SOO Game III [2021] - Discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fittler said last week he owed Moses for helping get him the NSW gig apparently through their association with the Lebanon RL side, thought at the time it sounded a bit odd, I bet Reynolds and Walker would be pissed off if they heard that, it seemed to me listening to him that they never had a chance
Fittler isn’t a coaches ball $ack!!! Don’t understand the plaudits he’s getting as NSW coach when it’s the players NOT him who are making him look good! Can’t stand him & that illiterate druggie immortal Johns!

Ever noticed how many times the underdog wins a dead rubber?
Happens far too often to be coincidence.
Just like cricket series, the SOO loses its interest if NSW sweeps the series.
Always bet on the underdog when a series is already decided.
I thought the ref had a big hand in Queensland's win tonight, with his constant flow of 6 agains on our line, it felt at times very much like a Manly game

Beautiful part of the world .
I remember your town had a team playing in the Amco cup years ago
It's like a step back in time mate, people actually take time to say g'day when you pass them in the street and in my town at least there's very little crime, it's the total opposite of Sydney, no stress, plenty of pubs and a strong rugby league presence, I love it

It's like a step back in time mate, people actually take time to say g'day when you pass them in the street and in my town at least there's very little crime, it's the total opposite of Sydney, no stress, plenty of pubs and a strong rugby league presence, I love it
Sydney is over priced , Over crowded , over stressed and over rated

They were great: Fittler backs his halves call to the full​

Brad Fittler has backed his controversial call to selected untested pairing Jack Wighton and Mitch Moses in the halves in the absence of injured duo Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai in Wednesday's 20-18 Origin III loss.

Having lost both in-form halves and effectively needing to start from scratch, there was a school of thought that Souths duo Adam Reynolds and Cody Walker – each in good form and each with Origin experience, with their club hooker Damien Cook one of three Rabbitohs already in the side – was the way to go.

"No," was Fittler's simple response when asked if the Souths pairing should have played instead.

"Mitchell Moses had the kick for the (Koroisau) try. Jack Wighton scored a try. So I'm not sure where your argument is. I thought they were great. I was really happy with Mitchell Moses. I thought his defence was great. They threw a lot at him.

"Mitchell's defence was outstanding and Jack Wighton's. There's always two sides to a game."

Moses's defence was excellent, with a series of vital one-on-one tackles nullifying several Maroons raids. The Eels playmaker was heavily targeted, especially early, but bounced back from several big knocks.

However the Wighton-Moses combo regularly failed to capitalise on attacking chances, looking very much like strangers in a clunky first half before Moses sparked to life in the second, sending Wighton over with a handy pass and producing two separate last-play kicks in one passage to eventually set up Api Koroisau with a well-directed inside grubber.

Wighton's kicking game was found wanting several times with two costly seven-tackle sets given away, while Moses's long boot was more reliable.

Fittler admitted the side was never really in control of the match despite having thoroughly dominated the opening two games of the series and was scathing of their inability to find points in repeat sets on the line.

"I don't think it slipped away. I didn't feel like we were in control at any stage really," he said.

"We had our chances at the death but we weren't playing good enough to take those chances."

One of those late chances was a penalty goal attempt from Latrell Mitchell on halfway to try and force golden point – a decision Fittler was comfortable with.

"I wasn't surprised – we'd had three sets on their line and hadn't scored a try," he said.

"It wasn't a dumb decision. I was quite happy with them backing themselves, I've been watching them kick goals three weeks now, 50 is normally not (Mitchell's) problem.

"I think the way we were attacking on their line didn't give me much confidence we were going to score a try anyway."

While wrapping up the series in straight sets despite being forced to play the whole series in Queensland was "a great effort" Fittler added "it's hard to be delighted" with the way the series finished.

"It is the nature of the beast and I'd never want to change the way it is and hopefully it spurs them on if we get another opportunity (for a clean sweep)," he said.

"They were really good this year but it's hard to be delighted tonight.

"A few things went [Queensland's] way and they took advantage of it ... I thought they were the better side."

Fittler also praised the Origin comeback series produced by both Latrell Mitchell – who was dropped in 2019 – and man of the series Tom Trbojevic, who missed last year through injury.

"They did all the damage in the first two games without a doubt," Fittler said.

"I thought Queensland did a good job on them tonight, they had their defence well in order.

