Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Watmough

How's this then @QldEagle01

You haven't got a sense-of-humour either.

3 strikes, you're out.

I'm sure we'll both survive.

All the best. Wayne-Kerr.

RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

Wow, come 2016 he won't like that deal because Hoopa and Hayne will be getting more. He won't talk to them, get the sh$ts with the coach and want a release before he puts on the blue and gold.

I bet Killer is pissed with what's going on.

I'm Chocs greatest supporter but if its true it really tarnishes his reputation as a Manly legend.
Same as Des, its not that he's leaving its the way he's leaving.
The way hes carried on the last few months has wrecked any chance of us winning the comp and destabilised the team.
If he had left at the end of the year without the carry on I'd be disappointed not angry like I am now.
Very sad how its all played out but I was expecting it after what happened ti Gift.

I've never been a big fan of Watmoughs- as some of my very early posts will tell you.

He has done us great service though and has been a good player. If he wants out let him go and go somewhat gracefully.

Someone else will take his place.

If true, this is VERY poor form by Choc.

If done to dismantle the club at the end of what has been a great season, BEFORE we play finals, he's probably succeeded , and if that's the intent then my opinion of him, his management and his ego driven mates has reached " critical mass".

The cancer within needs to be cut out now, ALL who are unhappy, regardless of whom they are must be shown the door.

This is just a repeat of what we saw at Penrith, two or three players trying to control the whole club.........ain't going to happen!!

He has been fantastic for us and is one of my favourite players. We have had 14 terrific years and 2 Premierships thanks to his efforts. If he is unhappy with the current management he is entitled to do what he likes and he has. There are always two sides to every story and this entire saga with the senior playing group hasn't been handled well. Looks like everything is true and I am now expecting plenty more announcements of defections.

If we release him next year apparently his deal with Parra will be a 4 year deal.

He will need a wheelchair to get on to the ground in 2017.

Killer03 said:
If I were Toovey I would stand him down for the semi final series. Bring in Chee Kam, whoever and give them some semi final experience. Watmough does not want to be here so let's look to those that will be doing his role in the future.

We are looking shot presently, so let's get Generation Next in.

I agree with this, stand him down NOW. Or relegate him to the bench - but this vital experience could go to a young 'en. So maybe we've said our goodbyes already ? No 2V wont do this, too conservative.

ManlyBacker said:
He has been fantastic for us and is one of my favourite players. We have had 14 terrific years and 2 Premierships thanks to his efforts. If he is unhappy with the current management he is entitled to do what he likes and he has. There are always two sides to every story and this entire saga with the senior playing group hasn't been handled well. Looks like everything is true and I am now expecting plenty more announcements of defections.

Out of curiosity, how do you think the saga with the senior playing group should have been handled? As in re-sign Gift?

i wonder who is still defending him now?? Outright attack on any chance we had this year if its true, drop him, id rather loose in two weeks than win with this moron in my team.

Pepi said:
ManlyBacker said:

Out of curiosity, how do you think the saga with the senior playing group should have been handled? As in re-sign Gift?

No idea as I know sfa. But someone has seriously mismanaged the situation when a third of the team is willing to walk out.

watmough tweeted this is rubbish!

https://twitter.com/search?q=anthony%20watmough&src=typd

bones said:
All this bull**** has already cost us the minor premiership and will also cost us any chance of another premiership. I'm almost over anything NRL related to be honest.
I have to say I am with you 100% bones,I feel the same way mate,to say Im shattered right now would be an understatement if true. The way my life is going right now,I need positives,and I love this club with a passion,followed them for over 40 years,and nearly everyday for the last few years,us the supporters have had to put up with this kind of garbage. We pay our membership,support the club,we deserve respect. The club,and the players need to put this right,and now one way or another,they ow us that much,its been going on for way too long,thats my opinion anyway

Will hold my judgement on him until after this weekend, but if there is even a hint of less than 100% then put him in NSW cup next year and don't release him, if he gives 100% release him.

He has been an absolute champion for the club, but unfortunately his apparent behaviour of late has sullied his reputation in my books, he lacks any class. Really can't wait for the media love fest once he pulls on that putrid jersey.

Watmough dismisses signing

Choc says in his twitter feed that the story is completely wrong and he has no signed nor agreed to terms with any club beyond 2015

edit: just thought I should make yet another choc thread.

(lol - feel free to merge if appropriate...though at least it's a positive sounding thread)

globaleagle said:
watmough tweeted this is rubbish!

From the horses mouth, just checked my Twitter feed and yes it's there

Bloody hell. This is getting beyond a joke. Proszenko should name his source....I hope it isn't Gorden Tallis.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8