Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

I get the feeling that Choc and his Mrs love seeing themselves in the paper. Im glad he has left now. Wish them all the best, but I really am not interested in Choc and his Mrs morphing into the Northern Beaches Kardashian's. Maybe they will get a reality show called "What now with Watmough" like Roy and HG predicted all those years ago.

I can't believe we're still talking about this bloke. I couldn't care about his 768 games for us. I forgot about him the moment he left.

Frank said:
I can't believe we're still talking about this bloke. I couldn't care about his 768 games for us. I forgot about him the moment he left.

I literally have no recollection of Choc ever playing for Manly. I remember him playing a lot for St George and a little bit for the Broncos before he went to boxing, but I draw a complete blank when trying to imagine him playing for us.

Frank said:
Just because he fkd up towards the end it dosent mean that we don't have to remember him for putting his body in the line when ever he played for us . Having said that when he comes to Brookvale wearing the blue and gold I hope we bash the crap out of him :)

Gone but not forgotten, however he's just another opposition player now to scream at, swear at and hope he gets bashed by our boys.

I'm sure his mate Werdler will ensure he becomes the rock star of the west, and perhaps that was the attraction in the first place.

cherry_poppins said:
It's too bad his cousin hasn't been gutted

For real

Not sure what you are talking about but if it is a fish, all good. If you're talking about a human being, well.........bad form.

anthonyb1965 said:
cherry_poppins said:

For real

Not sure what you are talking about but if it is a fish, all good. If you're talking about a human being, well.........bad form.

He's talking about a guppie.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Gone but not forgotten, however he's just another opposition player now to scream at, swear at and hope he gets bashed by our boys.

I'm sure his mate Werdler will ensure he becomes the rock star of the west, and perhaps that was the attraction in the first place.

"Choc Rocks" billboard at Parra Westfields?

anthonyb1965 said:
cherry_poppins said:

For real

So is bashing the elderly, somewhat unforgivable

cherry_poppins said:
anthonyb1965 said:
cherry_poppins said:

For real

Which Manly player did this?

anthonyb1965 said:
cherry_poppins said:
anthonyb1965 said:
cherry_poppins said:

For real

Dropmough's white trash cousin from the Gold Coast, follow the bouncing ball

cherry_poppins said:
anthonyb1965 said:
cherry_poppins said:
anthonyb1965 said:
cherry_poppins said:

For real

So it wasn't a Manly Player and it's in a football forum why?

anthonyb1965 said:
cherry_poppins said:
anthonyb1965 said:
cherry_poppins said:
anthonyb1965 said:

So it wasn't a Manly Player and it's in a football forum why?

Are you dense? It's a thread about his family

Watmough sees the light ahead

New Parramatta recruit Anthony Watmough has seen the light according to fellow team mates.

After a year at Manly that saw the playing group fall apart, Watmough has accredited the Hillsong church for helping him build a closer bond with his new colleagues.

In the past year there have been remarks about his personality, that he pulled Manly apart and is arrogant, some say. He has a bad attitude, it was most recently claimed.

In his attempts to cope with criticism, Watmough draws comparisons with how the founders of the controversial Hillsong have dealt with accusations they oversee something more akin to a cult than a church.

''Anyone that is successful will get their critics,'' Watmough said. ''They're one of the biggest churches in the world, not just Australia. The amount of work that Brian and Bobbie Houston have put in you couldn't even explain it.

''There's always going to be someone that tries to bring you down. It's inevitable. It's in the Bible, it's everywhere. You see a lot of people when they have success, they're at the crossroads when people have shots at them; they can go the other way or they can just strive to be better.''

It should be of little surprise that Watmough, Hopoate and prop Tim Mannah - also a Hillsong devotee - spent plenty of time together in the US camp last week. Watmough was already close to Hopoate, a colleague at Manly, but said the trio had formed a strong bond in the US.

Watmough marvels at Hopoate's sacrifice for his religion - the 22-year-old quit the game three years ago to undertake a two-year mission with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "I finally see the light and why so many of my brothers take it so seriously."

First appeared in amh.com.au 27/11/2014 03.45

Anthony Watmough is thriving at his new club, the Parramatta Eels and has enjoyed being reunited with coach Brad Arthur, who he served under as Geoff Toovey's assistant at Manly in season 2013.

Watmough credits Arthur for reinvigorating his passion for the game and bringing back the enjoyment after a year fueled with speculation of his unrest and fractured relationships within the Manly playing group.

But he reserves the highest praise for the faith he has discovered since joining Hillsong church and the gift of salvation.

"A lot of the boys at Parra go there so I tagged along after training and haven't looked back," a proud Watmough boasts.

"We are training the house down and I can't wait for next year and hey I got Jesus on my team too now," Watmough laughs.

Below: Watmough finds the stairway to heaven at the Eels.

Yea nice one anthony. Brian Huston has his critics because he helped cover up his fathers pedoaphilic ways.

Stick to talking to football anthony its what you know about champ

Also worth noting was his quote in today's paper regarding the ring on eBay

"I didn't try and win premierships for the club. It was for my mates. "

Well said by a life member and a member of the exclusive 200 club. NOT

Hallelujah! Whatnow has seen the light.
Perhaps it will help him from fumbling the ball.

10% of his gross income will go to the church each year. No wonder he was wanting a bigger conract

He donated his premiership ring to the church

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8