Which round will Trent be fired?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Roughly how long will Trent Barrett last???

• 1-5 weeks and he's gone. Bad start Like 2016 no longer acceptable

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 6-10 weeks then it's back to the hairdressers

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • 11-15 weeks until he joins me in the Centrelink queue

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 16-20 weeks before he coaches Uzbekistan Rugby League

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 21-26 weeks - not making the finals two years in a row is unacceptable

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Finals footy! He made it and will be allowed to stay!

Votes: 67 59.8%

• Total voters

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I wouldn't be Barrett for anything. Mostly when a new coach (let alone a rookie!) starts at a club, there is a fabric in place. Trent started with nothing. Everything had been torn down during the Penn victory lap. Front office staff largely gone, new medical staff, new fitness staff, new recruitment people, new assistant coaching staff, and massively new playing group. And then add to that someone making all the recruitment decisions for him. Recipe for failure.
To me, it'd be like a new principal being put in charge of a great school with all the teachers, head teachers, senior students, admin staff, and even maintenance people being totally new. That school has no chance to still be great immediately. No chance. Same with our club. And I hate that.

And sorry if I'm upsetting the relationship this site has with the club but isn't that why Silvertails was created in the first place - because they couldn't abide criticism on the actual club fan page?
I love that we can be honest here!

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Let's also remember that MWSE closed down their own fan forum in 2008 when they got sick of people being critical about players.

I appreciate Dans thoughts, and I understand the club may feel aggrieved , but seriously , this same stuff permeates all forms of social media so it's not as though what's posted here is unique.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Gutherson signed with us for three years just like Ballin and was shown the door 3 months later. Dumb move. We are probably paying some of his salary for Parra.

View attachment 4924 View attachment 4925

signed with us - was then told he was unlikely to see first grade behind the players I mentioned and probably more and moved to parra for opportunity and more money. Yes the club wanted him to move as well but he was a willing partner and has played more first grade footy due to moving.

You only pay for a player to match their contracted rate at you club. The only way we would have been hit is a one off transfer fee.

I still think the club got it wrong with the injuries we had last year but that is easy to say with the benefit of hind legs.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
signed with us - was then told he was unlikely to see first grade behind the players I mentioned and probably more and moved to parra for opportunity and more money. Yes the club wanted him to move as well but he was a willing partner and has played more first grade footy due to moving.

You only pay for a player to match their contracted rate at you club. The only way we would have been hit is a one off transfer fee.

I still think the club got it wrong with the injuries we had last year but that is easy to say with the benefit of hind legs.

In hindsight he'd have been better kept, but may not have stayed with what was in front of him ( so yes he as a willing mover).

He played very well on Sunday, and was very respectful about his opponents when interviewed.

I'm sure we all have a soft spot for Gutho!

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
All I want to know is who replaces Trent - based on this boards precedent Hasler is a pile of crap with a 2-0 record
No, Hasler has made the finals EVERY year for the past decade, has won 2 premierships and coached a couple more GF losing teams so he has earned the right to be judged differently. Let's compare that to our current coach with a 32% win record and absolutely SFA track record of success.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Let's also remember that MWSE closed down their own fan forum in 2008 when they got sick of people being critical about players.

I appreciate Dans thoughts, and I understand the club may feel aggrieved , but seriously , this same stuff permeates all forms of social media so it's not as though what's posted here is unique.
I'm not sure that is 100% correct there Mark, I believe it was Zorba who go sick of being criticised and used that as an excuse, but I may be wrong.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm not sure that is 100% correct there Mark, I believe it was Zorba who go sick of being criticised and used that as an excuse, but I may be wrong.

Yeah that's true as well, he was the media manager at the time and told Aaron Markie to shut it down overnight.

He doesn't take well to any criticism, of himself and the club in general.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I wouldn't be Barrett for anything. Mostly when a new coach (let alone a rookie!) starts at a club, there is a fabric in place. Trent started with nothing. Everything had been torn down during the Penn victory lap. Front office staff largely gone, new medical staff, new fitness staff, new recruitment people, new assistant coaching staff, and massively new playing group. And then add to that someone making all the recruitment decisions for him. Recipe for failure.
To me, it'd be like a new principal being put in charge of a great school with all the teachers, head teachers, senior students, admin staff, and even maintenance people being totally new. That school has no chance to still be great immediately. No chance. Same with our club. And I hate that.

