Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
56 Sunshine Coast Stadium
14 Aug 2021 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

Just rewatched first 10min. The best thing was despite them dominating, they didn't push the last pass when things weren't on and took the tackle.played within themselves and backed the points will come.

Parker, could of passed a dicey ball to Garrick at speed, opted to take tackle.
Schuster line break took the tackle, never held it one arm.

It's amazing what a difference 12 months and a Tommy Turbo makes.

Horhay was our top try scorer last year with........wait for it..........7...........yes 7 tries.
Don't underestimate the rule changes last year after the covid break. We are a side designed to win the battle of the wrestle and power thru teams. The six again stuffed us totally.

I just have to congratulate Des and the back room team on rebuilding this side not only in personal but game plan and structure. Yes I've always been on the Des train but honestly what the guy has done with this team is astounding.

Facts are facts. We were 90 min from a GF in 2019 after almost getting the spoon the year before. We had a gameplay that was rendered useless after the covid break, without Tommy and without speed. Yes 2020 was tough, yes the first 4 rounds were tough but the coaching team changed things up and today my friends is the outcome.

We in my opinion have the most strike in the competition on our day. Forget Storm, forget Penrith and forget Souths. We are better in attack and structure than all of them. What we lack is the experience but that will come.

Man, I am so proud of this club. Proud to be a fan, a member. To come from where we were at the start of the year, I will always remember that first month and how dire the state of the club and fans were. Just to motivate and make me so proud of how good this team is performing now. It really is special.

A lot of us fans were really nervous, and I felt a bit weirded out because of how damn confident I was leading up to this game. I manifested us maybe even putting 50. And it happened YAYYYYY! The only thing I was a tiny bit nervous about, was the fact we played such a huge game last week against Storm, and the boys might come out flat tonight. But that wasn't the case. Top 4 awaits us!!!!!!!!

Don't underestimate the rule changes last year after the covid break. We are a side designed to win the battle of the wrestle and power thru teams. The six again stuffed us totally.

I just have to congratulate Des and the back room team on rebuilding this side not only in personal but game plan and structure. Yes I've always been on the Des train but honestly what the guy has done with this team is astounding.

Facts are facts. We were 90 min from a GF in 2019 after almost getting the spoon the year before. We had a gameplay that was rendered useless after the covid break, without Tommy and without speed. Yes 2020 was tough, yes the first 4 rounds were tough but the coaching team changed things up and today my friends is the outcome.

We in my opinion have the most strike in the competition on our day. Forget Storm, forget Penrith and forget Souths. We are better in attack and structure than all of them. What we lack is the experience but that will come.
You are so right EOL, Bellamy knows this also, he's looking over his shoulder now watching the way we deconstruct other sides. We have that x factor more than any other team. With 3 games to go until the finals, Des will be putting in the finishing touches to have us peak even more come September.

The only thing that would have made tonight better would have been to put another 50+ points on the Squeels.
I hope it scars them mentally so that they embrace their destiny - spoon again next year for Parra.

Watched the game and face timed a couple of bros on the pizz fand we were talking about Foz
Direct quote on fox
Cream rises to the top
Garrick - he has always had it and comparisons to Robbo
Harper will be good fir a long time
DCE can win us a comp
Card nights work
Gotta Keep Des on his toes
Beaver is a gun
Who could be our new beaver
Yes it looks like you were still imbibing when you drafted this.;)

Where is @WatmoughsMentor ?

I enjoyed his gee up before the Parra match earlier this year. Could dish out the banter but could also take it.

Would like to know his (as a Parra fan's) thoughts on BA and where Parramatta go from here...

troll is as troll does. No good hanging around when you're being lapped I guess.

(He's not a bad troll, just can't be stuffed thinking about something else to call it).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8