Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MadMarcus said:
Clint said:
globaleagle said:
Class of 96 said:
What is pyramid quoting?

Ah, all good. Just consulted the Urban Dictionary.

Shocking crime that (and can see how it pisses people off :)

I know! Can be really annoying hey!

heehee :angel:

what can?

Quoting pyramids. They rarely offer a constructive comment on anything.

Ah shudup you old Giza!

So the debate still revolves around "is this the blackest day in Aussie sport" or is it a "political stunt".
Now, I am not a political guru by any stretch. So not for a minute do I want to get involved in a political debate with anyone, but, if this is not "the blackest day in Aussie sport", what is???
This ASADA investigation is pretty far reaching, and has now had huge ramifications for the two biggest winter sporting codes in Australia.
But was Trevor Chappell underarm worse? Fine Cotton? The super league war?

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
The trafficking probably means other NRL players will soon be gone too.

Who know how much trafficking they are talking about. He was 21 or 22 when all this was supposed to be going on. Would players in their mid 20s or older seriously risk getting a possibly banned substance from a 21 or 22 year old player?

Clint said:
So the debate still revolves around "is this the blackest day in Aussie sport" or is it a "political stunt".
Now, I am not a political guru by any stretch. So not for a minute do I want to get involved in a political debate with anyone, but, if this is not "the blackest day in Aussie sport", what is???
This ASADA investigation is pretty far reaching, and has now had huge ramifications for the two biggest winter sporting codes in Australia.
But was Trevor Chappell underarm worse? Fine Cotton? The super league war?

Losing the ashes

Still irrationally obsessed with all this HH? Still twisting facts to fit your wild imagination? lol

Once again, it is no surprise that you have totally misrepresented my assertion. My assertion was always that rational people would wait and see what is revealed before forming any judgements on what ASADA had, or did not have. You are free to continue shooting from the hip about things you do not know HH. Just watch those holes in your feet grow.

Brissie Kid said:
The trafficking probably means other NRL players will soon be gone too.

Who know how much trafficking they are talking about. He was 21 or 22 when all this was supposed to be going on. Would players in their mid 20s or older seriously risk getting a possibly banned substance from a 21 or 22 year old player?

From what I've read there is no allegation he gave drugs to any other NRL player. He apparently transported drugs from the doctor who injected him for his shoulder reco recovery to Danks office. That could be enough to constitute a trafficking charge.

So now they're saying Earl is going to fight these charges. Wasn't it reported that he admitted to all this ?? Confused.

Earl has vehemently denied providing banned substances to other NRL players. ARLC chief executive Dave Smith said the 23-year-old admitted the charges and accepted his punishment.

Earl's lawyer, Tim Unsworth, said his client was treated with the drug by Dr Ijaz Khan, on the referral of Dank, to treat shoulder injuries at a private clinic in Cabramatta called Injury Care. Unsworth said the Penrith Panthers paid the medical bills.

''Dank referred him there,'' Unsworth said. ''Sandor met Dank at the Penrith club because at the time he appeared to be a consultant to the club. He met him in the Penrith gym.''

Unsworth said his client had provided ''reasonable assistance'' to his interrogators, which could see him back on the field in 12 months. He confirmed Earl had provided information on Dank and Khan during his interviews with ASADA, the latest of which was on August 27. ''He has not been in communication with Dank for a long time,'' Unsworth said.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bombers-link-to-nrl-charges-20130829-2stq3.html

Whereas the Daily Terror has gone off screeching its the tip of the iceberg.

Why NRL and its players ever have any contact with the DT is beyond me. Absolute lowest of lows that tabloid.

The Front Page hysterical and libelous 'Drug Dealer' headline will have Sandor's Lawyers salivating. :mad:

The colloquial connotation of drugs is that they are the illegal drugs.
Peptides are not illegal, just subjectively banned by Sporting Bodies :mad:

The NRL should not have had the announcement till the full course of Sandor's charges and his legal defence was completed.
They need to clarify the term 'trafficking' quick smart, as this Kid is in more need of therapy than the snorters/gamblers/alcoholics IMO :angel:

Seems under the WADA definitions & code "trafficking" is the right word for what is alleged, but the NRL should have been smarter than that & used a different word or just plain come out & said what he is accused of.

Instead all people hear are "banned drugs", "illegal drugs" and "trafficking".

