Walker upgraded, Green to be extended beyond 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
DCE is an out an out 7, he wont ever move from that position at Manly. As for Hastings, he just doesnt have that ability to hit the next level, while he is a good goal kicker his other attributes arent that attractive as a half.
IMO and from what I have seen I have been very impressed with this Cust NYC half. He is a great play maker . He has vision and skill . He slayed the dragons last week . When the chips were down he never lost drive and composure and led us to victory . Very tough player as well. I think he has more potential than Hastings but time will tell .
See how he goes this weekend . I hope he is a consistent performer as this is what makes NRL quality players .

Keeping it simple....

I'm happy with Green at 6. Moylan is better but not for 1.2 million.
I'm really hoping the Thompson signing comes off. He would fit in perfectly.
I don't see any props on the market that I'd throw decent money at.

We have great talent coming through. We need to nurture it and retain it.

If you run through the 2011 team that won the competition, nearly every player was found and developed not a big name signing from another club.

Our premiership halves pairings
Half/five eighth
Ward/I Martin
Mayes/I Martin
Stephens/Thompson
S Martin/Thompson
Hasler/Lyons
Toovey/Lyons
Orford/Lyon
DCE/Foran

1996 was interesting. For most of the season yes, we played with Cliffy and Tooves as the halves. But heading towards and into the finals, Fulton was actually playing Cliffy from the bench, Owen Cunningham at either prop or lock and Nik Kosef was starting a lot of games (including the GF) at 5/8.

Of course, this was when they had unlimited interchange and Bozo used it like the NFL. When we needed attack he brought Cliffy on to weave his magic. But by that stage of his career Cliffy's defence wasn't all that flash and when we were defending quite often Bozo got him straight out of there and replaced him with someone like Cement, Spud or Tierney.

IMO, other than having great teams like we did, the unlimited interchange was a big factor in why we were so dominant in the mid-90's. Bozo used it better than every other coach. He worked out where he could use it to its full advantage with the players he had and exploited it to the max.

Last edited:
I'd much rather wait for that young sharks player we stole to replace greeny in the long run. I believe Tom Wright will only be able to cut it as a centre/winger in his early career. We may just have to buy a replacement in the future although probably don't need to think about it just yet

From what I’ve seen of Tom Wright I believe he is a centre and not a 5/8 he looks best running the footy. Green is 32 and IMO is a short term solution for one more year. He has done what was expected of him but we need to develop or find a young quality ball player who becomes a long term partner to DCE.

Being in Adelaide and too cheap to get Foxtel, I have not actually seen Tom Wright play other than Youtube highlights which don't even tell half the story. They are just that, highlights.

But, from what I have read about him and the bits I have seen, I think he does have a lot of talent. However it appears that he needs more consistency in his game. He dominated the semi-final two weeks ago yet was hardly sighted in last weeks prelim and that seems to be a theme of his game. He'll be great one week, hardly sighted for the next 2 or 3.

Like I say with most U/20 graduates, it also remains to be seen how he performs against players and teams who can defend because lets face it, the 20s is not exactly known as a defensive breeding ground.

Being in Adelaide and too cheap to get Foxtel, I have not actually seen Tom Wright play other than Youtube highlights which don't even tell half the story. They are just that, highlights.

But, from what I have read about him and the bits I have seen, I think he does have a lot of talent. However it appears that he needs more consistency in his game. He dominated the semi-final two weeks ago yet was hardly sighted in last weeks prelim and that seems to be a theme of his game. He'll be great one week, hardly sighted for the next 2 or 3.

Like I say with most U/20 graduates, it also remains to be seen how he performs against players and teams who can defend because lets face it, the 20s is not exactly known as a defensive breeding ground.
What's good about these U20s is that they seem to grow up up and bulk up each year.
Tom was a scrawny kid last year and now he has added to bulk to make more impact.:nod:

Hope you get the 9 GEM broadcast or can watch the game on 9now website :)

Go Manly:clap:

Last edited:
From the article:
Also complicating the pursuit of Moylan is the fact he has a $250,000-a-year registered third-party deal in place that is unlikely to be transferred to another club.

This is how TPAs are a rort, if a TPA purports to tie a player to a certain club then it should be recognised for what it is - as part of his contract - and included in the salary cap.
You'd think the third party would happy to be associated with a premiership team rather than a westie turncoat nowhere outfit.

IMO and from what I have seen I have been very impressed with this Cust NYC half. He is a great play maker . He has vision and skill . He slayed the dragons last week . When the chips were down he never lost drive and composure and led us to victory . Very tough player as well. I think he has more potential than Hastings but time will tell .
See how he goes this weekend . I hope he is a consistent performer as this is what makes NRL quality players .
Yeah he is still only very young and I really like the look of him. The problem with the NYC is that we see all these players at under twenty that would previously only have been sen by people at the game and the coaching staff around them. As a result someone has a televised live blinder and all of a sudden there are four future firstgrade halves only a year away from a breakout season. Time will sort the wheat from the chaff. But having players like metcalf cust Wright Hastings Cullen etc will work in the clubs favour. Nicho hynes. Remember him?

Yeah he is still only very young and I really like the look of him. The problem with the NYC is that we see all these players at under twenty that would previously only have been sen by people at the game and the coaching staff around them. As a result someone has a televised live blinder and all of a sudden there are four future firstgrade halves only a year away from a breakout season. Time will sort the wheat from the chaff. But having players like metcalf cust Wright Hastings Cullen etc will work in the clubs favour. Nicho hynes. Remember him?
Good point Top End Eagle. Nicho Hynes is languishing in the QLD cup playing for the Mackay Cutters .
The NRL is a very competitive beast

Glad Princess Moylan is staying at the Pennys. Never wanted him here.
Green did fine this year, and apart from some defensive lapses, was great.

Appreciate there is limited upside in him, but our problems are not 6 and 7.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8