Virtual rugby league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No, I had him the entire time Nutz. It would be you who attempted to steal him from me but failed.

Thats nothing when you look at who I lost:

Sonny Bill Williams
Roy Asotasi
Ben Hornby
Brett Stewart who I had 800000 on up until 1 min to go.

well i managed to pick up 1 star and boy what a star he is

The Messiahs

1. Stewart
2-25 ****

The likely round 1 team will run out as

1. B. Stewart
2. P. Ah Van
3. L Hookey
4. L. Macdougal
5. N Sweeney
6. B Champion
7. T Carney
8. C Stapleton
9. S Webb
10. G Crossman
11. R Williams
12. B Scott
13. T Lowrey

14. M Bickerstaff
15. B Galea
16. L Hookey
17. C Beatie

Does everyone realise that you have to go to the draw and enter your team for each round?

Fluffy I wouldn't worry, CW and Ryan didn't even pick a team. I reckon you can make the 8 with that.

And this is the side your against this round:

Luke Bailey
Chris Flannery
Jacob Lillyman
Ben Smith
Nigel Vagana

Dancers Finalise Squad

The Disco Dancers are Pleased to announce a further 12 signings to round out there 25 man squad. The 12 new faces include Former Kiwi international Logan Swann, rising Warriors superstar Sonny Fai and former City-country rep Clint Newton.
Coach Disco-Stu had this to say about the new faces "mate recruitment scheduling left us a bit behind the 8-ball, but we feel we have picked up some great talent, guys like Sonny Fai and Richard Williams have untapped potential, whilst Newton, Rua and Swann will provide good depth in the pack.

Asked about the sides lack of depth in the back 5 and rumours of a massive chunk of unspent cap, stu stated "its true we dont have a heap of big names in our 3-quarter line, but i have not doubt that guys like Micheals and Inu will step up, as for the money, we'll its no secret that the Dancers are a mil short of the cap"

Stu is yet to name a team for there opening VRL fixture

The Dancers new signings are

Logan Swann
Matt Rua
Cooper Vuna
Joel Reddy
Sonny Fai
Michel Weyman
Ben Pomeroy
Richard Williams
Jeremy Smith
Clint Newton
Micheal Henderson
Nathan Friend

i'd be very surprised if you had falou first

It doesn't matter now anyways... i'm somewhat happy with my team.. i took alot of gambles that i hope will pay off.

We'll have to wait and see

I have 1.5mill left in my salary cap :|

I bid on Falou at 30k and dropped out at around 90k

for mine, players like Inu (parra), Micheals (Broncos), Uate (Knights) etc offer just as good value

difference is they dont have the media bagging on about them and therefore they wen't under 100k

My team looks this way.

01. Milton Thaiday
02. Tony Martin
03. Matt King (finally got him after someone wouldn't leave him alone)
04. Timana Tahu (got him for 40k)
05. Jake Webster
06. Benji Marshall
07. Grant Rovelli
08. Bryce Gibbs
09. George Gatis (stuffed up my hooker selections)
10. James Stosic
11. Ashley Harrison
12. Carl Webb
13. Simon Mannering

14. Brett Morris
15. Wairangi Koopu
16. Tonie Carroll
17. Paul Aiton

18. Matty Head
19. William Zillman
20. Marshall Chalk
21. Fraser Anderson (will push for a spot in first grade this year)

Just holding onto these blokes to see how they go:

Colin Best
Riley Brown
Matthew Peterson

We'll see how we go

Strong looking team

Damm you, i was counting on Brett Morris as a star in my backline, and you are just carrying him on your bench

My gamble was to have two part time goal kickers... (ennis and matty head) but since thinking it over i swapped ennis for George Gatis (best of the rest) and then picked tony martin (hence brett morris went to the bench)

Does everyone realise that you have to go to the draw and enter your team for each round?

Fluffy I wouldn't worry, CW and Ryan didn't even pick a team. I reckon you can make the 8 with that.

And this is the side your against this round:

Luke Bailey
Chris Flannery
Jacob Lillyman
Ben Smith
Nigel Vagana

I'm gonna have to wait and see if players are chosen and stuff.. i gather the rest of you have to aswell???