Some of the comments from people in the media today that the players should be worried about jail are ridiculous.

You wonder if many people in the RL media are really really dumb or are they just deliberate stirrers hyping up to get headlines and clicks.

What we know from what we see day after day is that most in the RL media don't put the sport first in the way rugby, soccer & AFL media do.

When they have trashed RL to point it is a dying sport they will move to working in other sports. They don't care about league at all most of them.

Go back to where this thread Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295 started. Now see it is repeated here today. Seems to put it before 2011.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/earl-will-provide-substantial-assistance-but-not-in-relation-to-fellow-players/story-e6frfkp9-1226706989687

The immediate reaction was that his sanction represented the start, rather than the end, of an already painstaking process. Players would now fall like dominos.

Not so. Earl will provide substantial assistance, but not in relation to fellow players.

Earl won't be bringing Cronulla down, but CJC-1295 just might. An independent report into Cronulla, commissioned by the club, alleged Sharks players were found to have used the substance before the club's round-four game against New Zealand Warriors in March 2011.

Further allegations were made of players rubbing creams into their forearms from bright orange tubes labelled CJC-1295 before the game against North Queensland later that year.

There were also allegations CJC-1295 was used by some players at Manly when Steve Dank was at the club prior to 2011. The drug is also at the centre of the allegations against AFL club Essendon.

In the charge sheet recently released by the AFL against Essendon, one of the key figures in the investigation, Shane Charter, was alleged to have returned from a visit to China with the raw materials for CJC-1295 during December 2011.

Another AFL player, Nathan Bock, has revealed his concern that he may have been injected with CJC-1295 in December 2010 under the assumption that it was a legal amino acid.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/earl-will-provide-substantial-assistance-but-not-in-relation-to-fellow-players/story-e6frfkp9-1226706989687

The media's unrestrained and undefined use of the word "trafficking" serves their objective of causing wildly irrational emotional reactions in the public. But does it match the facts?

The thinking person looks behind the agendas that organisations like News Ltd have - and is approriately skeptical about what they report, how they report it, and what agendas drive both of these things.

Official Statement regarding comments in the Telegraph
Friday 30 August 2013 11:01 AM

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=news-display&id=83257

Panthers are very disappointed with the inaccurate and misleading story in today’s Daily Telegraph.

Panthers have been cooperating; including providing receipts for what the club believes is legitimate treatment of the player.

Panthers are taking legal action because of damage to their reputation and because of the misleading and untrue allegations.

We will be making no further comment, as it is now a legal matter.

I cant see why people care what the DT said.So the guy is a complete innocent because the DT makes their usual hash of reporting a story?Yeah right.

THE FACT HERE IS that this fool has been hit with a breach notice based on the evidence collected and not what the DT says. I severely doubt the NRL would issue their first infraction notice on a whim. It is his right to fight it or cop it. If anyone wants to back him to beat the charge please give me a call so I can accommodate the bet.

He should also be served a breach notice for being the best mate of another dickhead called Blake - which in my opinion is a crime as serious as drug cheating.

Rex said:
Very funny HH. You must think silvertails readers all idiots to believe that puerile spiel.

Essendon negotiated a $2m fine, exclusion from the final series and loss of draft picks for two years because they admitted they had sloppy records? lol.

Hird negotiated a personal one year suspension because of the same, and he doesn't even keep the records. Not to mention the assistant coach negotiating a personal $30k fine. etc. lol.

The other 17 clubs and the players association supported the decision. The AFL were unambiguous about guilt, including endangerment of players.

Too hard to admit you painted yourself into an uncomfortable corner HH?

Essendon negotiated nothing - the penalties were decided beforehand and given out. Essendon is as hated by the AFL as Manly is. If you think the NRL clubs won't band together to give it to Manly in exactly the same way then you are dreaming. Watch this space.

I still agree with HH. ASADA has produced zip and the charge of 'bringing the game into disrepute" is still a joke. Fitzsimons and his ilk all fall into line with condemnation before evidence.

Rex said:
The media's unrestrained and undefined use of the word "trafficking" serves their objective of causing wildly irrational emotional reactions in the public. But does it match the facts?

The thinking person looks behind the agendas that organisations like News Ltd have - and is approriately skeptical about what they report, how they report it, and what agendas drive both of these things.

What agenda drove the original press conference? I'll easily admit being wrong when ASADA puts up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8