John Hopoate Blocked By The NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What i meant was how many other clubs would welcome close inspection of all their employees asst coaches etc right down to jnr reps. I would suggest a couple of colourful characters may be found.

@Woodsie, You're right, but I think this is more a case of a biased pseduo investigation against J.H. than any targeted biased investigation against Manly.

He's not exactly everybody's cup of tea. He's not mine.

Maybe he's involved in some criminal activity, as implied , I don't know , but he hasn't been formally charged for anything at all, yet right ? So really, he's innocent in the eyes of the law , right <wink, wink> ?

One thing, he's definitely gulity of , is being on the wrong side of the wrong people in the right places.

Putting aside my own prejudices, one could argue, his character has been publically bullied, bashed & poked, based on an image, past anti social behaviour & prejudices of people in positions of public trust. Irony anyone ?

It's easier to move a thousand people through their prejudices than it is to move one through reason.

Last edited:
If he satisfied the working with children requirements, why now has this dossier been handed to the nrl integrity unit by the police and why wasnt it flagged off earlier in the process?
Whatever is in the report must be juicy.

I suspect the dossier is akin to senator mccarthy's briefcase, and the Blair weapons of mass destruction report, or possibly the Kpmg assessment of council mergers. Oft quoted and referred to but not available for public scrutiny.

And I love how it's now a dossier. Did you coin that one @mjb136 ? Just wait, the papers will start calling it a dossier soon too.

I suspect the dossier is akin to senator mccarthy's briefcase, and the Blair weapons of mass destruction report, or possibly the Kpmg assessment of council mergers. Oft quoted and referred to but not available for public scrutiny.

And I love how it's now a dossier. Did you coin that one @mjb136 ? Just wait, the papers will start calling it a dossier soon too.

Guilty

Yeah, hope the "Dossier" (good one) is more John Gotti than Shane Warne.

Still, something is fishy. Police, responsible for uphelding the law , spending so much time, trying to undermine the employment of an NRL junior coach ? Coaching is a legal enterprise - non-criminal.

If this was a bona fide criminal investigation, how does that help them put the criminal away or on trial ?

Maybe, the criminal team are hoping that it will tip Hoppa over the edge he'll do something criminally ourageous & they can finally nab him. Maybe they see Hoppa as a criminal jihadist trying to influence his flock of younger impressional youth ?

The cynic in me says it reeks of a personal agenda, more than any bona-fide criminal case.

Last edited:
The Police and the NRL should put up or shut up. Where is the natural Justice here? The Police can make an allegation, the NRL Act on it by threatening the club to do its dirty work with a threat of fines and loss of points on its first grade team hanging over it head and Hoopa has no right of appeal. Just does not sound right or just.

The Police and the NRL should put up or shut up. Where is the natural Justice here? The Police can make an allegation, the NRL Act on it by threatening the club to do its dirty work with a threat of fines and loss of points on its first grade team hanging over it head and Hoopa has no right of appeal. Just does not sound right or just.

Jezuz, an Eels & Eagles supporter agreeing on something. What is the world coming to ?

Last edited:
There is no logic here at all. So it seems if a person has supposed links to organised crime then the punishment is to bar the person from an unrelated job, and fine their employer.

There is no logic here at all. So it seems if a person has supposed links to organised crime then the punishment is to bar the person from an unrelated job, and fine their employer.
Ironically, if the allegations cannot be brought to criminal court, then it might be said that the Police and the NRL are taking actions which could potentially force Hopoate into crime. i.e. the Police and NRL may be actively disrupting law and order.

If they are actively denying him access to his legitimate legal paid employment, how does a man who has 10 children support his family?

On the surface this is a major over-reach of Police and NRL powers.
------------------

It's easier to move a thousand people through their prejudices than it is to move one through reason
Catchy quote EE. Who said it?

Ironically, if the allegations cannot be brought to criminal court, then it might be said that the Police and the NRL are taking actions which could potentially force Hopoate into crime. i.e. the Police and NRL may be actively disrupting law and order.

If they are actively denying him access to his legitimate legal paid employment, how does a man who has 10 children support his family?

------------------

Steve Sharp.

Josh Massoud
Development on John Hopoate: ARLC boss John Grant leaves door open for him to coach, but only if @SeaEagles submit a suitable rehab plan.

National Rehab League - apart from Barba*, has any Player actually rehabilitated ?:cool:

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

------------------

@Rex , good question. Lol Actually, forgot, but it originally came from Robert Heinlein. Added a bit of a twist ( but didn't want to pretend it was mine ).
Robert Heinlein Quote.jpeg

It's a bit of my thing. Love reading & collecting a plethora of quotes, especially the ones leaning towards wisdom & truth.

If this isn't a warning to Grant that Greenberg is out of his depth, then I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Josh Massoud
Development on John Hopoate: ARLC boss John Grant leaves door open for him to coach, but only if @SeaEagles submit a suitable rehab plan.

Translation:
Police Criminal Dossier was b#######.
But it's Still Hoppas fault.
He's the one with a problem.
So that ties up any loose ends (suggesting Police misallocation of resources & misuse of public money). Everyone wins.
Case closed - but we're still watching you Hoppa (rehab).
The End.

@Rex , good question. Lol Actually, forgot, but it originally came from Robert Heinlein. Added a bit of a twist ( but didn't want to pretend it was mine ).
View attachment 3117
It's a bit of my thing. Love reading & collecting a plethora of quotes, especially the ones leaning towards wisdom & truth.
“You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.” ―Robert A. Heinlein,Revolt in 2100/Methuselah's Children

You a science fiction buff?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8