Tooves has absolutely torn the refs a new one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tooves didn't unload with both barrels at the refs last night, he launched an all out artillery bombardment!! And for good reason. Matai scores and that game is almost won with the score 14-6 with the kick to come, the momentum is completely in our favor. Perenara incorrectly calling it a no-try and sending it upstairs killed that momentum off almost completely. We were in control of the game at that point, even if we were being hammered in the penalty count. That no-try call was the turning point of the game.

There is an article that currently asks if Ricky Stuart is a protected species. I think at times the same can be asked of Greg Inglis. Shoulder to Matai's head during the 'no-try' - unchecked. Side on replay from the eastern side of the ground showed him offside chasing Adam Reynolds kick (even Gus Gould saw that one) - yet that view was only seen once and on the evidence from the main camera, some 35m behind the play and back at an angle, he was deemed onside and awarded the try. Stays down after Horo's legal tackle and next thing we know, JH is on report for a high tackle, on the advice of the video ref. Funny how Inglis, staying down because he supposedly copped a high shot, was perfectly ok after that though......

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey-faces-double-sanction-for-blow-up/story-fni3gnk1-1226699008153
Manly Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey faces double sanction for blow up
David Riccio, The Sunday Telegraph August 18, 2013

MANLY coach Geoff Toovey is in danger of being hit with more than just a $10,000 fine for his stunning attack on the standard of refereeing in his side’s loss to South Sydney on Friday night.

The seething Sea Eagles coach is also facing disciplinary action and a further fine for commenting on Rabbitohs prop Jeff Lima’s controversial "leg twist’ tackle on Manly’s Anthony Watmough, which was placed on report by match officials (video below).

Under NRL guidelines coaches are not permitted to make comment on incidents that finish on report.

Lima is facing his own form of punishment from the match review committee with former representative stars Gorden Tallis and Ryan Girdler calling for the Kiwi international to be suspended for a month.

Watmough’s Manly teammate George Rose also described the tackle as “dangerous’’ and “grubby”.

The Lima tackle and one of the greatest post-match spray’s ever seen from Toovey will be investigated by the NRL match review committee Monday. The NRL will request a full transcript of the post-match press conference from Fox Sports.

Toovey was livid at the 10-5 penalty count against his team with his onslaught starting over a controversial no-try ruling that went against Steve Matai when the Sea Eagles were leading 10-6.

“Let’s talk about the real turning point. Let’s talk about the no try, Steve Matai held up,” Toovey said.

“Unless I’m blind, I can see the ball on the ground so what was the decision?

“Can someone answer me that? Someone?

“C’mon. C’mon, that’s ridiculous.

“There’s got to be an investigation into this.

“Someone has to be accountable for this. And they have got to be accountable for the penalty count - 10-5 and there were a couple of even-up ones at the end.”

On Lima’s leg-pull, Toovey said: “Everyone knew Anthony Watmough’s knee was injured coming into the game and now it looks like we may miss him because of that.

“I don't know if it was targeted or not but geez it was suspicious.”

NRL head of football Todd Greenberg confirmed Toovey’s comments directed at both the standard of refereeing and Lima’s tackle would now come under the NRL microscope.

“Comments made by coaches will be reviewed and digested on Monday. I won’t speculate beforehand,’’ Greenberg said.

“Coaches are acutely aware they’re not permitted to comment on issues that have been placed on report and that are subject to the match review committee.

“I understand that emotion plays a part in games, particularly for coaches after games but that’s not an excuse. It never has been previously and won’t be in the future.’’

Greenberg disagreed with Toovey that the match officials cost Manly two valuable premiership points.

“We should be talking today about what was an absorbing contest between the Rabbits and Manly, in front of a sellout crowd of 20,000-plus. We should be focused on the quality of that contest, the skill and the fact that it was a game that is probably going to be a prelude to what is shaping as a finals series match-up.

“But instead that focus is applied to match officials and in my view that doesn’t grow our game, it doesn’t engage our fans or members.

“Don’t get me wrong I’m not suggesting that match officials are perfect, far from it. But like players they work hard on performance and accountability. But suggesting the match officials last night solely determined the result of the match, that’s not accurate and its not correct."

Former representative stars Gorden Tallis and Ryan Girdler slammed the Lima tackle, calling for the Souths prop to be banned for a month.

“It’s a dangerous part of our sport at the moment. What Jeff Lima did was pretty poor,’’ Girdler said on Triple M.

“They (the NRL) need to be serious about what they do. Could you imagine if it was Greg Inglis’ knee and someone on the Manly side had targeted his knee.’’

Tallis added: “With that tackle and what Jeff Lima did there’s only one intention and that’s to hurt him.

“I would give him four (weeks). I don’t like it one little bit.’’

Rose said Watmough was “filthy” with Lima while adding that no Manly player would intentionally perform such an ugly tackle.
-------------------------------------------------

Bennet had a go not so long ago about the cannonball tackle - he was not sanctioned by a sanctimonious Greenturd :mad:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/outlaw-the-cannonball-tackle-says-bennett-20130601-2nj9o.html
Newcastle coach Wayne Bennett has urged the NRL to ban the ''cannonball'' tackle after Alex McKinnon was stretchered from the field after a contentious tackle from South Sydney's Nathan Peats.
After his side's 25-18 loss to the Rabbitohs on Saturday night, Bennett made a desperate plea to the NRL to ban the controversial tackle that he believes is ''cheating the fans'' and endangering players.
''That's the third injury we have got this year from that tackle,'' Bennett said.
So we have Luke, Peats and Lima - seems like a South's strategy to target the knees of players :mad:

2V never said that Manly lost the two points due to the inept Referees, he merely highlighted the effect that they had on the flow of the game :cool:

Typical
The NRL force clubs into press conferences then the question askers (wont call them journos ) ask them ridiculous questions to entrap them
Next presser should all be no comment

If 2V gets fined, he should pay it all in $1 coins and write 'greenturd's a wanker' on each one.

