Which round will Trent be fired?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Roughly how long will Trent Barrett last???

• 1-5 weeks and he's gone. Bad start Like 2016 no longer acceptable

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 6-10 weeks then it's back to the hairdressers

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • 11-15 weeks until he joins me in the Centrelink queue

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 16-20 weeks before he coaches Uzbekistan Rugby League

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 21-26 weeks - not making the finals two years in a row is unacceptable

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Finals footy! He made it and will be allowed to stay!

Votes: 67 59.8%

• Total voters
I hope he doesn't go. He still hasn't been given a legitimate chance yet in my opinion.

He's doing the best with the squad he's got. And he isn't the one who selected the squad of 25. And neither is Bozo to a degree. Bozo only took over last year in a full time capacity unless I'm remember it incorrectly...? We have had mass cleanouts but you can't clean out everyone. So it takes time to move some along and others to leave.

Baz's 2016 year was, for the most part, out of his control. In my opinion he handled that year very well for a first time coach.

And he certainly isn't in control of the 4 props we have sitting on the sidelines after game 1 in 2017.

The squad is building, anyone who thought it was transition from a decade of dominance straight into another obviously hasn't been around footy long enough to remember all teams have rebuilds.

Watch the cowboys and storm rebuild when their current crop retire. Look how long the Panthers have taken to rebuild the awesome squad they have.

In my opinion Baz isn't to blame for us losing most games last year and the first game this year. Until he has his top 25 available ... and consistently available...I believe he deserves to be given his chance as coach.
Gameplan Batty..I JUST wanna see evidence of a gameplan. Just once

Gameplan Batty..I JUST wanna see evidence of a gameplan. Just once

Reminds me of something:

IMG_2304.JPG

I hope he doesn't go. He still hasn't been given a legitimate chance yet in my opinion.

He's doing the best with the squad he's got. And he isn't the one who selected the squad of 25. And neither is Bozo to a degree. Bozo only took over last year in a full time capacity unless I'm remember it incorrectly...? We have had mass cleanouts but you can't clean out everyone. So it takes time to move some along and others to leave.

Baz's 2016 year was, for the most part, out of his control. In my opinion he handled that year very well for a first time coach.

And he certainly isn't in control of the 4 props we have sitting on the sidelines after game 1 in 2017.

The squad is building, anyone who thought it was transition from a decade of dominance straight into another obviously hasn't been around footy long enough to remember all teams have rebuilds.

Watch the cowboys and storm rebuild when their current crop retire. Look how long the Panthers have taken to rebuild the awesome squad they have.

In my opinion Baz isn't to blame for us losing most games last year and the first game this year. Until he has his top 25 available ... and consistently available...I believe he deserves to be given his chance as coach.

Hold on. You say he had no say in the squad...
If he stood by passively and let Buhrer, Knight, T-Red go then that's pathetic. He should have fought to keep them, and threatened to resign if these proud Manly players were punted.
If he had a hand in their sacking then it just indicates he's a poor judge of footballing ability.
Either way, this squad is made up of bits-and-pieces of castoffs from other clubs when there are former Manly players who didn't want to leave that are continuing to do well with opposition teams.

That's the good thing about opinions. I get one, you can have your own... :)

As an outsider looking in I'd be pretty sure Baz knew when he took the head coaching role that Bozo would be making a lot of the recruitment calls moving forward. That's why Bozo is there in a mentoring role... It's a similar setup to the Panthers club.

They are building a new squad. What appears to be a Bits and pieces squad now may have a clearer direction next year and moving forwards. We are $1.3m worse off than other teams this year so we are a long way off seeing their squad vision come to fruition. Takes time unfortunately.

Everyone has thier opinions on past Manly players being moved on but the only opinions that count are the people in charge of recruitment. And you can't judge that opinion until the squad has been fully built.

Just my opinion though.
I thought we were 1.1 MIL down on other clubs?

Everyone has thier opinions on past Manly players being moved on but the only opinions that count are the people in charge of recruitment. And you can't judge that opinion until the squad has been fully built.
Your opinion is as valued, and informed, as mine. I do think we can see how poor our retention/recruitment has been by looking at our defeat by Doesn'tmatter. I point to one, Clint Gutherson - a local junior who would have been invaluable to us over the past two seasons in a variety of backline positions.

No point locking it, I am not about stifling free will and conversation, I just see the problem differently.

Everyone wants participation from and dialogue with the club, they want to feel valued as fans, yet they carry on with this sort of rubbish and wonder why the club distance themselves.

No point locking it, I am not about stifling free will and conversation, I just see the problem differently.

Everyone wants participation from and dialogue with the club, they want to feel valued as fans, yet they carry on with this sort of rubbish and wonder why the club distance themselves.

And you can't blame them for that !!

And just when you had started to get a reasonable working relationship with them!!

If we go 0 and 5, good luck with the above Dan!lol
Personally I'd give him till round 7 before I jumped on this thread.

I thought it was hard to expect a weekly tipping prize of a double pass to the game when threads like this and 'sack everyone' and 'everyone is crap' permeates the forum when games are lost.

Maybe I'm mistaken. On one hand I'd like to think the 'club' would have a thicker skin and see through a lot of the rubbish, but on the other I can see them saying 'why bother.'

Now I shall shower from posting in this thread.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10