

There was room for both !

Tom has potential i agree ! Hiku was a utility that could cover many positions and World Champion KIWI !

There was room for both !
Tom has potential? He has already shown he is a better player than hiku in handful of games. Tom is faster, safer under the high ball, better in defence.

Tom has potential? He has already shown he is a better player than hiku in handful of games. Tom is faster, safer under the high ball, better in defence.

i love Tom, but guess what mate ? There are 4 other back line positions we need cover for mate ! DO we have 4 Tom Turbos ?

So, remind me why we cut players and coach again? I misunderstood the motivations for changes, and didn't realise it was so we could sink to the bottom and start from there...
You must have missed the memo marked Commercial In Confidence.

The one which listed all those inside the club who had looked sideways at ZtH over the previous decade, who had to go. That is the people that knew what a fraud he was as media manager and...cough...Sea Eagles legend...

Last edited:
Tom is a much better fullback than hiku. Tom can ball play and the reason Tom had a quiet game last night is because DCE and walker were too busy trying to play themselves into origin like cherry and walker wanted to score tries him self. The boys need to realise NRL is a team sport.
He was probably still carrying an injury too.

We are not seeing the best of Tom T. this year. He's obviously troubled by an ongoing injury that I understand is to be operated on in the off season. If we can get young Tom Wright onto the field next year as 5/8 (he apparently had a good first hit up in U20s and can kick big goals) and a fit Tom T at full back and Walker in the centre, we have the beginnings of a decent backline.

Forget this year. Its just a learning curve. We arent in the game and will take a miracle to compete against the top teams. Next year is when I think we'll start to move.

Sorry, Manly will not get close to beating or competing against Storm/Bellamy, Broncos/Bennett, Cowboys/Green this year like we did with Toov's ! Not many coaches can beat the likes of Ballamy/Bennett ! Toovey could !!!

That will be the true indicator of the potential of coaching staff and recruitment 2016 !

We had MASSIVE off field distraction's last year MASSIVE, combined with Foran tanking for 2 years ! Brett Stewart's always missed 6-10 games a year ! Matai's always missed 4-10 games a year ! Cherry and Foz were also busted last year But we managed !
You do know we were 4 and 11 last year...

I have been to every game this year bar 1,the Cowboys game.What I am seeing cannot be coached.We are dropping perfectly good passes.We give away stupid penalties in positions that give the opposition the ball on our line.We get to our feet to play the ball and drop it coldly.This has nothing to do with the coach.This is how I am seeing it,this is what is happening.We can't do this and expect to win when we are GIVING the ball away.Its not as if we have not had any chances.Forget the coach,injuries and god knows what else.For what I have seen the players have to fix these 3 MAJOR problems themselves as the coach cannot correct this.Simple solution is the players have to step up,it's as simple as that.I have been at the games and have seen this school boy stuff week in and week out.As soon as these 3 problems are fixed then we can look at winning games because at the moment we are living in fantasy land.

Last edited:
Doesn't excuse this one mate. In fact, should have the opposite affect on results.
No excuses here

My point is that we have been injured and average for a couple of years. Last year , when we got over our injuries , we went on that run that saw us almost make the 8 - and there is no reason why that could not happen again this year

Watching your beloved team be uncompetitive is soul destroying. I pulled my Manly jersey off last night and threw it on the ground. Hard! I was even flicking over to the Swans game FFS. I just can't get enthused by their mediocre performances.

Completely understand mate, and completely with you on that. I have a Fox remote that walked the Green Mile, and needed a funeral today because of that damned game. Another $70 bucks gorn.

I have nothing against any player individually but for the team's sake I'm still trying to work out which genius decided Lewis Brown and Nathan Green were more important to us than Peta Hiku and Clint Gutherson.

How do you explain the Melbourne Storm? I hate them but they have a winning culture. The Warriors have a losing culture. The Bulldogs had lost their culture and that is why they tried to buy Manly's. You can't say culture is under-rated. Oh, and the Roosters have no culture. All they have is money. That is why they need to play in 5 grand finals before they win one.
There is more culture in a tub of yoghurt than at manly stm

Do you consider Bennett a great coach?

His time at Newcastle was a shambles, he can only do it with a ton of junior talent coming through.
It doesn't matter how good a coach is if you don't have the cattle you won't do much. Barrett has a much better team than Bennett did with the Knights. Bennett, Hasler or Bellamy would have this Manly side playing better than we are currently.

Watching your beloved team be uncompetitive is soul destroying. I pulled my Manly jersey off last night and threw it on the ground. Hard! I was even flicking over to the Swans game FFS. I just can't get enthused by their mediocre performances.

I live in Bulldog territory mate ! And i am so disgusted i was thinking of supporting the dogs just to get back at the Penns
I have nothing against any player individually but for the team's sake I'm still trying to work out which genius decided Lewis Brown and Nathan Green were more important to us than Peta Hiku and Clint Gutherson.

The owners of the Club ! I run a small business mate ! I am responsible for my employee's retention and recruitment ! Penns have had ownernership for a long time ! They call the shots

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6