Oh, and post each one in 'postage due' to nrl headquarters.

The NRL has forced the post match interview for the benefit of headlines and nothing else.

The Clubs need to band together and demand that these press conferences be indemnified from any NRL charges.

Otherwise, 2v should take the Bennet/Hasler undertaker's approach and grunt incoherently to every question. :idea:

So now that prat Greenturd gets to sit in judgement against all other clubs , in particularly us . Tooves will cop a 10k fine from this piece of faeces just because he can .

Man, I hate Greenburg. Here's hoping karma plays a genuine role in the workings of the universe, because that smug little prick's fall is going to be spectacular.

So Toovey & other coaches can't comment on referees or on what went on report...But a NRL senior staff member can pre comment on a review & penalties of a coach's comments? What an absolute farce.

I don't think he shouldn't get a fine. The only dubious part was the reference to the couple of 'even-up' penalties at the end of the game.

C'mon BE, Toovey is a highly rated former NRMA board member, chartered accountant and leader so he is big enough to be asked questions. It's how he handles the heat and his reaction. The journos must have thought he was absolute gold and the meltdown just kept them going. It would have been hilarious compared to the usual we played good, bad stuff.

Unfortunately many people will mistake Toovey's emotion as evidence of him attacking referees integrity.

If you read his words instead of watching & listenting to them, he doesn't warrant any sanction.

I applaud Tooves for speaking his mind and telling it how it is. Darren would you prefer the one word answers from dick heads like bennett or a bit of passion from Tooves? He obviously cares for his club and his players. Bennett has become extremely Wealthy on the back of the NRL but continues to snub the fans who are the lifeblood of the game. Tooves I salute you!

Sorry Darren you have proved yourself to be nothing but a troll.
We won 6 games in a row and you had not posted since the night of the first win against parra despite being on here almost everyday.
Then as soon as we lose you are on here with your snide sarcastic comments.

If that's how you get your kicks mate I pity you immensely.

The Thing is about forums like this we all enjoy the freedom to express our opinions which I respect your right to post the inane dribble you do. But as of now I'm exercising my right to choose what I read and your posts will no longer fit in that category.

After the Souths Manly Clash at Brookie Maguire came out the next morning saying the NRL needs to do something to protect players heads and how Greggie was dumped on his head. Richie was on report for these dives of GI's. His comments were not slammed by the NRl. I am sure they prejudiced any possible defence Richie and Manly may have been considering at the time.
Maguire would have known Inglis had perfected the dive impersonating a spear tackle.

I wrote a filthy E-mail to the NRL about Greenburg. He's a sleezy, slimy little man who associated himself with men who have player agent licenses revoked. A man who according to various articles, such as https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Flegal-eagles-sit-on-damaging-emails%2Fstory-e6frexnr-1226335147557&ei=6BEQUomkFoehigfshoAQ&usg=AFQjCNFpsw90072rIfgX_L-aDeszCTUMEw suggests he colludes with officials of clubs to break contracts. An article that suggests he has strong associations with gentleman like George Mimis https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxsports.com.au%2Fleague%2Fnrl-premiership%2Fnrl-player-manager-george-mimis-set-to-appeal-six-month-ban-over-melbourne-storm-salary-cap-scandal%2Fstory-fn2mcuj6-1226339250705&ei=qBIQUuebF-KoiAfQgoDQBg&usg=AFQjCNEgvtOgW5sszfS_MNIqwgeqcx9OsQ&bvm=bv.50768961,d.aGc

I'm sorry, but how can this grub be in any position of authority, especially when it comes to any disparity that may occur on the field, when associated with The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

How can he be paraphrased in an article about letting the situation with Toovey run its coarse, but two, three seconds later, be commenting on what the outcomes would be? That's leading commentary, and I have advised the NRL of such.

I do not know if the incriminating E-mails The Sea Eagles may or may not have are evident, but I have asked David Smith, that if "even one" comes to light, especially with Greenburg's sound refution of them, Todd Greenburg should be stood down immediately.

Brissie Kid said:
Unfortunately many people will mistake Toovey's emotion as evidence of him attacking referees integrity.

If you read his words instead of watching & listenting to them, he doesn't warrant any sanction.
Absolutely Brissie Kid. I can't fault Toovey's words. I'd be very disappointed if our coach wasn't fired up after that rubbish. I reckon Toovey should have thrown in the old cement truck comment as well.
If they fine Tooves maybe they can use the 10k to buy the video refs those high definition large screen tvs that he suggested.

There's no way I'd be paying the 10k fine. Tell Greensnot to go and shove it up his arse.

I get the feeling that Tooves has been searching for a trigger to a seige mentality for the finals and has just found it. That moron Greensnot has taken the bait now watch this turn into a full scale us against the world scenario. The question was posed to 2V in the presser about a 10k fine. Tooves said I've said nothing to be fined about. This is gona feed the media chooks for a week or 2 and give us amunition for aour finals seige campaign.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6