Blake Ferguson indecent assault charges.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Blake Ferguson indecent assault charge?

Jorge may deserve his place but I doubt they will risk another debutant. I think they'll opt for Uate.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
MWSE said:
You are right. However it is silly to compare the two things. Every time someone is accused of something the Stewart saga is brought up.

This is completely different. The police have apparently reviewed CCTV footage and decided that there is enough evidence based on that to warrant a charge.

This X 2.

How is it different ?? Do you not recall Brett being charged ?? Do you not recall Brett having to plead his case in court ?? For all you know the CCTV footage may only confirm Ferguson's and his accusers presence at the venue.

The situation will be different the day Ferguson is found guilty of the charge, should that happen of course.

Umm the police apparently reviewed cctv footage for brett too. C and C is 100% right

Chip and Chase said:
I'm gobsmacked that members of this forum of all places would not afford him the presumption of innocence. Do you not remember what happened to Brett and what a kangaroo court the media held for him.

I agree that given his and Dugan's track record going out on the cans together isn't too smart. But the rest of the night is just allegations at this point.

The Brett Stewart saga changed me forever. We stuck by him and presumed innocence until proven guilty.

Well, one thing is for certain, I'm sure Ferguson is glad he went out to celebrate Dugan's selection with him just as much as he was with the roof top training antics with him and certainly, Laurie would be thrilled, as would the other members of the squad. That's not to say Dugan was at fault at all, it just seems that where Dugan goes, trouble follows.

I feel story for the lady who believes she was assaulted and if Ferguson is proved to be the guilty culprit, he should face the full consequences, just like Teo should if he is found guilty. Hopefully Qld may take a lesson from this and also stand Teo down until he's cleared of all charges as well. However, the two cases seem somewhat different, CCTV versus claim and counter claim.

Anyway, I just hope the young lady is not mentally scarred from the experience, as someone very close to me is still suffering five years later from an assault and now has a complete distrust of men and so struggles to have a relationship, but is improving slowly with lots of counselling.

silvertail said:
The Brett Stewart saga changed me forever. We stuck by him and presumed innocence until proven guilty.
Me too. Snake's been through hell and back due to the media and Gallop. It's still going on today. At the Titan's game this year a lady behind me was insulting Brett. I wanted to exchange words but took deep breaths because ignorance cannot be cured in many cases.

At this point in time Ferguson is guilty of not being at home on a Sunday night.

Nothing else.

Mitch said:
George Burgess has now apparently been charged after causing some sort of property damage in Cairns over the weekend.
will be interesting to see if he is stood down for it

niccipops said:
silvertail said:
Me too. Snake's been through hell and back due to the media and Gallop. It's still going on today. At the Titan's game this year a lady behind me was insulting Brett. I wanted to exchange words but took deep breaths because ignorance cannot be cured in many cases.

Sadly the NRL has learnt absolutely nothing from the Brett Stewart debacle.

I can't believe I'm still saying this, but Smith is even more reactive than Gallup was. He is an absolute joke. :mad:

Smith is just as bad as Gallop in this instance. He says Ferguson's suspension is nothing to do with the allegation but for repeated alcohol abuse. If that's the case then why wasn't Josh Dugan also suspended? His record with alcohol is worse than Fergusons and he was out drinking also. Lets say the allegations weren't made... What exactly did he do wrong the other night! Is he not allowed to go out and have a drink? The NRL must think we are stupid. We know he was suspended because of the allegations against him.

bones said:
Smith is just as bad as Gallop in this instance. He says Ferguson's suspension is nothing to do with the allegation but for repeated alcohol abuse. If that's the case then why wasn't Josh Dugan also suspended? His record with alcohol is worse than Fergusons and he was out drinking also. Lets say the allegations weren't made... What exactly did he do wring the other night! Is he not allowed to go out and have a drink? The NRL must think we are stupid. We know he was suspended because of the allegations against him.

True. He is being punished because he has been charged, yet nothing has been proven and it may never get to court.
You can't suspend him for drinking. It's every person's right to have a drink. He was not on official duties. The NSW training camp hadn't started.
This is another kneee jerk reaction, with the NRL pre-judging the court system. It's only an allegation. It could be a malicious one. We know about these, don;t we?
Certainly, come down hard on him if the court deems him guilt - but let due process happen.
Let's see if Smith is as tough on George Burgess.

Wouldn't the cops view CC footage from the venue before arresting him , instead of relying on a " he said - she said " scenario ?? ? I'd say the footage, and statements from staff at the venue regarding him being asked to leave a licensed premises, and then re-entering afterwards, would have sealed the deal.

WESTIE said:
Wouldn't the cops view CC footage from the venue before arresting him , instead of relying on a " he said - she said " scenario ?? ? I'd say the footage, and statements from staff at the venue regarding him being asked to leave a licensed premises, and then re-entering afterwards, would have sealed the deal.

In red above, so what you're saying is that you are assuming and then extending that to assuming his guilt.

This whole affair is a repeat of the Brett Stewart debacle.

If he is ultimately found guilty by the courts then throw the book at him. Until then he is innocent until proven guilty.

Why is this concept so difficult for people to understand. What if this was a Manly player who was subsequently exonerated. Be careful how you judge, next time it may well be a Manly player. This stuff is for the courts to deal with, not the David Smith Kangaroo Court.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

Ralphie..what part of CC footage and witnesses dont you understand ?? If the CC footage shows exactly what is suggested , that is, a sexual assualt , then yes , i am extenduing that to assume he is guilty.

From memory there were no witnesses to the B Sewart debacle.

As mentioned above in my post - " Wouldn't the cops view CC footage from the venue before arresting him , instead of relying on a " he said - she said " scenario ?? Am i to take it you are suggesting the cops arrested him without viewing the footage available to them ??

I just can't believe the NRL are going through this again. Whether there is CCTV footage or not, whether there are witnesses or not should not matter until he goes to court.

If he pleads guilty or is found to be guilty then punish him, suspend him, fine him or whatever is in the player code of conduct agreements.

However until that point he has every right to continue playing and the right for everyone to believe he is innocent.

It's frustrating, and just shows how much pressure these young guys are under, they get accused of anything and their name is dragged through the mud, before the allegations are even proven in anyway.

It certainly opens the door to malicious fans making allegations against players of opposing teams.

WESTIE said:
Ralphie..what part of CC footage and witnesses dont you understand ?? If the CC footage shows exactly what is suggested , that is, a sexual assualt , then yes , i am extenduing that to assume he is guilty.

From memory there were no witnesses to the B Sewart debacle.

As mentioned above in my post - " Wouldn't the cops view CC footage from the venue before arresting him , instead of relying on a " he said - she said " scenario ?? Am i to take it you are suggesting the cops arrested him without viewing the footage available to them ??

Oh right, and the "witnesses" from the Brett Stewart case were oh so reliable, if we believed the media spin they had him with his pants down and more. The CCTV footage of him being "drunk" and asked to leave showed a different story when shown in court, they showed a rather sober Brett Stewart assisting a female colleague and hailing a taxi with his brother.

Before that got to court it apparently showed all sorts of evil doing and extreme drunkeness.

I can't believe anyone who followed the Brett Stewart case would be so hypocritical in this instance.

Your memory is incorrect. There were many witnesses, and many called in court. DSM5 can give you the full details and a run down of those are available thanks to him attending court everyday of the hearing to gather the details for us.

witnesses included
- Neighbours who were in the backyard next door and heard the commotion (in press these were reported to have seen him assaulting the girl which were false)
- Police officers who were reported to have seen brett barely in control of his functions, in court their testimony was that he was very polite and seemed sober and very coherent

A question for the more the savvy

How is this case different to Teo? Or is it a case of "loading" due to prior incidents?

No one "saw" what was alleged to have happened between Brett and the accuser .... like ppl say they only claim to have heared , not seen anything....are people sure they arent confusing reporting by the telecrap with their usual unnamed sources when comparing these two incidents ??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4