Who should we buy for next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back on topic: How can we recruit Ryan James from the Titans? He's what we need to get more mongrel in our pack. Does anyone know how long he is contracted to the Titans?

Spot on.

As I said in another thread, we should become experts in this arena. If we are going to be in a rebuild cycle and are coming from a position of downswing then get aggressive and bid (dummy or not) for other clubs players that costs those other clubs when/if they dont come off. Most especially against teams like the eels who have cost us in recent times.

Give them pause for thought about what repercussions might come to them when they interfere with Manlys family.
We should rattle their cage after their attempt to buy our culture. Norman would be a shrewd buy. He has top skills.

Look I can see a tough few years.
* Unfortunately we have what's left of our champion squad in snake, killers, matai and matty b best footy behind them. We are left with an ageing squad struggling to recruit externally.
* there is no confidence in the current front office, players won't come here under current climate support the coach and have a plan.
* our kids is our future jake t and Tom, Clint gutherson and the Likes of liam knight, Addison demtriou, Ryan travers. We have a red hot 20s side like 09 we need to blood as many as possible and be negioting contracts with the best.
* we need some halfs i the short with experience, we all know who's on the market maloney, sezer, hodkinson but there are also bubbler. Both travers and pearsall will take time to develop(if we have that).

Look I can see a tough few years.
* Unfortunately we have what's left of our champion squad in snake, killers, matai and matty b best footy behind them. We are left with an ageing squad struggling to recruit externally.
* there is no confidence in the current front office, players won't come here under current climate support the coach and have a plan.
* our kids is our future jake t and Tom, Clint gutherson and the Likes of liam knight, Addison demtriou, Ryan travers. We have a red hot 20s side like 09 we need to blood as many as possible and be negioting contracts with the best.
* we need some halfs i the short with experience, we all know who's on the market maloney, sezer, hodkinson but there are also bubbler. Both travers and pearsall will take time to develop(if we have that).
In all honesty do you think we would be performing any better if glen Stewart and Watmough were still with us? I don't think so. Last season was long with the rep season particularly for Foran and DCE. We will come good as the combinations develop and everyone gets on with the fact that DCE and Foran have moved on. We won't get the spoon.

In all honesty do you think we would be performing any better if glen Stewart and Watmough were still with us? I don't think so. Last season was long with the rep season particularly for Foran and DCE. We will come good as the combinations develop and everyone gets on with the fact that DCE and Foran have moved on. We won't get the spoon.
Mate agree rebuild has been on cards for a bit. those remember holding onto past there prime eg 1998 and 99 for too long. Same is scum like Melbourne seem to never go through this.

Mate agree rebuild has been on cards for a bit. those remember holding onto past there prime eg 1998 and 99 for too long. Same is scum like Melbourne seem to never go through this.
I also don't think we'd be getting the Bunnies version of Gift. I'd say it would be the plumper version that broke down a lot.

All businesses go through this Staff /players don't tend to leave one at a time they tend to leave in groups and it will happen a Melbourne

Oh please don't compare us to the raiders what have they ever achieved?

They were pretty damned good many years ago mate. Remember Clyde, Meninga, Belcher, Daley, Stuart, Lazerus, Walters, Chicka Ferguson & co? Their playing roster went on and on.

Maybe theres a few coming from the GC on the rebound from DCE...
*Elgey the obvious 1
*Myles - Not sold 100% as his form over the past 2 years has deteriated to the point of an above average NRL player - some call it the BK move but its not comparable.
*Ryan James would be good at Manly & add the punch & aggression lacking atm.
*Greg Bird - Not a fan of his thuggery but can play & again - offers that tough edge missing
The top 2 the most likely to move South but personally - Elgey/James are the 2 best options

2016:
Give riley travers the number 7
Sign Kane Elgey
Promote addison demetriou to the first team
Sign one of James Tamou / Kade Snowden / Nate Myles
Sign one of Paul Carter / Luke Page
Make a play for Martin Taupau / Tyson Frizell / Greg Eastwood
Give jayden hodges a bit more game time
Sell Horo, Hasson
Give Jake Trbojevic starting time

Problems solved

Last edited: