Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If walker has fallen through. Are we better off. We add a Cordiner or Klemmer for similar dollars to what walker wanted. No one leaves. we add another forward. wipe our brow that we missed out on the pill popper, and our depth is still looking amazing next year. Good times. Now Where's that optimistic button;-)

Hey Mark
If the rumours are correct, Bird to 5/8, Walker to the Centres, Tom T to fullback and we are short a centre. Maybe Demetriou will turn into a Chris Close type of centre and I could certainly live with that. Then again you could have Wright at 5/8, Bird and Walker in the centres, Tom T at fullback and problem solved. But, I don't think Hiku will go, he has too much versatility to fill in in different positions.

I hope not, of all the players mentioned that we are shopping I'd hate to see Peta go, he's a very versatile back and we don't have a lot of those in our armoury.

I really don't care one way or another about Walker. He's a bit of the great unknown to me apart from seeing him involved in a few good plays and then the drug scandal thing. It's quite easy to recover from losing a player you never had.
The media p*ssed me off with all the poor Titans rubbish this year. Cherry is a Manly boy and it's us who would have suffered big time losing both him and Foran.
Walker's a bunny and if he wants to wabbit on - good luck to him. If he turns up at Manly and becomes one of us then I'll welcome him.

If he'd resigned with Souths they'd announce it straight away as there is no cooling off for resigning (I thought - only applied to new deals).

I think we're in the midst of the ten day period and when it passes the announcements will be made...

South Sydney have refused Dylan Walker an immediate release to join Manly after the Australian Test centre was offered a four-year deal to join the Sea Eagles next season.
Walker looked like being squeezed out of South Sydney as a result of the Sam Burgess-sparked salary cap saga.
But just days after he was told he could talk to rival clubs as Souths attempt to free up salary cap space to accommodate Burgess’ return, the Rabbitohs have performed a stunning reversal and have now denied Walker a request to be released from the final season of his deal.
Walker was told on Wednesday he would be staying at Redfern until the end of 2016 despite agreeing a deal to join Jamie Lyon, Daly Cherry-Evans and Brett Stewart in a potent Manly backline next season.
But in a move that has left Manly officials upset, coach Michael Maguire has returned from a trip to the UK and told Walker he would not sign his release papers.
Walker’s manager refused to confirm or deny the South Sydney situation when contacted on Thursday night.
“Sorry but I am not in a position to make any comment whatsoever on the Walker-Souths situation,’’ respected NRL agent Allan Gainey told The Daily Telegraph.
“The club may be the only avenue for comment.’’
Despite the setback, Manly remain confident of snaring Walker for 2016.
“Give it 48 hours, things will change,” a source close to the deal said yesterday.
It is understood Walker wants out of Redfern and is hopeful Souths will still be forced to let him go despite Maguire’s desire to keep him at the club for at least one more year.
“It is a delicate situation,’’ said the official.

South Sydney have refused Dylan Walker an immediate release to join Manly after the Australian Test centre was offered a four-year deal to join the Sea Eagles next season.
Walker looked like being squeezed out of South Sydney as a result of the Sam Burgess-sparked salary cap saga.
But just days after he was told he could talk to rival clubs as Souths attempt to free up salary cap space to accommodate Burgess’ return, the Rabbitohs have performed a stunning reversal and have now denied Walker a request to be released from the final season of his deal.
Walker was told on Wednesday he would be staying at Redfern until the end of 2016 despite agreeing a deal to join Jamie Lyon, Daly Cherry-Evans and Brett Stewart in a potent Manly backline next season.
But in a move that has left Manly officials upset, coach Michael Maguire has returned from a trip to the UK and told Walker he would not sign his release papers.
Walker’s manager refused to confirm or deny the South Sydney situation when contacted on Thursday night.
“Sorry but I am not in a position to make any comment whatsoever on the Walker-Souths situation,’’ respected NRL agent Allan Gainey told The Daily Telegraph.
“The club may be the only avenue for comment.’’
Despite the setback, Manly remain confident of snaring Walker for 2016.
“Give it 48 hours, things will change,” a source close to the deal said yesterday.
It is understood Walker wants out of Redfern and is hopeful Souths will still be forced to let him go despite Maguire’s desire to keep him at the club for at least one more year.
“It is a delicate situation,’’ said the official.
Overheard in a coffee shop..?

If he's done for 17 just white ant their 2016 season Foz and Choc style. Go to training and sit in your car whimpering...

Even better.

We had one too many in our backline if he did come next year.

It's 2017 that we really need him for.

I won't mind if he still comes for 2016 but someone will miss out and that could put either Taufua, Hiku or Tom T's nose out of joint. We need all 3 for 2017 assuming Matai and Killer retire.

If Walker has signed for 17, then that is very shrewd recruitment by Fulton and co. Let's just say they've thrown a spanner in the rabbitoh's works.

Last edited:
The problem is Manly have asked the Rabbitohs to pay some of Walker's $$$$ for his Manly contract and at this stage Madge Maguire has said No. Manly also paid some of the $$$$ for Gutho's contract to Parra

Souths are a ****ing laughing stock...they issue this guy with a show cause notice and he calls their bluff...."tell us why you should stay here" they said, and he replies "I shouldn't" and they deny him the release? What ****ing morons!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8