And sorry if I'm upsetting the relationship this site has with the club but isn't that why Silvertails was created in the first place - because they couldn't abide criticism on the actual club fan page?
I love that we can be honest here!

There is absolutely no issue with being honest and the club doesn't have an issue with that at arms length. There is a big divide between honest observation and thoughtful response to events and the straight "cuz is a ****" and all that carry on. That is a very very different thing and it's that which I would like to see curbed. We started on a foundation of honest conversation about football and events with robust conversation not throwing insults and personal attacks on people who have no right of reply. I love the honesty but the wishing injuries and career endings is not cool. Do it with humor and good nature.
I agree that I don't like the form of or the way some of the players play but that doesn't have to get personal I can analyze their playing style without dropping a level.

Not saying you are one of those people but it is something that happens

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Yes, I too have been caught out with the benefit of hind legs...they catch up with you eventually.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I guess what we are all saying is feel free to be negative, critical and even positive but do it in a respectful fashion.

I am not a fan of Brown as a player in the team as I feel like his spot would be better filled with a younger player....but I do feel calling him poo or similar is just pointless. Also when you read articles like what was posted about him during the offseason (and the troubles he has had) we sometimes tend to forget that these guys are people as well

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I guess what we are all saying is feel free to be negative, critical and even positive but do it in a respectful fashion.

I am not a fan of Brown as a player in the team as I feel like his spot would be better filled with a younger player....but I do feel calling him poo or similar is just pointless. Also when you read articles like what was posted about him during the offseason (and the troubles he has had) we sometimes tend to forget that these guys are people as well

Exactly I prefer the approach of

"I didn't like the decision made by x because y and this is why I feel that would have been a better decision + humorous anecdote."

Which is different to making a character assumption based on something unrelated

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Exactly I prefer the approach of

"I didn't like the decision made by x because y and this is why I feel that would have been a better decision + humorous anecdote."

Which is different to making a character assumption based on something unrelated

Good luck with that approach on here!!

Last edited:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
There is absolutely no issue with being honest and the club doesn't have an issue with that at arms length. There is a big divide between honest observation and thoughtful response to events and the straight "cuz is a ****" and all that carry on. That is a very very different thing and it's that which I would like to see curbed. We started on a foundation of honest conversation about football and events with robust conversation not throwing insults and personal attacks on people who have no right of reply. I love the honesty but the wishing injuries and career endings is not cool. Do it with humor and good nature.
I agree that I don't like the form of or the way some of the players play but that doesn't have to get personal I can analyze their playing style without dropping a level.

Not saying you are one of those people but it is something that happens
Good response Dan and thanks for clarifying I hate the personal stuff too.

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Head coaches are in the spotlight win, lose or draw with supporters. Barrett with such a short coaching career as an assistant/U20s was always going to have his training wheels on for at least a season or two as a head coach. I just wonder how much guidance he's been getting from his 2IC John Cartwright because Bozo doesn't strike me as a day to day hands on mentor.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Your sentiments are appreciated Isz but ,,,,,,
I would rather a player stand down if he is not fit mentally or physically than taking the field and being a passenger and playing like poo.
When players do this they do them selves, their team mates and their club a disservice .
Brown like any player has made his own reputation by the way he has been playing . He can only change what we think of him when he changes his game and lifts it to a higher level .
f2b6b6aafd2069d1889568243b4ed395.gif

Nike

Reserve Grader
Your sentiments are appreciated Isz but ,,,,,,
I would rather a player stand down if he is not fit mentally or physically than taking the field and being a passenger and playing like poo.
When players do this they do them selves, their team mates and their club a disservice .
Brown like any player has made his own reputation by the way he has been playing . He can only change what we think of him when he changes his game and lifts it to a higher level .
View attachment 4929
Your posts read like they're coming from a medicated patient at East Wing, your demeanor is so patronising considering you rarely have anything of actual value to add to a conversation. Lewis Brown is not the reason Manly are not winning at the moment, Lewis Brown is a more than serviceable utility that can cover the backs and forwards at an international level with success. Do you honestly think there is any player on our books we can swap Brown out for which will result in instant success? Because I don't see too many players experienced in his role just hanging around at Narrabeen. Maybe we should start calling you Poo because your posts belong in the toilet, mate.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
12 7 5 57 16
13 7 6 -34 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 6 6 77 14