If milton thaiday is injured.. i'll have to throw brett morris to the back :)

Burpengary Boozehounds coach Nathan Crawford says he is satisfied with the team he has been able to put together and believes they will be competitive in 2007. "Look the name of the game here is points and i really think with blokes like Thai (Milton Thaiday), Kingy (Matt King), T (Timana Tahu) and Webber (Jake Webster), these guys are playing outside a bloke that can turn something from nothing (star five eight Benji Marshall) and so there should be no reason why we don't score plenty of tries.... also we have some good young up and comers that can find their way to the tryline.... players like young Morro(brett Morris), chalky (Marshall Chalk) and Zilla (Australian Schoolboy William Zillman).. so this season should ba an exciting one we hope." Coach Crawford is quick to nullify suggestions that his forward pack is no good "Well, like i said the name of this game is points and i mean your front rowers rarely put many points on the board so we figured we'd grab a couple of cheap ones and save our money... i believe we have a backrow capable of anything.. we all know anything can happen when webby (firebrand Carl Webb) takes the field and it wasn't too long ago he was running over the top of blokes to score a few tries so we are really hoping that he finds that form again... we are expecting a big year from ash (Ashley Harrison) this year after he had a sub-standard 2006 and Simmo (Simon Mannering) is always on the improve and i think will get us plenty of points from the base of the scrum." Crawford also says halfback Matthew Head should be back in about rounds 4 - 5 "yeah, heady (Matthew Head) still isn't quite right.. but we have rover here (Grant Rovelli) and he is more than capable of filling in the 7 and when heady (Matthew Head) comes back depending on how grant's early form is we'll make a call on who we want... perhaps one of them will be just as creative and potent from the bench.. we'll have to wait and see." Round 1 of the VRL kicks on friday night with teams to be announced on thursday.. check your local guides.

Reapers Reapers Bargain Buys
Matt Bowen $105k
Nathan Hindmarsh $200k
Ian Hindmarsh $40k
Andrew Johns $300k
Paul Whatuira $100k
Ty Williams $70k

im hoping for a late season comeback by gas - cost me 160K to have on the bench all year but i still have a laszy 1.3 million sitting around so im not worried.

what i didnt like was i could only get the 1 goal kicker, almost all the players over 100k at the end were goal kickers

yeah i know.

I had to take carney as he was the only halfback left. meant i couldnt get martin or fitzdribblin, the only other players greater than 120K left. i wanted them only because they would be playing first grade each week, something plenty of my players wont be doing.

i have a good chance of having a trophey cabinet like cronullas by the end of the year

lol

I'm goooooooorne, only got Steve Price, Ruben Wiki & Nathan Merritt afer bidding closed. Then could not get on at home to recruit more players. Recruited the rest of my squad after 9.00 am this morning when I got to work.

Had to punt Merrit to get Corey Parker and only have about 5 players whose names I am familiar with.

Got Aaron Groom as my halfback and 1.77 mil left in my cap.

Is it someones sick joke or is there really a bloke named Steve Irwin who plays for Canberra?

My PC wouldn't log into the site at home. For that reason my 1st chance was this morning, and I have a CRAP team !!!!

01. Richie Mathers
02. David Seage
03. Germain Poulsen
04. Todd Polgase
05. Michael Crockett
06. Brett Firman
07. Brett Seymour
08. Ray Cashmere
09. Mark Minichello
10. Aaron Cannings
11. Matthew Cross
12. Richard Faaoso
13. Craig Fitzgibbon

14. Daniel Irvine
15. Manese Manukafoa
16. Scott Geddes
17. Dallas McIlwain
18. Ben Rogers

Russell Aitken - 5/8
Tom Hewitt - Wing
David Milne - Wing
Luke Quigley - Hooker
James Stosic - Front Row
Dane Tilse - Front Row
Justin Tsoulos - Front row

Considering I had the offal to deal with, I guess I did ok, but won't hold my breath.

I have 1.7 million left in my cap if anyone wants to offer me someone for big bucks.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6