The Ashes 2021 / 22 (in Aust)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
F7290828-4E80-403A-BB26-E1B8949C28EF.jpeg

Cricket Australia won’t like the game being done and dusted inside 2.5 days, but as a former fast bowler (and resident number 11) I loved seeing the ball move off the deck for the entirety of the game. Only the really skilful survive, and I think Harris’ knock will be one of those underrated / unmentioned innings when people talk about this game in the future.

Well done to Boland, too. Earned his call up through years of patience and took the chance with both hands. I thought the pre-test hyperbole that he is unplayable at the MCG was putting undue pressure on him, but it was in fact true. Seems like a humble bloke too.

Our top 6 seamers have done unbelievably well. Abbott, Stekete and Meredith might not be too far off either. Just wish we had the same batting depth.

I have said it before, but thank goodness for this thread the past few weeks… given what is going on in the other threads, I was going to suggest Mark should start a fishing thread (coincidentally I’m taking my 6 year old eldest fishing for the first time tomorrow, so here’s hoping we catch something!).

Last edited:
Well done to Bolton, too. Earned his call up through years of patience and took the chance with both hands. I thought the pre-test hyperbole that he is unplayable at the MCG was putting undue pressure on him, but it was in fact true. Seems like a humble bloke too.

Our top 6 seamers have done unbelievably well. Abbott, Stekete and Meredith might not be too far off either. Just wish we had the same batting depth.

I have said it before, but thank goodness for this thread the past few weeks… given what is going on in the other threads, I was going to suggest Mark should start a fishing thread (coincidentally I’m taking my 6 year old eldest fishing for the first time tomorrow, so here’s hoping we catch something!).

It was an innings for the ages, for Borland, that's for sure.

Mark doesn't need to start a fishing thread. he turns most threads into stories about fishing...lol

Cricket Australia won’t like the game being done and dusted inside 2.5 days, b
I don't like it either! Was about to bid a bunch of houseguests adieu and recover with a couple of days watching the test on TV, alas - it was all over. We got to watch the last few wickets which seemed to fall in about 15 minutes, the bloody game was over and the guests hadn't even left yet!

My guess from afar is that dealing with Covid stuff for a couple of years has really knocked the English players about mentally. I think they've kept playing and touring far more than the Aussies have.

I like to see Australia beat England at cricket but so far this one almost feels a bit hollow. (But go 5-0, lol)

I don't like it either! Was about to bid a bunch of houseguests adieu and recover with a couple of days watching the test on TV, alas - it was all over. We got to watch the last few wickets which seemed to fall in about 15 minutes, the bloody game was over and the guests hadn't even left yet!

My guess from afar is that dealing with Covid stuff for a couple of years has really knocked the English players about mentally. I think they've kept playing and touring far more than the Aussies have.

I like to see Australia beat England at cricket but so far this one almost feels a bit hollow. (But go 5-0, lol)
They've definitely played a lot more than us, and I reckon you are right that all the COVID bio-security bubbles etc would take its toll after a while. But, Root has performed, so I am going to go with the line of thinking that says England are just terrible at the moment and their terribleness is just amplified by being COVID weary.

As for feeling hollow.... yeah, the lack of a contest means that it feels pre-ordained. The thing is, I wouldn't tire of Manly winning every game by 40+, and I feel the same about the Australian cricket team! In saying that, I would be happy to see Stokes get a 100 in the next test (he is a ranga after all).

They've definitely played a lot more than us, and I reckon you are right that all the COVID bio-security bubbles etc would take its toll after a while. But, Root has performed, so I am going to go with the line of thinking that says England are just terrible at the moment and their terribleness is just amplified by being COVID weary.

As for feeling hollow.... yeah, the lack of a contest means that it feels pre-ordained. The thing is, I wouldn't tire of Manly winning every game by 40+, and I feel the same about the Australian cricket team! In saying that, I would be happy to see Stokes get a 100 in the next test (he is a ranga after all).
I recall being impressed many years ago when my then brother-in-law said his ideal score in an Ashes Test was for the Aussies to declare at none for 1000 then bowl England out twice for nought.

Our family 2021 Ashes Tour is coming to a close. Whilst happy to tick it off the list, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the MCG experience. Maybe it is something to do with the lack of cricket, but 35k at the Adelaide Oval made a whole lot more noise and atmosphere than 50k at the G. I must be showing my age, but it was also somewhat distracting to have so many "young lads" there just to "get on it" and have very little interest in actually watching the cricket.
Highlights were Marnus's ton in Adelaide and Scott Boland's unbelievable spell to wrap up the Ashes!
Will be targeting the Sydney Test next year!
Go Australia!

4th test time!

we be at sydney, and it's been raining on and off all day.

Aust chose to bat and are 1-75.

Warner out (for the 13th time) against Broad.

aust seem to be doing their upmost in giving eng a good chance to win!

Khawaja reaches 50 and now has more runs in the ashes series than Harris...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4