Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Carney would know it's last chance saloon IF he came back to the NRL and his 1st year with the Chooks after being banished was sensational.
I'd have him on a one year deal and if he ****'s up again we've not lost a whole lot but on the flipside look at Myles, Friend and to a lesser degree Dugan, they've come back and prospered..
Yes, he's had 3 clubs but....there'll always be a contract somewhere for someone of his quality.
And we all love a redemption story, don't we?

Say NO to Carney
Say NO to Sandow

Please - this talk is really disturbing.

Both players have pea hearts. There is a reason why neither have ever won anything

Both are rubbish.

Please stop bothering me with these disturbing discussions.

NYEagle

Say NO to Carney
Say NO to Sandow

Please - this talk is really disturbing.

Both players have pea hearts. There is a reason why neither have ever won anything

Both are rubbish.

Please stop bothering me with these disturbing discussions.

NYEagle
rubbish.....that is certainly not the reason they havent won anything.

here's some names....nathan hindmarsh, trent barrett, stacey jones, wayne pearce. No premierships.

I think offering Todd Carney a 1 year contract wouldn't be a bad thing, and I think realistically a 1 year contract is all he can expect from any NRL club willing to take him on. He would know that he is on his last chance and that if he blows it then his NRL career would be well and truly over.

I'd take him over Sandow or Hodkinson any day.

Sandow left Souffs and went to the Speels on a big dollar (rumoured to be around $500k per year) contract and has basically been a flop. Hodkinson moved from us to the Scumdogs and while he's won Origin and played in GF's, I have serious doubts over his creativity and his knees.

Carney has played Origin, GF's and is a former Dally M Player of the Year. I'd honestly try to be signing him before I even think about Sandow or Hodkinson, or other rumoured targets such as Grub Reynolds.

Wouldn't mind Carney on a one year deal. Always thought that the bubbler issue whilst not being the most savoury action was blown way out of proportion by the media looking for another head to chop, I mean really, who really cares! He seemed to be on the straight and narrow before that blew up.

Last edited:
Carney is too injury prone, and would be lucky to actually play in more than 12 rounds of a 26 round contract. And after all the stuff he's done, seeing him in a Manly jersey would be embarrassing for the club and its fans. A big NO from me.

I think offering Todd Carney a 1 year contract wouldn't be a bad thing, and I think realistically a 1 year contract is all he can expect from any NRL club willing to take him on. He would know that he is on his last chance and that if he blows it then his NRL career would be well and truly over.

I'd take him over Sandow or Hodkinson any day.

Sandow left Souffs and went to the Speels on a big dollar (rumoured to be around $500k per year) contract and has basically been a flop. Hodkinson moved from us to the Scumdogs and while he's won Origin and played in GF's, I have serious doubts over his creativity and his knees.

Carney has played Origin, GF's and is a former Dally M Player of the Year. I'd honestly try to be signing him before I even think about Sandow or Hodkinson, or other rumoured targets such as Grub Reynolds.
I don't think there's a better half back in the game when Sandow is on song, he's definitely a game changer. I've seen it too many times over the past 2 years. He always seems to save his best game for when he plays us.

I don't think there's a better half back in the game when Sandow is on song, he's definitely a game changer. I've seen it too many times over the past 2 years. He always seems to save his best game for when he plays us.
When he's on song he's a star. Trouble is he's out of tune three games out of every four. Consistency has always been his problem.

[QUOTE="HoldenV8, post: 678742, member: 6421

Sandow left Souffs and went to the Speels on a big dollar (rumoured to be around $500k per year) contract and has basically been a flop.[/QUOTE]

550K actually

If we do go after Todd Carney I don't think we"ll get him here on anything less than a 3 year contract and decent coin. It's a gamble but given our current situation we"d be crazy not to at least consider all options.

Wouldn't mind Carney on a one year deal. Always thought that the bubbler issue whilst not being the most savoury action was blown way out of proportion by the media looking for another head to chop, I mean really, who really cares! He seemed to be on the straight and narrow before that blew up.
I agree completely. For those who don't understand the bubbler incident, as unsavory as the photos appeared it was just an optical illusion akin to when you fake picking your nose by pushing your finger up one side of your nose so as to appear as though you have put it in your nose. The real crime in all of this was his so called mate who uploaded the photo to social media.

I'm not anti Carney but is big draw back in my books is he is not an organiser. When he has been at his most successful is when someone else has been the conductor.

On the behaviour side. The misdemeanours I know of were just stupid stuff that ended up not hurting anyone else. Oh and the urine did not hit the mouth, if that matters.

I can't see Carney coming home for a 1 year deal when he has a 3 year deal at Catalans at bigger money than we would offer him.

Ask any insurance company and they'll tell you males under 25 and males over 25 are very different risks when it comes to stupid and reckless behaviour.

This is because male brains don't fully develop until the late 20s in the prefrontal cortex. The prefrontal cortex controls sound decision making.

Look at the Gallens, Birds, Matais, etc and you'll tend to see more sound decision making in their latter years than their earlier years. Statistically, age-wise, there is far more chance of Todd being mouldable into a team player now than ever before. Alcohol is probably the biggest threat because it disables prefrontal cortex control.
Is that you Technical Coach?

Keating released by dragons, hopefully he is not in our sites because, well that's not a great option

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8