Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 11, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 20
4 Pines Park
14 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does froggy look extremely agitated in this video. Way more fidgety and unsettled than normal?? Maybe I'm just reading into things too much.🤔
When will the club provide a roving mic to those asking the questions? It's very amateurish, and being unable to hear the question has occurred for EVER!

A nice relax Reubs plus Shoe is unlikely to play on weekend

Hand over face the way he behaves 100% anxiety and stress, albeit subconscious. Could be either agitated at answering questions, or agitated regarding where the team is at. Body language doesn't bode well unfortunately
To be honest he has those mannerisms every week. I just think it's his way of coping with the media. If you look back at his interviews, he usually does the neck rub thing or the wiping the nose and cheek thing. I have to admit, the nipple rubbing is a new one. Read into that what you wish. @:D

I got tightness in the chest (not the quad) when I read that and it didn't turn out well the first time that happened. Come on Josh, get that body right for my sake. Coz, you know, it's all about me!
If they play Johns in at 5/8 it will be another thrashing for Manly.

If Shu is no good, then I'd love to see Turbo at 5/8th and Weekes at the back. It gives Tom a chance to get his hands on the ball more without worrying about snapping a hammy again and having him on the ball would have to take more pressure of DCE than Johns would. Plus Weekes gets time in his preferred position and with the added confidence of having Tom in the team.
The Storm aren't afraid to chop and change their spine when they have some outs, it doesn't always work out but at least they are willing to try something different, and that potentially puts their strongest team on the field....but we will persist with Johns. @:rolleyes:

If Shu is no good, then I'd love to see Turbo at 5/8th and Weekes at the back. It gives Tom a chance to get his hands on the ball more without worrying about snapping a hammy again and having him on the ball would have to take more pressure of DCE than Johns would. Plus Weekes gets time in his preferred position and with the added confidence of having Tom in the team.
The Storm aren't afraid to chop and change their spine when they have some outs, it doesn't always work out but at least they are willing to try something different, and that potentially puts their strongest team on the field....but we will persist with Johns. @:rolleyes:
Radical but interesting. I saw someone suggest this previously too (maybe you?)
But a 5/8 who can't kick? Not to mention he'd be totally spotted and making at least 2 tackles every set.
Nice idea though.

I think we will match the Sharks for at least the first 30 minutes but I believe we will dramatically fall away in the second half.

Cronulla 42 - Manly 14 :(

I have completely lost interest in the footy now. I will try and force myself to go through the pain once again on Sunday. There will be no miracles for us this season. I am dreading the day that Schuster comes back once again with Zero match fitness and extra padding. He would be better suited to American Football imho. His body is better suited to 10-15 minutes of match time per week.

I have completely lost interest in the footy now. I will try and force myself to go through the pain once again on Sunday. There will be no miracles for us this season. I am dreading the day that Schuster comes back once again with Zero match fitness and extra padding. He would be better suited to American Football imho. His body is better suited to 10-15 minutes of match time per week.
agree, lost all interest

Radical but interesting. I saw someone suggest this previously too (maybe you?)
But a 5/8 who can't kick? Not to mention he'd be totally spotted and making at least 2 tackles every set.
Nice idea though.
I imagine he can kick as well as johns at least 😜. He does kick off for us after all.
And even if he does become a speed bump, then at least he's a bigger one than johns :)
Edit: And.... Johns kicked a total of two times last week...and not at all the against the Titans. So we already have a 5/8th who can't (or hasn't been given a licence to) kick.

Last edited:
Thank you once again for your great work in posting the Manly Media posts @The Wheel

Our Hooker talks about the importance of putting in a strong performance

We keep on hearing about putting in a strong performance

But we do not seem to see it on the field

We have not seen a strong performance since 2011
and quite frankly my dear people at the Manly club
all Passionate Manly fans are getting Pisses off

Live up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of Premiership winning High expectations
or just Leave our club

Because if we Lower our Great standards . We stand for Nothing Great
The Sea Eagles have made the finals 10 years in a row but are yet to ...
The only strong performances are in the constant media posts. Save us the dribble.

Agree with a lot of what you say, think most of us are into the sheer theatre of it all now ie;...when will Shoe come back, will Tom ever get back to his blockbusting form of 2021, will Gordo eventually get his chance at hooker, Seibold started of well, but 2.5mths on the critics are now circling. Need a resounding win on Sunday...come on Manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12