THIS IS NOT MANLY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if we were Manly when last year, at the same stage, we were 3 & 7...in fact we got to 4 wins in round 15.

Was it the coach?

Maybe the support staff?

No it must be the fitness coach......

Or the fact that, much like last year, we have had a massive injury toll which caused instability in the team. Are we a team that will win the comp this year? Not likely.

Is that unmanly like? Yes but lets not kid ourselves that this is a new problem this year and not one that arguably started towards the end of 2014

massive clean up was not needed ! we got rid our strong player's and brought in lewis brown and Nate Myles ! whoever continues to stick up for the Penns and Fulton garbage are in denial ! or suffering PTSD
don't forget the forgettable Nathan Green

This is not Manly cause we are not dominating teams like we did from one of our golden era's from 2007 to 2013 ??
We have a new team, coaching staff A board with there own agenda
We expect instant results from this? .Do we forget the years that Des had to build his side to the dominate i quoted above
We haven't been able to put a consistent spine on the paddock all year , We have had short turnarounds with little training runs now injuries compounding the the way we play
The last 2 games we have played the the grand finalist of 2015
and at times competed well against them only to fall away which i put down to the above reasons
The calls for get rid of this great player and that great player does not sit well with me but that's my opinion
Till we can get a consistent playing group on the field week in week out i'll reserve my judgement on this playing group and the coach
While i won't be happy about the way we loose some games but i'm going to be patient and see what this team can be capable of and that means Walker at 5/8 Stewart at full back and Matai , Lyon as our centre's

I never though I'd ever look back on 2015 fondly, but right now I do. 2015 was much more Manly than 2016 has ever been.
2015 was the last time Manly played.
How sad. This club has been hijacked.
NYEagle

This is not Manly cause we are not dominating teams like we did from one of our golden era's from 2007 to 2013 ??
We have a new team, coaching staff A board with there own agenda
We expect instant results from this? .Do we forget the years that Des had to build his side to the dominate i quoted above
We haven't been able to put a consistent spine on the paddock all year , We have had short turnarounds with little training runs now injuries compounding the the way we play
The last 2 games we have played the the grand finalist of 2015
and at times competed well against them only to fall away which i put down to the above reasons
The calls for get rid of this great player and that great player does not sit well with me but that's my opinion
Till we can get a consistent playing group on the field week in week out i'll reserve my judgement on this playing group and the coach
While i won't be happy about the way we loose some games but i'm going to be patient and see what this team can be capable of and that means Walker at 5/8 Stewart at full back and Matai , Lyon as our centre's

Last year we smashed Broncos by 30 at Gosford ! And lost against the Cowboys in North Queensland in the final seconds ! And we beat Storm in Melbourne !

what does that say about our staff and roster of 2015 ?

Even though we are in a better (all be it still not great) place than last year?

I think energetically we were better last year .... at least I don't remember feeling quite this despondent ...:(

Last year we smashed Broncos by 30 at Gosford ! And lost against the Cowboys in North Queensland in the final seconds ! And we beat Storm in Melbourne !

That they are concurring the same problems as this years squad ?

We also lost to Broncos by 34 points last year and to Cowboys at Brookie by 18 points, I understand that this year is no fairytale but please let's not act like last year with Tooves at the helm we were doing any better, we were coming dead last. And if you want to use injuries as an excuse for last year then use them as an excuse for this year as well.

That they are concurring the same problems as this years squad ?

Sorry, Manly will not get close to beating or competing against Storm/Bellamy, Broncos/Bennett, Cowboys/Green this year like we did with Toov's ! Not many coaches can beat the likes of Ballamy/Bennett ! Toovey could !!!

That will be the true indicator of the potential of coaching staff and recruitment 2016 !

We had MASSIVE off field distraction's last year MASSIVE, combined with Foran tanking for 2 years ! Brett Stewart's always missed 6-10 games a year ! Matai's always missed 4-10 games a year ! Cherry and Foz were also busted last year But we managed !

Last edited:
Yeah, but the anger and frustration is exactly because we made all the changes we made to address the "poor performance" of last year, and we are still getting the same ****e... (that was meant to be addressed by the changes... you know... the whole reason of sacking Tooves)... lol

Sorry, Manly will not get close to beating or competing against Storm/Bellamy, Broncos/Bennett, Cowboys/Green this year like we did with Toov's ! Not many coaches can beat the likes of Ballamy/Bennett ! Toovey could !!!

That will be the true indicator of the potential of coaching staff and recruitment 2016 !

We had MASSIVE off field distraction's last year MASSIVE, combined with Foran tanking for 2 years ! Brett Stewart's always missed 6-10 games a year ! Matai's always missed 4-10 games a year ! Cherry and Foz were also busted last year But we managed !
I understand your point But We cant change what we have now i think we have to be patient with this squad we are starting from the bottom in terms of squad and direction
It would have been great to See Tooves with this squad but unfortunately it aint going to happen

All we needed was a couple of forwards eventually a new 6 and the problem would of been solved ! Instead of this clean out rubbish ! Fancy sacking Andrew Johns the biggest footy brain in the business ! disgrace

We use to win matches without Brett Stewart in 2013/2014 his replacement was Peta Hiku

I wonder if we were Manly when last year, at the same stage, we were 3 & 7...in fact we got to 4 wins in round 15.

Was it the coach?

Maybe the support staff?

No it must be the fitness coach......

Or the fact that, much like last year, we have had a massive injury toll which caused instability in the team. Are we a team that will win the comp this year? Not likely.

Is that unmanly like? Yes but lets not kid ourselves that this is a new problem this year and not one that arguably started towards the end of 2014

As long as the fans stick solid!

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
I understand your point But We cant change what we have now i think we have to be patient with this squad we are starting from the bottom in terms of squad and direction
It would have been great to See Tooves with this squad but unfortunately it aint going to happen
So, remind me why we cut players and coach again? I misunderstood the motivations for changes, and didn't realise it was so we could sink to the bottom and start from there...

All we needed was a couple of forwards eventually a new 6 and the problem would of been solved ! Instead of this clean out rubbish ! Fancy sacking Andrew Johns the biggest footy brain in the business ! disgrace

We use to win matches without Brett Stewart in 2013/2014 his replacement was Peta Hiku

Tom is a much better fullback than hiku. Tom can ball play and the reason Tom had a quiet game last night is because DCE and walker were too busy trying to play themselves into origin like cherry and walker wanted to score tries him self. The boys need to realise NRL is a team sport.

So, remind me why we cut players and coach again? I misunderstood the motivations for changes, and didn't realise it was so we could sink to the bottom and start from there...
You would have to ask the powers in charge there but then you would only get a the usual spin from them
But as i said we cant change what we have now and just have get behind the team and once we can get a more settled line up i do think we will start to see better results but we are a long way off at the moment

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6