Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
marga said:
If I wasn't a lady I would tell all of you bagging Choc to get .........
At least wait until/if he and the Club make an official announcement, then have your fun. Some of you are just plain childish with your comments.
He will always be a Manly legend in my eyes.
yes but be gone with him ..

I think the sadness at this whole situation is masquerading as bitterness and negative vibes towards choc.

I'd bet every fan here wants to see manly legends play out there days here, but also every fan wants to see an always successful club. These two facets of club management seemingly can't co exist.

I don't envy the people who have to make these hard calls.

joeboy said:
I think the sadness at this whole situation is masquerading as bitterness and negative vibes towards choc.

I'd bet every fan here wants to see manly legends play out there days here, but also every fan wants to see an always successful club. These two facets of club management seemingly can't co exist.

That's where the NRL needs to get fair dinkum about dispensation for long term one team players.
Personally I feel Dave Smith and Greenberg are totally out of touch and have no concept of tribalism and absolutely no respect for the fans.

RE: Watmaugh - In the end, it was all about money

I don't begrudge Choc if he wants to earn as much money as he can before he retires in 2 or so years. I don't hold that against any player.

What I do have a problem with is how all this has been played out. Choc has been a disruptive influence to the Sea Eagles this season and its unfortunately showed.

To me he will always be a Manly champion. I said in another thread a while ago that he has managed to do what most second row forwards would do.....he has rarely missed a game through injury (though he's missed a few to suspension) and had been a rock for this team for 10 years. But the way he is leaving (which I think he is doing) will definitely taint things. How much remains to be seen.

I think the smartest thing Manly can do is to let him go.

And just a small point, @Bearfax Manly have not actually won back-to-back premierships since Bozo took Kerry Packer's money to join Easts. We've made a few back-to-back Grand Finals (82-83, 95-97, 07-08), but unfortunately we haven't gone back-to-back since 1972-73.

Andrew.. said:
joeboy said:

That's where the NRL needs to get fair dinkum about dispensation for long term one team players.
Personally I feel Dave Smith and Greenberg are totally out of touch and have no concept of tribalism and absolutely no respect for the fans.

David Smith hasn't got a clue about the game. Neither does Greenturd for that matter.

marga said:
At least wait until/if he and the Club make an official announcement, then have your fun. Some of you are just plain childish with your comments.

The voice of reason is @marga We need more fans like you.

We gotta laugh at those here bagging him for not having loyalty. Hello......

bob dylan said:
marga said:

Well he wasn't loyal the way he carried on over the last month or so, so the joke's on you

marga said:
well said Marga

bob dylan said:
marga said:

Why? what's so funny or even wrong with wanting someone to fulfil there contract? Or because he is a champion in your books he can do what he wants and is above criticism.

Its disappointing sure we all get that.

I lived through Fulton going, its the reason I still dislike the Chooks, but Fulton is a Manly great.

I saw Hasler go to the Magpies, he is still a Manly great.

I have seen Terry Hill, Michael O'Connor, Matthew Ridge, Ian Roberts and dozens of others leave but they are still Manly greats.

bob dylan said:
marga said:

Really???? So what you're saying is that loyalty is being able to cause havoc during a season with your issues and then break a contract? I'll have a laugh at that........

bob dylan said:

I lived through Fulton going, its the reason I still dislike the Chooks, but Fulton is a Manly great.

I have seen Terry Hill, Michael O'Connor, Matthew Ridge, Ian Roberts and dozens of others leave but they are still Manly greats.

Classic match today was manly v sharks from 95 when we came back from 18-0

Ian Roberts was an absolute monster for us

bob dylan said:

You just don't get the argument (or refuse to acknowledge it) has nothing to do if he leaves(to me) I and others have lived through those same players (and more) leaving the 1 difference none of them were under contract. He can do what he likes after his contract expires. We are now at the point when he and his manager have made it impossible for the club to do anything other than release him. Then he can turn around and say the club didn't want me.

If "no one is bigger than the club" as many of you have said, then doesn't it stand to reason that Choc's behaviour and impending departure has/will do little to curb our success? Sure, some of the Wiedler stuff wasn't great, but at the end of the day, he is just one player that might play for us, or might not. Either way, we'll be fine, and in a couple of years you'll all look back and think of Choc as a Manly legend again.

Yeah I get it, there is no doubt he agreed to terms back in May at Origin time, probably hasn't even signed yet, but gone nonetheless.

But some of the same people bagging him want Trent Merrin here next year. He has a contract at St George.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else but it appears if we wait for contract to expire we will lose all our players and never sign anyone. Greenburg and Smith have eroded this integrity.

Also I have seen no evidence of Choc not giving 100% everytime he took the field, sometimes he tries too hard. The Wiedler interviews come back to a poor decision by his manager and an ill informed player, it was a bad look.

What we all know is he will give great service wherever he goes barring injury.

bob dylan said:

Bob I'm sure you'de be the first to say we can't always agree.

I'll always acknowledge any players contributions to Manly but sadly I just can't put Des Hasler down as one of our greats. It may sound like sour grapes but for me respect for the club is earned on and off the football field. Trying to coerce other staff to jump ship and leave us gutted isn't something I find easy to forgive.

Remember the "Give Randalls Jersey Back" sign.

Like most, Gibbs was a footballing mercenary.

When I think back after seeing Watmough become the new Tommy 'Rent a Quote' Ridiculous I'll smile and think about how good he was in 2009, his hands and his ability to give penalties to the other team

bob dylan said:
Yeah I get it, there is no doubt he agreed to terms back in May at Origin time, probably hasn't even signed yet, but gone nonetheless.

But some of the same people bagging him want Trent Merrin here next year. He has a contract at St George.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else but it appears if we wait for contract to expire we will lose all our players and never sign anyone. Greenburg and Smith have eroded this integrity.

Also I have seen no evidence of Choc not giving 100% everytime he took the field, sometimes he tries too hard. The Wiedler interviews come back to a poor decision by his manager and an ill informed player, it was a bad look.

What we all know is he will give great service wherever he goes barring injury.

Agreed. The under contract people must really dislike Lyon as well

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8