"Latrell made the most of minimal opportunity but when he's playing you're just going to get more fans and crowds. There's a couple of players out there tonight that are just brilliant, fantastic to watch and he's one of them."

"A few things went [Queensland's] way and they took advantage of it ... I thought they were the better side."

Fittler also praised the Origin comeback series produced by both Latrell Mitchell – who was dropped in 2019 – and man of the series Tom Trbojevic, who missed last year through injury.

"They did all the damage in the first two games without a doubt," Fittler said.

"I thought Queensland did a good job on them tonight, they had their defence well in order.

"Latrell made the most of minimal opportunity but when he's playing you're just going to get more fans and crowds. There's a couple of players out there tonight that are just brilliant, fantastic to watch and he's one of them."

cherry-evansd-try-180711-sd-05.jpg

Fittler said last week he owed Moses for helping get him the NSW gig apparently through their association with the Lebanon RL side, thought at the time it sounded a bit odd, I bet Reynolds and Walker would be pissed off if they heard that, it seemed to me listening to him that they never had a chance
Fittler isn’t a coaches ball $ack!!! Don’t understand the plaudits he’s getting as NSW coach when it’s the players NOT him who are making him look good! Can’t stand him & that illiterate druggie immortal Johns!
“Fittler isn’t a coaches ball $ack!!! “-

I’ll stick up for him,
I reckon he would be. ;)

You liked a bullying comment (thus supporting it) in this very thread.

Then followed up with a comment / post like this , which really achieves nothing but fuelling the flame.

But " some in this place are hard work" according to you. Won't lie Disco, I get you're trying to have a sly little stab / jab at me (like you've done a lot to quite a few the past little while), but I'm definitely keeping good company if you know what I mean.

All I ask (as I did with our team selection debate), is you play the subject, not dig the man, but it appears beyond your means mate.

I'm genuinely not sure what bullying comment you are referring to and I never referenced an individual user but take it as you will.

We are all random usernames here, nothing is playing the man, because we all know nothing about each other. (Yes I know some of you know each other)

All we have to play is peoples comments/subjects/opinions.

We disagree on plenty and agree on some and that is awesome! What fun would a forum be if everyone agreed on the same thing.

So yeah.......no personal vendetta etc on my part and wish whoever you are only the best.

But if I see any comments or opinions that I think are outragous/silly/angry/contradictive/inaccurate etc etc I'll call them out and engage in that discussion and hope and expect people do the same if they think "Disco's" opinions are outragous/silly/angry/contradictive/inaccurate.

Anyway all the best and go Manly.

Maybe spar again soon

Last edited:
The Booff heads can Boo as much as they like
Tonight the Victorious DCE is having the last laugh
The booing of DCE typifies The moronic mob attitude still held by idiots in this state and in particular the GC. Seriously get the f$&@ over it. That situation occurred years ago now. Move on. Some up here never will. It’s a bit sad really as DCE always seems to be a bit of a Qld outcast.

In relation to the game, nsw halves were awful and the difference imo. They play the Souths guys and nsw prob win by 20. This game was on Fittler - but that media darling gets a free pass, while all the talk will be about Green getting canned and why Qld couldn’t show the commitment last night in the first 2 games. I’m just glad it’s over and we can get back to Manly and a run to the finals.

Tom needed to dummy

Come to think of it I don't think ive seen him dummying at all
If you dummy and the fullback doesn't fall for it and you blow a try with 2 in support that is a fairly bad mistake. If your pass is knocked away by the fullback that is a bit unlucky.
Throwing the pass was the conventional, safer play.
I heard Gould saying Turbo should know that Ponga has done that before. So what!
I think it was just a big play by Ponga rather than a totally botched play by turbo.

The booing of DCE during the presentation was pretty piss poor! Fittler moaning about the referee. Complaining about the penalties & 6 agains. Johns commentary sounded like he was not with it……I guess his usual self. Tedesco got a 9 in the ratings lolololol. Munster 7.5, DCE 7??? Munster lauded whilst DCE was apparently average! Surprisingly James Hooper the only one to praise him! Oh well….
Yeah that’s a crazy rating for Teddy I guess they base that on his metres and involvement. That’s absolutely stuffed our attack. The Paul Gallen of Fullbacks. Hopefully Tom to fullback next year with Lomax or chrighton to centre.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8