GAME DAY - Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KIERAN Foran is out of Thursday night’s season opener and Brett Stewart will almost certainly miss Manly’s clash with the Bulldogs.

Late Mail: Despite Manly coach Trent Barrett’s assurances that star fullback Brett Stewart is still in the running to suit up on Friday night, Sea Eagles insiders have assured foxsports.com.au it will be young gun Tom Trbojevic in the No.1 jersey. Stewart has suffered a hamstring strain and given his history with the injury he is unlikely to be risked. The reshuffle is likely to see one of Halauafu Lavaka or Fabian Goodall promoted to a wing spot, with Siosaia Vave to drop off the bench.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/151ae5f259c25cb83976c46d52e9a274

Bulldogs strip to fighting weight to take on new rules
  • Stuart Honeysett
  • The Australian
  • March 1, 2016 12:00AM
The Bulldogs have always been mean. Turns out this season they’ll also be lean.

The monster Canterbury forward pack that has trampled opposition teams in the past has trimmed down this season to cope with the NRL’s brave new world, which includes shot clocks, reduced interchanges and faster video referee decisions.

The changes are particularly noticeable among the bigger men whose weight loss over the pre-season would make even Michelle Bridges think they’ve been part of her 12-week body transformation program.

Topping the charts is man mountain Sam Kasiano who has tumbled from his playing weight of 128 kilograms last year to 120kg this season followed by Tony Williams (120kg-114kg), Greg Eastwood (116kg-111kg) and David Klemmer (116kg-112kg).

Sorry I don't have the link or the rest of the article...! :)

So will this affect the fleabags performance at all??

Anyway either way, I hope we smash them, I can not stand the dogs nor their grubby coach.

Heard on the parra v broncs telecast that tomorrow we have the dulcet tones of vautin and sterlo as commentators.

I'm sure we're all looking forward to them :)

Bulldogs strip to fighting weight to take on new rules
  • Stuart Honeysett
  • The Australian
  • March 1, 2016 12:00AM
The Bulldogs have always been mean. Turns out this season they’ll also be lean.

The monster Canterbury forward pack that has trampled opposition teams in the past has trimmed down this season to cope with the NRL’s brave new world, which includes shot clocks, reduced interchanges and faster video referee decisions.

The changes are particularly noticeable among the bigger men whose weight loss over the pre-season would make even Michelle Bridges think they’ve been part of her 12-week body transformation program.

Topping the charts is man mountain Sam Kasiano who has tumbled from his playing weight of 128 kilograms last year to 120kg this season followed by Tony Williams (120kg-114kg), Greg Eastwood (116kg-111kg) and David Klemmer (116kg-112kg).

Sorry I don't have the link or the rest of the article...! :)

So will this affect the fleabags performance at all??

Anyway either way, I hope we smash them, I can not stand the dogs nor their grubby coach.
Depends on what weight they've lost. Muscle or fat. Most of those guys were fat. I doubt Kasiano and Eastwood will show up tonight looking shredded...

KIERAN Foran is out of Thursday night’s season opener and Brett Stewart will almost certainly miss Manly’s clash with the Bulldogs.

Late Mail: Despite Manly coach Trent Barrett’s assurances that star fullback Brett Stewart is still in the running to suit up on Friday night, Sea Eagles insiders have assured foxsports.com.au it will be young gun Tom Trbojevic in the No.1 jersey. Stewart has suffered a hamstring strain and given his history with the injury he is unlikely to be risked. The reshuffle is likely to see one of Halauafu Lavaka or Fabian Goodall promoted to a wing spot, with Siosaia Vave to drop off the bench.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/151ae5f259c25cb83976c46d52e9a274
Read yesterday Mateo is out with the bum ankle so Vave WILL get a run on the bench.

Here is my big fear - that we've been suckered in again to over rating guys like Green, Vave and even Walker at 6. All unproven. Hopefully they're up to it.

Been a while not sure how my Dogs will go but hope its a good game, hated us getting rid of Marty a few years ago but he does at times have double d's for hands.

See you lot throughout the season.
May the better team* win

*does not include offside plays in golden point/faking injury to get a late penalty etc

Archie gets to wear his Manly Jersey for the first time tomorrow, he now fits it (Read Matilda's Jersey from 2012)

giphy.gif

When all experts in the media are also tipping us to do good this year.. It's not just us being optimistic.

It felt like there were very few penalties last night.
If refs have been encouraged not to ruin the spectacle for the opening round I am sure Hasler will be ordering his players to get away with as much as possible

For those not on the Peninsula - it's been dry and 30+ for the last few weeks.

So Brookie will be fast and the first 5,000 in, get to wave a free Flag :party::clap:

Gates open 5:30 and it should be a 21 by 8pm for the first grade

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8